Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    HUNGER GAMES PROMO CARDS W/ AUTOGRAPHS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUNGER GAMES PROMO CARDS W/ AUTOGRAPHS
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
logan what ones are you missing?

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:

The only ones I currently have are Thresh and Clove. I was a week or two late in collecting these and missed the bunch that were listed on eBay initially. Pickings have been very slim lately.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the only extra I have is a Foxface. Let me know if you are interested. I will have to fight hard to find some patience to wait for the others to get listed. I could go broke if I try to open packs to get them.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:

The only ones I currently have are Thresh and Clove. I was a week or two late in collecting these and missed the bunch that were listed on eBay initially. Pickings have been very slim lately.

Yeah, only extra's I have as well are Fox Face and a Josh Hucherson

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I personally opened about 20 packs of the cards, and the Josh Hutcherson/Peeta autograph was my only big pull, although I did also buy a Foxface autograph on eBay for a pretty good amount. Believe it or not, after all those packs, I'm still missing 4 cards to finish the 24 card set.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which ones do you still need? If I have duplicates you are welcome to them.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
Which ones do you still need? If I have duplicates you are welcome to them.

I need 82, 83, 104 and 105

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have extras of 82, 83 & 105. They are yours if you want them.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is an auction for 50 packs on eBay right now!

Posts: 4 | Location: Indiana | Registered: October 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wanna bid on the auction of 50 unopened packs. I'm fairly new to collecting but I LOVE the books and have become a fan. Can I ask you guys whats a good amount to bid on this auction? They claim all 50 packs are from one store. What is the most valuable card in this series. Thanks for any info!

Posts: 4 | Location: Indiana | Registered: October 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jennifer Lawrence is by far the most valuable autograph from this set. The only one listed thus far sold for over $500. It is quite the gamble to bid on these lots because not only are there no guarantees on autographs but if you do hit one it could be for a character that is not valued for even half of what you will spend for the packs. The sets sold pretty well at first but most people that wanted them have bought them up and not many are being sold presently. This 50 pack lot was listed as a buy it now for $250 and it appears it is going to sell for close or more than original asking price. It is a gamble and if you feel lucky then it is worth the bid. I have been burned enough on these packs and hope I have learned my lesson. Until I get a more definitive idea of how many packs were produced, how many different signers and how many each signed I think I would be better off just lighting my money on fire than to keep spending my money on these unopened packs. At least I would be less frustrated and God knows I don't need any more sets. Good luck if you bid and be sure to post your results. (If you aren't too angry from the experience.)

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bacall1! Thanks for the quick reply and info! I think I will try a couple of bids! I will let you guys know the outcome! Thanks again...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would guess you'd probably get an autograph in those packs, but just like Bacall said, if you don't get Jennifer Lawrence you basically lost money. Josh Hutcherson has sold for $125-$200 and the rest are $50-$75. The one thing that really turns me off to this lot is that the packs are rubber banded. My luck I'd pull Jennifer Lawrence and the sides would be pinched and damaged by the bands. But good luck to those who are bidding. Wink

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pulled an auto out of a lot I picked up on eBay. . . Foxface -- which is awesome. The only downside is that Foxface is the only auto I already have from the set. . .

My other Foxface doesn't have a heart like this one -- does anyone else have a Foxface with a heart?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen 3 or 4 Foxfaces sell on eBay and none of those had a heart. Excellent pull webjon! Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
Neither of my 2 has a heart either. Very nice variant pull Webjon. Foxface is the only duplicate I have also and I believe I have seen more of her cards than anyone else. It would be kind of hard to believe that all actors or actresses signed an equal number. I just don't don't know that NECA will ever provide those answers.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Evolucion:
Bacall1! Thanks for the quick reply and info! I think I will try a couple of bids! I will let you guys know the outcome! Thanks again...

Did you win the 50 packs? It would be nice to know what was on them but I wasn't tempted enough to pay the price they sold for. I have been burned too many times with these. Looks like this is just one more set I will come up short of a master set.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I pulled this Foxface -

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
quote:
Originally posted by Evolucion:

Did you win the 50 packs? It would be nice to know what was on them but I wasn't tempted enough to pay the price they sold for. I have been burned too many times with these. Looks like this is just one more set I will come up short of a master set.

I bought the 50 packs. but I am selling the sets at NYCC so its not really a big stretch for me.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am starting to think that the A1 and (if they exist) the A3, A4, and A8 are definitely short printed. It would be nice to know so we'd know how much to pay/bid if the oppurtunity ever came up. I'd be willing to bid a lot more for a card where say 10 were signed as opposed to if 150 were signed. But NECA doesn't even seem willing to release the autograph checklist so we can forget about ever knowing the print runs. I still think that the A3, A4, and A8 are out there (and my guess is A3 is Gale, A4 is Rue and A8 is Cato -- if you look at how they are numbered it would fit, Gale right behind Katniss and Peeta, Rue in front of Thresh; although A4 can be Prim instead, and Cato in with the other careers.) On Walmarts own website promoting these it said "Random packs will include an autographed card from one of the cast members including Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson." So you would think that Gale has to be out there somewhere as his name was included in the promotion. I still have faith these missing ones are out there, most likely they're just short printed.