Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    HUNGER GAMES PROMO CARDS W/ AUTOGRAPHS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUNGER GAMES PROMO CARDS W/ AUTOGRAPHS
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MvG:
Thanks! Awesome cards, congratz Thumb Up

Thanks! Hoping to get my 6th card tonight and that will leave me needing Thresh, Gale and whoever else that is in the series that I haven't seen yet.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
When I went to the midnight opening, it was 90% teenage girls. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the vast majority of these cards never turn up, and are just sitting in someone's room until they move on to the next thing. I would also be very surprised if two of the cards we haven't seen turn up yet don't end up being Primrose Everdeen and Rue, since those two actresses seem to be doing a lot of promotion for the film.

I have tried to win auctions for some packs on eBay but everyone bidding against me has very deep pockets! I guess the odds are not ever in my favor. I do have the original 72 card base set, so at the very least I would like to get the base cards when I can find them for a reasonable price.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ricrod:
I do still need these: #99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104

If I have anything on my web site you need or if you want any of the singles I have (85, 86, 87(2), 88(2), 89(2), 90(2), 91, 92(2), 93, 94, 95, 96

Hey,
I didn't take a look at your trade list but I don't mind just giving them to you. I don't have any need for them since I am unlikely to buy any more of the unopened packs. I still have 3 sets and will probably sell or trade at least 1 of those at some point. Just send me your address and I will try to get them out to you on Tuesday.

Just let me know, my link to my trade site is in my sig, thank you...

quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
quote:
quote:
I am sure the Peeta autograph will still be expensive but I will try to win the one at auction right now. I couldn't belive the Lawrence went for $500. I doubt she signed many so it will probably be quite expensive to obtain one going forward. If you happen to need a set of the 24 cards let me know. I am sure I will make more than 1 set with 24 packs. I bought a box of the hunger games trading cards So I guess all I will need are the soundtrack cards.

You can still pick up the soundtrack cards at walmart, wife just got one since now she wants the sets. It was $15.88, just make sure you get the one with the cards in it, there are three different soundtracks but only one with the cards. If you do get extra base cards once you open your packs I would love to trade for the last six I need, I do have extra base ones...

Thanks for the info. I ordered the deluxe soundtrack on Amazon and am hopeful that is the one. It didn't say anything about cards but it seems to be the most likely to have them. I ended up with 3 base sets and a bunch of extras of the first 12 cards. I was 6 cards short of a 4th set, but if you need those 6 cards you listed above you are welcome to them. I certainly don't need 4 sets any more than I need 3. I am just happy to have pulled an autograph in my packs. That puts me a 5 after purchasing the Peeta. Thresh & Marvel are the only other ones I know of for sure, although Gale is a strong possibility unless it is an autograph set consisting only of tributes.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
When I went to the midnight opening, it was 90% teenage girls. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the vast majority of these cards never turn up, and are just sitting in someone's room until they move on to the next thing. I would also be very surprised if two of the cards we haven't seen turn up yet don't end up being Primrose Everdeen and Rue, since those two actresses seem to be doing a lot of promotion for the film.

I have tried to win auctions for some packs on eBay but everyone bidding against me has very deep pockets! I guess the odds are not ever in my favor. I do have the original 72 card base set, so at the very least I would like to get the base cards when I can find them for a reasonable price.

If that is the case then the Gale card may never show up. The only chance to get these otherwise is to take a chance at unopened packs, but the odds are certainly not in your favor. I was surprised I found one in my packs given the 1 in 50 odds. With packs running close to $10 each it makes it a big time gamble. I would say you are right about Rue and Primrose. With cards numbered to at least 10 there might not be any othe signers besides the ones known already and those 2 and Gale. I do hope they show up. I haven't seen any info on these from NECA or any breakdown on numbers signed. It seems that Cato would have an autograph card as well.
I do have a couple of extra sets of these cards if you need one. I really only need 1. I'm still kicking myself over not bidding on the Thresh autograph. I hadn't talked myself into tying for this set until I got the Lawrence. I figured that would be the one I would never find.

