Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Wars Disney May the 4th Promos
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Disney May the 4th Promos
 Login/Join

Picture of RedFive
posted
Disney stores will be giving away Star Wars promos, starting May the 4th. Twelve cards in all.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
2 cards will be given out on alternate weekends during the next 12 weeks starting with today. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The first 2 cards are Han Solo & Stormtrooper.

They are very good quality with foily fronts.

The 12 promos make up a puzzle picture on the backs.

There is also a flyer advertising the cards which is really nice aswell.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I went to the Disney Store today. They have a trivia content for the cards. My question was: How many languages does 3CP0 speak. The prize was a pack of 3 cards. They were numbered 1 of 9, 2 of 9 and 3 of 9.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Those sound totally different to the ones we have, our's is a 12 card set and the cards are unnumbered.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
The US promotion will be going on for 3 weeks. Each store has a limited supply. My cards in order were Luke Skywalker, Stormtroopers, and Chewbacca.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I went to a local Disney store and the manager said 4 weeks. This makes no sense as the cards were numbered 1 of 9 to 3 of 9. Looks like 2 different series to collect!

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I went to the Disney store today and they told me to come back tomorrow for the next series

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:

When I asked her what would happen to any leftover packs, she said they would be "disposed of."

Love it. Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The first 2 UK promos and the flyer just sold for £26 Eek

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The second pair of cards in this 12 card set are now available from the Disney store.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
A full set of the 12 cards just sold for £65. Eek

A neat trick as only 4 of the cards have been released so far. Roll Eyes

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
I know mad eh!!
Problem is all disney stores where i live or
Close have closed this year!
Nearest store is london-not helping!!! Roll Eyes

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here in New Jersey, there used to be a Disney Store in every mall, 10-20 years ago

To my knowledge, and I could be wrong, nearly everyone here in NJ has closed. I am aware of maybe 2 that are still left in the whole state

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
There are four regular stores and two outlet stores in New Jersey. Fortunately two are near me. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The last ones I recall being to were at the Jackson Outlets and the Bridgewater Mall, but I think the latter is gone now

Batman, where are these stores in NJ ?

Remember in the 1990s when they had those Warner Bros. stores that sold DC Comics and Dawson's Creek related stuff ? Smile

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
David you can find them in the Freehold Raceway Mall, the Monmouth Mall, and the Woodbridge Center Mall.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The third pair of the UK cards are released in the stores today. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would like to see what the UK cards look like. I have a complete set of unopened USA packs for trade.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
I would like to see what the UK cards look like. I have a complete set of unopened USA packs for trade.

All 12 are here:-

http://www.disney.co.uk/starwars-competition/

(UK Only competition unfortunately)

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post