Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Show Exclusives
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Show Exclusives
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Enterplay released a My Little Pony: FIM set over the summer. Part of it was a pair of show exclusive foil promos.

F40 was handed out at the 2012 Brony Con.
F37 was given out at 2012 SDCC but Enterplay's website says it will be at more shows in the future.

If you have a weak stomach, don't look up the prices on eBay. I was shocked. The F40 is over $150. The F37 is very rare at this point with each rising steadily. There's one listed right now that's sitting at more than $450. Eek

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I just hope the people buying them know what they are doing. Eek

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
ARRRG - i was at DragonCon with Andy Price - & didn't even think to ask ...

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Definitely not something I saw or found at SDCC did they have a booth there or was it given out somewhere else?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Enterplay released a My Little Pony: FIM set over the summer. Part of it was a pair of show exclusive foil promos.

F40 was handed out at the 2012 Brony Con.
F37 was given out at 2012 SDCC but Enterplay's website says it will be at more shows in the future.

If you have a weak stomach, don't look up the prices on eBay. I was shocked. The F40 is over $150. The F37 is very rare at this point with each rising steadily. There's one listed right now that's sitting at more than $450. Eek

You could buy a REAL pony at those prices!!!!

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen on ebay F35, F37, F38, F39, F40, and F41, ALL going for huge bucks, $ 100-200 plus

How many different promos are there ?

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Are they selling for these prices or is this just the asking price?

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolfie, yes, these cards are selling for upwards of $ 100 each !

They are nice, but are they really promos ? I don't think that they actually advertise the set. They seem to be just foil chase cards which are not inserted into the packs. And for some of them, you had to buy an item to get them

The checklist on the website doesn't even list all of the ones Tommy has reported. The site says that foils F1-F34 come in the packs. So anything beyond that (F35 on) are not in the packs, apparently. The checklist mentions F37 and F40, but checking completed ebay auctions, there are AT LEAST 6 different ones out there, beyond F34

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Not all the nutters are collecting star wars then. Big Grin

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
They are that expensive because you are paying off the seller to not divulge that you collect My Little Pony cards!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You should have seen the turnout in Secaucus, NJ a few months back when they had their My Little Pony con. I saw it on the local news. It was quite a crowd, and it wasn't mostly little girls or middle aged women with childhood memories of the 1980s. I would say that half of the attendees were middle aged guys.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post