Picture of ricrod
posted Hide Post
NECA still never sent a reply to me asking the odds, who signed etc., so much for customer support.
I did just sent you an email on the cards and need to send you one more.

quote:
quote:

If that is the case then the Gale card may never show up. The only chance to get these otherwise is to take a chance at unopened packs, but the odds are certainly not in your favor. I was surprised I found one in my packs given the 1 in 50 odds. With packs running close to $10 each it makes it a big time gamble. I would say you are right about Rue and Primrose. With cards numbered to at least 10 there might not be any othe signers besides the ones known already and those 2 and Gale. I do hope they show up. I haven't seen any info on these from NECA or any breakdown on numbers signed. It seems that Cato would have an autograph card as well.
I do have a couple of extra sets of these cards if you need one. I really only need 1. I'm still kicking myself over not bidding on the Thresh autograph. I hadn't talked myself into tying for this set until I got the Lawrence. I figured that would be the one I would never find.

Posts: 26 | Location: McKinney, TX, USA | Registered: November 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip on the Thresh. I now have the only 7 I have seen images of. I wish NECA would release some info on the set. It doesn't seem like they are in any hurry. I would at least like to know how many I still need. At least when I get the Thresh I will be able to fill in another card number on the checklist.

quote:
NECA still never sent a reply to me asking the odds, who signed etc., so much for customer support.
I did just sent you an email on the cards and need to send you one more.

quote:
quote:

posted Hide Post
A5 can now be confirmed as Thresh
quote:
Still nothing back from them on a checklist, just like you have here is what I see so far...

A1 Jennifer Lawrence - Katniss Everdeen
A2 Josh Hutcherson - Peeta Mellark
A3 Liam Hemsworth - Gale
A4
A5 Dayo Okeniyi - Thresh
A6 Jacqueline Emerson - Foxface
A7 Isabelle Fuhrman - Clove
A8
A9 Jack Quaid - Marvel
A10 Leven Ramblin - Glimmer
A11
A12

Dayo Okeniyi - Thresh #??

Picture of ricrod
posted Hide Post
Still no idea on the last two? I have kind of been watching for them just to see and to send you the links if I do. I would like to see you finish the set and post a picture once it is complete!

A1 Jennifer Lawrence - Katniss Everdeen
A2 Josh Hutcherson - Peeta Mellark
A3 Liam Hemsworth - Gale
A4
A5 Dayo Okeniyi - Thresh
A6 Jacqueline Emerson - Foxface
A7 Isabelle Fuhrman - Clove
A8
A9 Jack Quaid - Marvel
A10 Leven Ramblin - Glimmer

Posts: 26 | Location: McKinney, TX, USA | Registered: November 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Man its so hard to search for these on ebay.

A. dont know what to look for
B. No one seems to be selling what they have pulled.
C. I think people who did get the packs probably didn't even notice one of them were signed.

I have A2, A6,A7 and A9 and A10. Who knows if there is a A3, A4 or A8 going to be released in these packs and maybe they were going to be held for the next box release.

Signed note - Target was selling a cast signed Lithograph by 10 of the actors, limited to only 100.

My guess is that Neca/Walmart got a deal for the cast to sign the cards and Target got them to sign the Lithograph. as part of a exclusives deal worked out with Lions gate for midnight releases. If what I think holds true there could be 100 of each card A1-A10 in the packs. for a total of around 132,500 packs out in the world. That is equidistant to 5520 24 pack boxes and 460 12 box cases. Wal-mart has over 3800 stores in the US say only 25% had a release party. That means each store could have got half a case ( 150 packs or so ) I have bought 150 packs from one guy alone in Texas. Said his son worked at a walmart and they just gave him a box, they didnt know what to do with them.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are right about how hard it is to find these. I hope there are only 10. Nice to hear about the lithograph. If we knew which 10 signed the lithograph it might be the same 10 that signed cards. Did you pack pull all of your autographed cards for this set? I hate taking a chance on smaller lots of packs. If I could find a lot of 50 to 100 packs it would be worth it to buy. As it is the single packs are high risk and at $10 or so a pack it isn't cost effective. I just wish more of these could get listed so I could at least have a chance at completing it. There must be huge amounts of these being sat on to sell later or in the stockroom of a walmart or there are a lot of hunger games fans who won't let them go. At this point even a complete checklist might be too much to expect. I know of another collector that will have about 200 packs to open so hopefully he will be able to fill in some gaps in the checklist after opening.
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
Man its so hard to search for these on ebay.

