Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Gotham P5 promo (Cryptozoic)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gotham P5 promo (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Exclusive to the Aug 3-7 NSCC show, however there is a catch:

Cryptozoic Entertainment will be in GTS Distribution’s Case Break Lounge. Stop by and learn more about some of our upcoming projects and chat with our team. If you visit you will be able to collect a limited edition Alfred Pennyworth promo card from the upcoming Gotham Season 1 set. Remove the shrink wrap and break the seal of your Cryptozoic trading card hobby box in front of a Cryptozoic representative at their booth in the GTS Breaker’s Lounge to receive a limited Gotham Trading Cards Season 1 promo card (P5) featuring Alfred Pennyworth. Limit of 24 promo cards per attendee per day. While supplies last.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
yet another alledged promo card that is actually a rewards card for buying a box of product. It might aswell be called a box topper.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are they saying only 120 are being released if it is 24 per day ? The show is 5 days

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess I misread it. 24 per attendee. So someone could possibly open 24 boxes and get 24 promos

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have Gotham P3 and P4 promos been released yet ?

I know that P1 is out there (hard to find) and P2 was in NSU

There were also metal versions of P1 to P3 earlier this year at the Hawaii show

I have not seen regular P3 or any P4 yet, despite the fact that P5 is now coming !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally saw a P5 (just one) along with a non metal P3

So far, few have surfaced

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What is the point of making a card to promote something and then not letting anybody have one??? Confused

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
What is the point of making a card to promote something and then not letting anybody have one??? Confused

You're talking about it aren't you? That's the point. Big Grin

If a P5 was available for every CZE box purchased at NSCC, you have to expect that there were hundreds of them. You also have to expect that CZE and/or GTS Distribution probably left with hundreds of them. Wink

Gotham has not been released yet. No matter where they are now, all these promos will surface eventually, count on it. Manufacturers and distributors are not throwing them away, they are being treated as incentives.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The P3 has the same image as the metal P3 (the gal who becomes Catwoman)

Here is P5. Completed auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331933695365

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Here is P5. Completed auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331933695365

$30 + $18 to post it. I now have my answer.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, no sense in getting upset about "limited" promos. They do surface eventually. I remember being at the 2001 San Diego Comic Con and going to a Star Wars panel discussion/preview (must have been for "Attack of the Clones"). At the end reps were handing out the promo Star Wars Evolution P4. I got a couple and traded for a few more and traded most of them after getting home. They were selling for about $10 each or you could get something else good for one for a while. Now, you can pick one up (or even the "rarer" P3) on Ebay for a couple of bucks.

What was that line in "Rising Sun" (quoting Sun Tzu)...if you wait by the river long enough, you will see the body of your enemy floating by?

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

You're talking about it aren't you? That's the point. Big Grin

If a P5 was available for every CZE box purchased at NSCC, you have to expect that there were hundreds of them. You also have to expect that CZE and/or GTS Distribution probably left with hundreds of them. Wink

Gotham has not been released yet. No matter where they are now, all these promos will surface eventually, count on it. Manufacturers and distributors are not throwing them away, they are being treated as incentives.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post