Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Lost Seasons 1-5 P9 promo
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost Seasons 1-5 P9 promo
 Login/Join

Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Well, I did something this weekend that I vowed I'd never, ever do.. I joined Facebook...DAMN YOU RA!!!! Smile SASE is on it's way.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I sent mine 5 weeks ago and do not have anything yet, getting slightly concerned.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
Well, I did something this weekend that I vowed I'd never, ever do.. I joined Facebook...DAMN YOU RA!!!! Smile SASE is on it's way.

And have you also become a fan of Non-Sport Update yet? Huh? Well, have you? Wink

www.facebook.com/nonsportupdate

Sorry to hijack the thread. Couldn't help myself. Please go back to your regularly scheduled LOST P9 promo talk.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I just joined the over the weekend too (even though I always vowed and declared that I never would).
I guess I'll do almost anything for a relatively free card Big Grin
But don't worry before even joining RA, I joined NSU first Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I sent mine 5 weeks ago and do not have anything yet, getting slightly concerned.

Same here

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Same here

I wouldn't worry guys, it may take a little longer. I live in Canada and it took over 3 weeks for mine to arrive.

Posts: 177 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Got mine today 1 step closer to finshing my set

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Got mine today too. Thanks Rittenhouse.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Same here

Ditto Frown

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HAPPY JACK
posted Hide Post
Here is a message I got from someone on the bay after posting the Lost P9 promo,

"thanks for ruining our chance to sell ours. why would you mention facebook? unbelievable!! good thinking einstein!!!"

Can you believe it? Who cares if I mentioned Facebook? I told the guy that I made my $10 for my free card and that he still could too. And that I would rather people go get it for themselves if they want. I told him that i wasn't trying to be super greedy and that he shouldn't be also.

I just don't get some people. And that is the second message I got asking why I put the word "Facebook" in the title.

You know why? Because that's were it's from!

Posts: 90 | Location: USA | Registered: July 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today Bouncey

Thanks RA Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HAPPY JACK:
Here is a message I got from someone on the bay after posting the Lost P9 promo,

"thanks for ruining our chance to sell ours. why would you mention facebook? unbelievable!! good thinking einstein!!!"

Can you believe it? Who cares if I mentioned Facebook? I told the guy that I made my $10 for my free card and that he still could too. And that I would rather people go get it for themselves if they want. I told him that i wasn't trying to be super greedy and that he shouldn't be also.

I just don't get some people. And that is the second message I got asking why I put the word "Facebook" in the title.

Anyone who's ever seen my posts here knows that I'm super-nice and I can tell you I'm like that in "real life", too, but wow, I am shamed by the courtesy and class you showed with your reply to that person.

There are a million things wrong with someone sending you that nonsense, and I would hope Ebay hears about it, if you're so inclined. Related to this board however is the fact that your service to our hobby (on the largest forum there is, no less, Ebay) justifies that guy losing a fistful of $10 dollar bills, if that's what your accurate title and description for your item means.

It is way more important that we do things to benefit the hobby whenever we can (i.e. a shout out to Rittenhouse) than to help someone make 10 bucks by keeping a "secret" that's not really even a secret.

Someone who doesn't care about cards doesn't deserve to make money from them, in my view. To the people who keep the hobby going in the first place, the dedicated manufacturers and collectors like those found on this board, cards are more than a commodity, and their worth certainly isn't solely based on what someone would pay for them.

I would hope that fellow is so incensed by his dashed opportunity to "cash in" that he now seeks out some other investment area for his "flipping", but even more, that he never bothers anyone again with a complaint so groundless as to be insulting.

Cheers to you. Thumb Up

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I got mine today. Clap

Thank you very much Rittenhouse, it has been placed in my binder, i only need the P8 now. Anyone got a spare one?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Yay! Mine arrived today as well. Cheers Rittenhouse Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Originally posted by HAPPY JACK:

Anyone who's ever seen my posts here knows that I'm super-nice and I can tell you I'm like that in "real life", too, but wow, I am shamed by the courtesy and class you showed with your reply to that person.

There are a million things wrong with someone sending you that nonsense, and I would hope Ebay hears about it, if you're so inclined. Related to this board however is the fact that your service to our hobby (on the largest forum there is, no less, Ebay) justifies that guy losing a fistful of $10 dollar bills, if that's what your accurate title and description for your item means.

It is way more important that we do things to benefit the hobby whenever we can (i.e. a shout out to Rittenhouse) than to help someone make 10 bucks by keeping a "secret" that's not really even a secret.

Someone who doesn't care about cards doesn't deserve to make money from them, in my view. To the people who keep the hobby going in the first place, the dedicated manufacturers and collectors like those found on this board, cards are more than a commodity, and their worth certainly isn't solely based on what someone would pay for them.

I would hope that fellow is so incensed by his dashed opportunity to "cash in" that he now seeks out some other investment area for his "flipping", but even more, that he never bothers anyone again with a complaint so groundless as to be insulting.

Cheers to you. Thumb Up

People can be jerks. Just because you tell the seller how you acquired a card only means you're honest.

I might point out, that a listing of that promo sold a week or two ago that had 'Facebook' in its description(not its title) for $100+. I was always amazed at the astronomical prices these were hitting at first, seems they've gotten more reasonable as more of these have popped up on ebay. Still, even $25 for a card you could get for 88 cents is kind of crazy, but again, some people REALLY don't want to join Facebook.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I got mine today! Thanks RA!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
I got mine yesterday ! Thanks RA !

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
I also received mine yesterday. Thanks RA! Clap

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaguar69
posted Hide Post
Sent out an IRC for this in June from the UK.

Heard absolutly nothing since doing so on this board or anywhere else! Anyone in the UK still waiting for thiers too?

I guess they ran out!!? Confused

Posts: 96 | Location: Ipswich, UK | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well I hate to drag up an old post but just had to say that mine finally arrived today after who knows how long in the post Eek

I sent my SASE back in July. So it has taken quite awhile, I really didn't think I was ever going to see it to be honest.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post