A. dont know what to look for
B. No one seems to be selling what they have pulled.
C. I think people who did get the packs probably didn't even notice one of them were signed.

I have A2, A6,A7 and A9 and A10. Who knows if there is a A3, A4 or A8 going to be released in these packs and maybe they were going to be held for the next box release.

Signed note - Target was selling a cast signed Lithograph by 10 of the actors, limited to only 100.

My guess is that Neca/Walmart got a deal for the cast to sign the cards and Target got them to sign the Lithograph. as part of a exclusives deal worked out with Lions gate for midnight releases. If what I think holds true there could be 100 of each card A1-A10 in the packs. for a total of around 132,500 packs out in the world. That is equidistant to 5520 24 pack boxes and 460 12 box cases. Wal-mart has over 3800 stores in the US say only 25% had a release party. That means each store could have got half a case ( 150 packs or so ) I have bought 150 packs from one guy alone in Texas. Said his son worked at a walmart and they just gave him a box, they didnt know what to do with them.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I have called a few of the area Walmarts to ask if they have any cards left, and they all seem to think I am insane for asking about them. Literally, the response that I got every time was shocked silence followed by some variation of 'if we did, I have no idea where they would be...'

It's become a bit of an obsession for me to actually try and track these down, but other than stumbling onto pulling a Josh Hutcherson, I haven't even come close.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW I never knew about these until right now. I'm in the process of reading the books and I would love to get a Jennifer Lawrence autograph (if I can ever find one). Something else for me to keep an eye out for at the Allentown show....

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After opening enough packs to build 16 sets and accumulate almost 150 extras I have still been unable to obtain more than the 7 autographs I already had. Has anyone else out there seen any of the other possible signers out there? I would love to finish this set but don't know if I can keep on buying packs in hopes I can get cards I am not even sure exist. I don't know if NECA has released any info on this release, but I have yet to see any. If anyone else out there is building this set I would love to hear if they are pulling autographs. I have only pulled 3 in all the packs I have opened.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any of the other 3 turn up anywhere either but I wouldn't give up hope of them existing. If not for the one Jennifer Lawrence that turned up on eBay we'd be questioning the existence of that one too. I think the main problem is there's a a lot of these in the hands of non-collectors who don't even realize what they have. Or they're still sitting in sealed packs. I just dropped $125 on 25 packs and I'm scared to death of opening them and getting no autograph. If I don't get one I won't be buying any more unless they come down to $2 a pack or so. It's just too risky at $5-$10 a pack. I e-mailed NECA also looking for an autograph checklist and got no response.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I just finished opening the 25 packs I've been holding on to and in the second to last pack I pulled a Thresh autograph. The bad news is though the top left corner was pretty badly damaged. Shake Head I think I'm done buying packs for now and I'm just going to wait for the ones I really want to eventually turn up for sale.

posted Hide Post
Nice job on the Thresh. Too bad it was damaged. I opened over 50 packs this week and didn't get an autograph. It is hard to justify the $5 to $10 pack price when autographs are so scarce and sets aren't worth that much. I will bid on the big lot listed now and after that I am through with packs unless I can get a really good deal on some. I just wish NECA would give some answers on this. If I knew there were no other autos out there that I need I could save myself a lot of money buying packs.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have opened about 250-300 packs and only have the same as you Bacall (minus the Jen card)

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Neca was able to get a whole pile of these signed and will include them in a future Hunger Games release. . .

I over paid for a few packs that should be here soon. . . hopefully I pull something cool. . .

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have only opened around 100 packs so I am a bit behind. I wish you better luck than I have had lately on these packs webjon. Still debating how badly I want to open any more of these. There are probably thousands of these packs out there that haven't shown up. I would prefer to just buy them than to risk my awful luck with unopened packs.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would prefer to just buy them than to risk my awful luck with unopened packs.

That's my attitude now also. Every time I think I'll never find such and such card, one always pops up. If the cards exist, the people who have them will eventually see dollar signs and sell. Patience is the key.