Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    GTS National Hobby Shop Day Promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GTS National Hobby Shop Day Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
About 100 hobby stores are participating in this December 8, 2018 event

According to one website, Cryptozoic will be supplying each store with 50 packs that contain 3 promos

One promo is the Rick and Morty Series 2 P7. Unknown as to what the other two are.

Of the 50 packs given to a store, 3 will contain "chase hits"

Posts: 3995 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's interesting. My niece is in a soccer tournament that morning but I might be able to check out a local store later to pick up a pack.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
About 100 hobby stores are participating in this December 8, 2018 event

According to one website, Cryptozoic will be supplying each store with 50 packs that contain 3 promos

One promo is the Rick and Morty Series 2 P7. Unknown as to what the other two are.

Of the 50 packs given to a store, 3 will contain "chase hits"

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The GTS website lists the names of the 100 stores that are participating. Better consult with the list.

I looked at the New Jersey list, which is close to me, and there are only 3 stores in the whole state participating, none of which are remotely near where I live

Posts: 3995 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had looked at the list. There are two stores within a 30 minute drive and another maybe an hour away. I might be too late, though.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
The GTS website lists the names of the 100 stores that are participating. Better consult with the list.

I looked at the New Jersey list, which is close to me, and there are only 3 stores in the whole state participating, none of which are remotely near where I live

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I will be attending in Howell NJ at Bob’s Sports Cards as I buy regularly from Bob. Nice store with plenty of Non-Sports.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I will be attending in Howell NJ at Bob’s Sports Cards as I buy regularly from Bob. Nice store with plenty of Non-Sports.

Very Nice store

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went to two stores today. One was unaware of the Cryptozoic promos. They had only their own cards to give out (baseball promos from earlier this year and a football pack from three years ago) plus a raffle ticket. The other store also gave out only a few sports packs that look like promos (2017 National Hockey Card Day and Topps 2018 Hobby Exclusive Holiday Trading Cards). That store did have the Cryptozoic cards but they randomly inserted them in goodie bags reserved only for customers buying more than $50 worth of merchandise. I doubt that was Cryptozoic's intention for the cards.

In both cases I did buy some supplies as I was out of sleeves and top loaders and low on card pages. I didn't want to just show up for the freebies so I waited until today to go out and buy that stuff. Neither store seemed to be any busier than a normal Saturday (usually one guy buying a box of sports cards or some packs, sometimes even opening a few packs right there.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
sounds like the usual farce with these things, nobody ever knows anything about it when you get there.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the pack has the following:

new Ricky and Morty Season 2 P7
new DC Bombshells 2 P5

old Outlander Series 3 P1

A Crypto business card type promo

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I went to Bobs Sportcards in Howell, NJ Bob gave me several Cryptozoic promo packs and I hit on a Rick and Morty sketch. I also got several sports promo packs as well. Bob also had subs and cookies to celebrate the day. I brought two boxes of Ant-Man and the Wasp to support Bob for doing this (it costs the stores who participate in this, so supporting them is the right thing to do).

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the shop to support. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you followed me on FACEBOOK or TWITTER you know I mentioned that the first store I went to gave me 3 cards in a plastic pocket that was not sealed. I thought that was odd so I looked for another shop within a reasonable distance and they gave me a completely sealed pack. I was told all were sealed. It really shows the honesty of the shops when they pick out the hits before the fans even get a chance. Someone else replied with the same story in their area.
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Sounds like the shop to support. Thumb Up

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I went to Bobs Sportcards in Howell, NJ Bob gave me several Cryptozoic promo packs and I hit on a Rick and Morty sketch. I also got several sports promo packs as well. Bob also had subs and cookies to celebrate the day. I brought two boxes of Ant-Man and the Wasp to support Bob for doing this (it costs the stores who participate in this, so supporting them is the right thing to do).

A store and a collector that does it right Thumb Up

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post