Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    HUNGER GAMES PROMO CARDS W/ AUTOGRAPHS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUNGER GAMES PROMO CARDS W/ AUTOGRAPHS
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I don't think NECA has that information, when NSU spoke to a source from NECA for the blog I was led to believe that although NECA produced ths cards, they went to Lions Gate who coordinated the promotion with Wal-Mart, so it would seem Lions Gate received the cards from NECA and then obtained the autographs, so we may never know exactly what is out there.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Logan, the A1 exists. A scan was posted above.

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Logan, the A1 exists. A scan was posted above.

Yes I know. I meant if A3, A4 and A8 exist.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For those still chasing this autograph set I can confirm that one of the missing 3 from the checklist is Alexander Ludwig as Cato. I just bought one and will post back with the card # as soon as I have it in hand. Here's a scan of the front of the card:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking about this set today and wondering if any of the other cards had turned up. Someday maybe we will know all of the cards Wink

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you gotten the card yet Logan? Just wondering what number it is.

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
For those still chasing this autograph set I can confirm that one of the missing 3 from the checklist is Alexander Ludwig as Cato. I just bought one and will post back with the card # as soon as I have it in hand. Here's a scan of the front of the card:

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Bacall1:

Have you gotten the card yet Logan? Just wondering what number it is.

Oh yes. I'm sorry I forgot to give the number. It's A8. I would be willing to bet that A3 is Liam Hemsworth/Gale and A4 is Amandla Stenberg/Rue. That would be the exact 10 actors who signed the Target exclusive lithograph that came out the same time these did. I'm not sure if we've seen enough of them to make a judgement on rarity but to me it seems Foxface, Peeta, and Clove have shown up much more often than Thresh, Glimmer, and Marvel. And then you have Katniss and Cato who have turned up once each, with (presumably) Rue and Gale not showing up at all yet. I would love to know the print runs but sadly I doubt we'll ever know more about these than we do right now.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Josh Hutcherson/Peeta autograph card and I'm looking for some opinions about it. I am convinced this card was actually signed by Jennifer Lawrence. The first pic below is the card I just bought, underneath it is the Jennifer Lawrence autograph, and the 2 pics underneath that are other examples of Josh Hutcherson's card. Notice how the "J" is written on my Peeta and the Katniss card? They're identical. It's like she wrote "JL" on her card and "JH" on his. Not to mention it looks nothing like his legitimate signature. I had to buy it as soon as I saw it as I thought it could be 1 of a kind. I would imagine they probably all signed these cards together so I can see her signing one of his cards just for fun. Any thoughts?

My card:

Jennifer Lawrence card:

Josh Hutcherson cards:

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You could be right but how anyone can class those couldn't care less scrawls as autographs is totally beyond me. Having said that i have seen worse on pack inserted cards.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over 300 packs later. I pulled one autograph of Thresh. Watch who you buy these from. An opened pack is just too tempting. I bought like 75 UNOPENED packs from a guy who actually opened them and pulled the auto. Bum deal.

To trade: 82, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94,96, 97, 98, 99, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105

Need: 83, 87,100

Elephant

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 11 | Location: newland | Registered: February 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought like 75 UNOPENED packs from a guy who actually opened them and pulled the auto. Bum deal.

Rose - Welcome to Card Talk. How did you buy unopened packs from a guy who actually opened them?

Posts: 12151 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I paid for 75 unopened packs but when I received them about a dozen packs were opened. The cards were put back in the packs. But one pack only had 5 cards instead of 6. Now why would just one card be missing??

Twak

Posts: 11 | Location: newland | Registered: February 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know this post died down some time ago but I'm new to collecting Hunger Games trading cards. Can anyone give me advice as to where I can look to purchase some of the Walmart exclusive trading cards? I already tried eBay and let's just say I overpaid for a few of these cards. Sadly, it was the only listing I found.

Posts: 1 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lalashi485:
I know this post died down some time ago but I'm new to collecting Hunger Games trading cards. Can anyone give me advice as to where I can look to purchase some of the Walmart exclusive trading cards? I already tried eBay and let's just say I overpaid for a few of these cards. Sadly, it was the only listing I found.

I search all the time for those on eBay and have seen only a few stray packs turn up over the last year or so. Aside from eBay I don't know of anywhere else to find them. I've asked several dealers at the Philly shows too but to no avail. They are rarer than rare. Sorry I can't be more help.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is only one listing on ebay at the moment. As Logan said very hard to find unopened packs and even then they are likely to contain only base cards.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have all 10 of the autos been confirmed ? Has anyone actually seen all of them ? I thought that there was still 1 which had not turned up

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Have all 10 of the autos been confirmed ? Has anyone actually seen all of them ? I thought that there was still 1 which had not turned up

I don't know if the 10 have ever been officially "confirmed". Liam Hemsworth/Gale was mentioned in the ad for these by Walmart when they came out so I assume he is A3. A3 and A4 (presumably Rue) are the only 2 I have never seen or know of being pulled. I think we're all pretty much assuming those are the 10 because they would be the same 10 that signed the Target exclusive lithographs around the same time. Plus on Allender's checklist site he has A3 as Gale and A4 as Rue. I would love to know if anyone has ever seen them though. I can't help but think, where are all these autographs? Everyone I ask keeps telling me, "well, they're probably in 13 year old girls' rooms thrown in a dresser drawer". I find it hard to believe that all of these are in non-collectors hands. But if not, wouldn't more have turned up on eBay by now? I did get a hold of NECA through eBay and asked them if they had any stock of these (autograph cards specifically) in a warehouse or back room somewhere just waiting to be released and they said no. So then, how many did each actor sign? 100 cards? 50 cards? or did some really sign only 1 or 2 cards? Maybe I should've asked NECA then but I doubt I would've got an answer to that one. It's fascinating and maddening.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have a Hutcherson if interested?

Posts: 1 | Location: Baytown, Texas | Registered: March 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought 35 unopened packs from a seller on eBay. I have had 7 of the 10 autographs in my collection (currently have 6). I sold the only Lawrence I have ever seen because demand was high and I didn't really know how many were out there. I knew the odds were slim I could ever find all 10 autographs. I wish I had it back, but not at the amount the new owner keeps listing it for on eBay. I will post if I miraculously pull one of the autographs. Unopened packs seldom come available so I had to take a chance.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No more autographs in my 35 packs. I have a favor to ask from member Logan. Could you post a pic of the front and back of the Cato card you have. If I can't own all of them I would at least like to have a scan. Your profile does not have an email so I am trying this way.