Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Complete Avengers Series 2 (Unstoppable)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complete Avengers Series 2 (Unstoppable)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
As with every Unstoppable release, dealers have their exclusive promos. So far I have seen:

MB1 and MB2 by Taekwondo888

JW1 and JW2 by JDW Cards

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
CC1 and CC2 by Cyber Cellar

PC1 and PC2 by Premier Cards

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I have a big issue with these promos, If I spend money with a dealer then I would expect one free. Thats the idea, to encourage you to buy from different dealers, but instead they charge you. I don't collect them any more for this reason. Some dealers do send you a copy which I appreciate, but mostly you have to pay.

I don't know what other collectors think?

Can you imagine going to Memorabelia and Harris saying I have 10 promos for you and you can purchase them at 10 pounds each. Its not going to happen. Same here.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
AS1 and AS2 by AMS 78

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
I have a big issue with these promos, If I spend money with a dealer then I would expect one free.

If the dealer is any good and worth giving your money to then you will.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a big issue with these promos, If I spend money with a dealer then I would expect one free. Thats the idea, to encourage you to buy from different dealers, but instead they charge you. I don't collect them any more for this reason. Some dealers do send you a copy which I appreciate, but mostly you have to pay.

Can you imagine going to Memorabelia and Harris saying I have 10 promos for you and you can purchase them at 10 pounds each. Its not going to happen. Same here.

I agree, some are asking £10+++ it's ridiculous. Some of the Black and white promo's are £35+ Shake Head

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you think that is extreme, recall what Unstoppable did at least twice in recent years.

They made unique promos for PRIVATE collectors. They did this for one fellow for The Saint Series 1 (card was supposedly limited to 3 or 5 in existence) and they also did this for someone else on the Space 1999 set from 2019.

I have never seen either card...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still don't know the situation with these "dealer promos" from Unstoppable. Did the dealer pay the company to have cards specially printed for them or were these cards specially printed by the company and then given to them for being good customers? I might at least see why a dealer would charge for a "promo" if they paid extra for their supply, but at that point, it's really an extra chase card.

To me a dealer would buy 10 pounds worth of goodwill with a customer if the customer is informed that the dealer paid extra for the card (assuming that did happen) and then gave one with a purchase rather than make it an additional charge. I can see not just handing those out to the crowd especially with the small print run but it doesn't smell right to try to squeeze that much out of a customer a dealer should want to keep happy. 10 pounds ($12-13 USD) is real money at a card show.

Jess

quote:

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RK1 and RK2 by Roman Krause

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I still don't know the situation with these "dealer promos" from Unstoppable. Did the dealer pay the company to have cards specially printed for them or were these cards specially printed by the company and then given to them for being good customers? I might at least see why a dealer would charge for a "promo" if they paid extra for their supply, but at that point, it's really an extra chase card.

To me a dealer would buy 10 pounds worth of goodwill with a customer if the customer is informed that the dealer paid extra for the card (assuming that did happen) and then gave one with a purchase rather than make it an additional charge. I can see not just handing those out to the crowd especially with the small print run but it doesn't smell right to try to squeeze that much out of a customer a dealer should want to keep happy. 10 pounds ($12-13 USD) is real money at a card show.

Dealers get these for ordering certain amounts of product from Unstoppable. I cannot say whether you could get more by offering to pay for them.

But, they are really pretty rare, usually less than 25 and in some cases less than 10 get sent.

Now, my customers who preorder these products get them for free, as it should be.

However, if someone is not a customer they don't get them for free. If someone just wants the promo, then it costs money as it cost me to invest in product to get them. I don't squeeze it out of anyone, you're free not to have one with no hard feelings.

This is how I approach all promos. Customers get them for free, as a Thank You for deciding to spend your money with me. But, if you just want promos then it will cost you for the card.

If that makes me a bad dealer, so be it. I give a LOT of free promos for my company away every year, but the ones from manufacturers come at a price.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

Dealers get these for ordering certain amounts of product from Unstoppable. I cannot say whether you could get more by offering to pay for them.

But, they are really pretty rare, usually less than 25 and in some cases less than 10 get sent.

Now, my customers who preorder these products get them for free, as it should be.

However, if someone is not a customer they don't get them for free. If someone just wants the promo, then it costs money as it cost me to invest in product to get them. I don't squeeze it out of anyone, you're free not to have one with no hard feelings.

This is how I approach all promos. Customers get them for free, as a Thank You for deciding to spend your money with me. But, if you just want promos then it will cost you for the card.

If that makes me a bad dealer, so be it. I give a LOT of free promos for my company away every year, but the ones from manufacturers come at a price.

Ed

Ed

The difference is that some dealers don't give them with product. The fact that you do, makes you a good guy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really though, these aren't "promos" in the usual sense of the word, they are "multiple case purchase dealer incentives." My new phrase is the "Adjective Promo Card".

Unstoppable usually marks them as "Dealer Promo" to distinguish them from the usual "Promo Card" markings.

Of course they violated that rule with the single-dealer-exclusive PR1-PR5 for this series. With CB3-CB4 from the 2019 Christmas special offer promo pack, they were marked "Bonus Promo".

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
UT1 by Umbrella (he will also have UT2 later)

TM1 and TM2 by Telly Mania

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And there are some dealers which will NOT sell these separately from an order

2-3 years ago, I was chasing the dealer promos from a particular Unstoppable set. I had already purchased a box of the cards from the Unstoppable website

I saw 2 different dealers with the boxes and their exclusive promos on ebay. I contacted them about the promos, and they said sorry, they'd only include them if I purchased the boxes of cards for $ 100. But I already had the boxes...

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now, my customers who preorder these products get them for free, as it should be. However, if someone is not a customer they don't get them for free. If that makes me a bad dealer, so be it.

Ed

No this makes you one of those good dealers i was mentioning earlier. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
EM1 and EM2 by Acme 3000

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Now, my customers who preorder these products get them for free, as it should be. However, if someone is not a customer they don't get them for free. If that makes me a bad dealer, so be it.

Ed

No this makes you one of those good dealers i was mentioning earlier. Clap

I second Wolfie's comment and add one of my own by stealing a nickname given to certain members of the RAF in WWII "One of the Few"

rrgards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
TC1 and TC2 by Top Cards

Note my other post, the discovery of a PH2 promo for the Series 1 set, from 2019. Supposedly only 1 copy of this card was made, and it sold today on ebay for $ 310 !

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Really though, these aren't "promos" in the usual sense of the word, they are "multiple case purchase dealer incentives." My new phrase is the "Adjective Promo Card".

Unstoppable usually marks them as "Dealer Promo" to distinguish them from the usual "Promo Card" markings.

Of course they violated that rule with the single-dealer-exclusive PR1-PR5 for this series. With CB3-CB4 from the 2019 Christmas special offer promo pack, they were marked "Bonus Promo".

I agree with you.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Really though, these aren't "promos" in the usual sense of the word, they are "multiple case purchase dealer incentives."

I would say they actually do a pretty good job of promoting the set. We're all talking about it right now.

And it does promote buying from a dealer you want the promos from.

I'd actually say the promos for web purchases on the Unstoppable website are less of a promo and much more of an incentive.

But, people collect promos, so we call them promos.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post