Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Disney John Carter Movie 4-card Promo Sets - UK and USA.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney John Carter Movie 4-card Promo Sets - UK and USA.
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
There are 2 new Disney John Carter movie sets out there. The movie releases March 9, 2012.

There is a USA version and a United Kingdom version of the promo sets.

I have gotten the 4-card United Kingdom set. Standard sized high quality cards. Here are the front and back scans:

Here is a scan of the USA set which I do not yet have:

USA version of cards

I could not get the USA version of cards to display so hopefully the link will work.

I am not sure how either of these sets are being distributed.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I like the design of the UK cards better than the US.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Woola Woola!!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just got back from seeing the film. My Vue cinema knew nothing about these. Have you any info on where they can be picked up?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There has been a suggestion that Cineworld have got them.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I am going tomorrow to a Cineworld.Will keep a look out for them.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I am going tomorrow to a Cineworld.Will keep a look out for them.

Went to the Cineworld on Broad Street Birmingham and got the "Manuel from Fawlty Towers" response (I know nothing) Shake Head .One staff member said they got loads of promotional items every week but most of it just gets dumped in storage and then cleared out and thrown away when someone finds it weeks or months later Mad .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yep that sounds like the local cinema. Roll Eyes

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I found the UK set easily on E-bay, then went to the AMC US theater looking for the US version, but no luck.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cardaddict:
I found the UK set easily on E-bay

Probably being sold by someone who works for a cinema chain Shake Head .

Picture of Darth Graham
posted Hide Post
I have seen these in the Cineworld at Milton Keynes and managed to get a set, I have also seen them in the Disney store in Milton Keynes.

Posts: 165 | Location: Milton Keynes, UK | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I just gave up and bought a US set on Ebay after seeing the movie, which I really liked.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a couple of US sets. Here's some better scans:

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post