Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Topps Books with Cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Books with Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have there been any more Marvel books with cards ?
Anything planned ?

Hard to tell from the Abrams website.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Did anyone pick up the X-Men book ?

I did receive it in my comic order.
It's an awesome book, very much in the style of the ones based on the vintage Topps cards.

Here's the four bonus cards.

One of them shows the 9 card "Danger Room" puzzle on a single card, while the other three present the complete Jim Lee gatefold cover from "X-Men #1" (Volume 2), which if I'm not mistaken remains the greatest selling single issue (albeit with 5 different covers, which greatly helped juice the numbers) of all time at something like 8 million copies sold.

At a minimum, there should be another book for the followup X-Men Series II Skybox set which was issued a year after the original set.

Hopefully, they'll tackle some of the other Impel/Fleer/Skybox superhero sets of the era in future books. I'm also hoping they're not totally finished with vintage Topps cards as subjects for this handy-dandy treatment.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This isn't by Topps, but it is sort of related to the discussion above.

A book celebrating the artwork of the 1992 Marvel Masterpieces set

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...r_new_friend_backing

And look who the creator is--FPG !

NOTE: THE LIMITED EDITION FOR $ 295.00 COMES WITH A 3-D BRONZE SPIDER MAN CARD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ordered the Jurassic book from Amazon and although it advertises the cards nothing was included. The X Men book had the cards

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post