Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
HUNGER GAMES PROMO CARDS W/ AUTOGRAPHS

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/6687012326

August 19, 2012, 05:35 PM
ricrod
HUNGER GAMES PROMO CARDS W/ AUTOGRAPHS
I picked up a couple more packs to try and build the set for my wife but I am missing cards #99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104
I have extras to trade if any one has the ones I need...Still no info from NECA on print runs or anything....

August 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Batman, I like your daughter's Tilly shirt on the blog post. Thumb Up
August 21, 2012, 02:00 AM
Jason00
Someone (not me) has posted Josh Hutcherson and Jack Quaid autograph cards on eBay -- the Quaid is numbered A9.

Assuming that A1 is Jennifer Lawrence and A3 is Liam Hemsworth, if this is a 9 card set that still leaves two unknowns since I have seen autographs of Thresh, Foxface and Clove also turn up for auction. I wish I knew how to get more of the packs, but I called the only other Walmart within 25 miles of me that was listed as being part of the event and they don't have any remaining cards.

August 21, 2012, 05:24 PM
ricrod
Still nothing back from them on a checklist, just like you have here is what I see so far...

A1 Jennifer Lawrence - Katniss Everdeen
A2 Josh Hutcherson - Peeta Mellark
A3 Liam Hemsworth - Gale
A4
A5
A6 Jacqueline Emerson - Foxface
A7 Isabelle Fuhrman - Clove
A8
A9 Jack Quaid - Marvel
A10
A11
A12

Dayo Okeniyi - Thresh #??

August 21, 2012, 05:59 PM
Jake
are the wrappers labeled as a dvd promotion?

Would anyone really put it past NECA to release this as a Wal-Mart exclusive expansion set in gravity boxes after the fact?

August 21, 2012, 08:00 PM
ricrod
Here is a scan for you, they do not have a bar code so they will not be selling these at all and on the front it does have "only at walmart".....

August 22, 2012, 10:39 AM
Bacall1
This is definitely going to be an expensive set to collect. I have the A1, A6 & A7 autographs and have 24 unopened packs coming. It would be nice to get an autograph in those packs as well. I wonder if all the cards are from tributes or if they happened to get Woody or Elizabeth Banks to sign. It will be interesting to see who the other signers are.
August 22, 2012, 10:53 AM
MvG
So you can confirm that this A1 is indeed the A1 Jennifer Lawrence - Katniss Everdeen?

Do you have a picture perhaps?
August 22, 2012, 11:08 AM
Bacall1
quote:
Originally posted by MvG:
So you can confirm that this A1 is indeed the A1 Jennifer Lawrence - Katniss Everdeen?

Do you have a picture perhaps?

Can't confirm it yet but will post a scan once it arrives.
August 22, 2012, 12:09 PM
Jason00
Yeah, after seeing the Jennifer Lawrence autograph sell for $500, I am throwing the towel in on this set. I am happy with my Josh Hutcherson autograph (although the collector part of me can't help but be a little sad that I got the second best card instead of the actual best Smile) and maybe if the prices drop on the more common autographs I will try for one or two (I would love the Foxface autograph, and I wouldn't mind getting a Rue card if she is one of the mystery signers). I would have liked to complete the actual 24 card set, but since I never had the original base set or the 9 soundtrack cards, it's not a biggie.

August 22, 2012, 12:26 PM
Bacall1
I am sure the Peeta autograph will still be expensive but I will try to win the one at auction right now. I couldn't belive the Lawrence went for $500. I doubt she signed many so it will probably be quite expensive to obtain one going forward. If you happen to need a set of the 24 cards let me know. I am sure I will make more than 1 set with 24 packs. I bought a box of the hunger games trading cards So I guess all I will need are the soundtrack cards.
August 22, 2012, 06:29 PM
ricrod
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
I am sure the Peeta autograph will still be expensive but I will try to win the one at auction right now. I couldn't belive the Lawrence went for $500. I doubt she signed many so it will probably be quite expensive to obtain one going forward. If you happen to need a set of the 24 cards let me know. I am sure I will make more than 1 set with 24 packs. I bought a box of the hunger games trading cards So I guess all I will need are the soundtrack cards.

You can still pick up the soundtrack cards at walmart, wife just got one since now she wants the sets. It was $15.88, just make sure you get the one with the cards in it, there are three different soundtracks but only one with the cards. If you do get extra base cards once you open your packs I would love to trade for the last six I need, I do have extra base ones...

August 22, 2012, 08:34 PM
Bacall1
A10 is now confirmed as Glimmer. I pulled this one while opening some packs I won.
August 23, 2012, 07:20 AM
Bacall1
quote:
Originally posted by ricrod:
quote:

You can still pick up the soundtrack cards at walmart, wife just got one since now she wants the sets. It was $15.88, just make sure you get the one with the cards in it, there are three different soundtracks but only one with the cards. If you do get extra base cards once you open your packs I would love to trade for the last six I need, I do have extra base ones...

Thanks for the info. I ordered the deluxe soundtrack on Amazon and am hopeful that is the one. It didn't say anything about cards but it seems to be the most likely to have them. I ended up with 3 base sets and a bunch of extras of the first 12 cards. I was 6 cards short of a 4th set, but if you need those 6 cards you listed above you are welcome to them. I certainly don't need 4 sets any more than I need 3. I am just happy to have pulled an autograph in my packs. That puts me a 5 after purchasing the Peeta. Thresh & Marvel are the only other ones I know of for sure, although Gale is a strong possibility unless it is an autograph set consisting only of tributes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bacall1,
August 23, 2012, 10:45 PM
ricrod
I do still need these: #99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104

If I have anything on my web site you need or if you want any of the singles I have (85, 86, 87(2), 88(2), 89(2), 90(2), 91, 92(2), 93, 94, 95, 96

Just let me know, my link to my trade site is in my sig, thank you...

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ricrod:
quote:

Thanks for the info. I ordered the deluxe soundtrack on Amazon and am hopeful that is the one. It didn't say anything about cards but it seems to be the most likely to have them. I ended up with 3 base sets and a bunch of extras of the first 12 cards. I was 6 cards short of a 4th set, but if you need those 6 cards you listed above you are welcome to them. I certainly don't need 4 sets any more than I need 3. I am just happy to have pulled an autograph in my packs. That puts me a 5 after purchasing the Peeta. Thresh & Marvel are the only other ones I know of for sure, although Gale is a strong possibility unless it is an autograph set consisting only of tributes.

August 24, 2012, 02:14 AM
Jason00
quote:
A10 is now confirmed as Glimmer. I pulled this one while opening some packs I won.

Any chance you could post a pic? I still haven't seen this one show up on eBay.

I was watching some packs on eBay. There were 16 lots of 5 packs each from one seller. I woke up this morning and decided to buy one, and someone had purchased all 16 overnight. Ah well.

August 24, 2012, 05:50 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:

There were 16 lots of 5 packs each from one seller.

Which Walmart manager was selling these? Twak

August 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
Bacall1
Here are the images of the A1 Katniss Everdeen and A10 Glimmer.

August 25, 2012, 02:29 PM
MvG
Thanks! Awesome cards, congratz Thumb Up
August 25, 2012, 03:20 PM
Triple-Frog
Just a shame they could not have put some in the boxes Frown .I would have probably bought a case then.