Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Three Wizard World Philadelphia Exclusive Promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three Wizard World Philadelphia Exclusive Promos
 Login/Join

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:
They should correct it, and print more so more people can get one.

I like the fact that certain things are rare, it makes them special (yes, I'd feel this way even if I didn't already have one). The Topps "May the 4th" promo card had the makings of something really special, then every dealer that had leftovers dumped them and you pretty much can't give them away now.

If they correct it, and print them, then the error stays rare.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Glad this was finally cleared up. The NYC line up has people I already met so unless the line up gets more people in I may not be going which means like everyone else who can't make it, I will be looking for those cards. Still have the other 3 promos-even have 2 signed ones left of the STEAM WARS AND ROMPER ZOMBIE. If someone plans to go and wants me to hold these cards for them write me before they get posted for trade or sale.

quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Here's some more news on the rare Lindsay Lohan card. We asked Cardhacks why it was so limited.

More On The Rare Lindsay Lohan Machete Promo Card

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up the Lohan promo from someone and it is on the way. Unfortunately, it was not cheap. Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The one on ebay just sold for $200. Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

There was another one that someone got for the bargain price of $135 BIN Cool

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't know how much of a bargain it was since it has been lost in the mail.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:
quote:

I think it's a bit presumptuous to say it's lost in the mail since it's been a. less than a week since it was mailed, and b. the post office is investigating.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Didn't know that was yours John, sorry shouldn't have said anything. Good luck though, hopefully it shows up.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think it's a bit presumptuous to say it's lost in the mail since it's been a. less than a week since it was mailed, and b. the post office is investigating.

Last time I checked, I can presume anything I want. No forward movement in 5 days on a registered tracking number in my presumption is lost. No offence meant, Just frustration.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Believe me, John, I understand your frustration. I'm just as frustrated, for what it's worth.
Hopefully the post office will come through with some information shortly for us.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Believe me, John, I understand your frustration. I'm just as frustrated, for what it's worth.
Hopefully the post office will come through with some information shortly for us.

Well it turned up, still without being scanned anywhere by our wonderful Postal System. Thank you jane. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well it turned up, still without being scanned anywhere by our wonderful Postal System. Thank you jane. Big Grin

Glad we had a happy ending!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A third Lohan promo has appeared. Now I wonder if I overpaid ? Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
As I said on facebook who do you sue when loads of these turn up on ebay.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I won't get into specifics, but I can recall about 10 years ago, a company produced a 50 card set and represented that only 100 promos existed for each card. People were paying fortunes for this very desirable promo set, as it appeared that only 500 sets existed. When it became obvious that there were MANY more, a particular individual actually threatened to sue the company for misrepresentation, and the company made it up to him. I can't say anymore.