Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Three Wizard World Philadelphia Exclusive Promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Three Wizard World Philadelphia Exclusive Promos
 Login/Join
 
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We have a story on the blog this afternoon about three promo cards that will be available exclusively at Wizard World Philly, for any of you lucky enough to be able to attend:

Some Very Cool (and Very Limited) Promo Cards Being Given Away at Wizard World This Weekend
  • Machete
  • Steam Wars
  • Romper Zombie
You might want to check out the story anyway as these might be on your want list, even if you can't make the show.
 
Posts: 12974 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great stuff. Love Machete. Thumb Up

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 28833 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I think I have to start going to this.
But at least my brother McCheese is down there.
Dance

____________________
"A man has got to know his limitations."
 
Posts: 1318 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up
 
Posts: 12086 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen the Steam Wars card ? A friend told me that he went to the table, but they didn't have any

If anyone has an extra, please let me know !
 
Posts: 4585 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I can confirm the Steam Wars exist. I have one. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra though.

Of the four cards I wrote about, the Romper Zombie ones were the easiest to get. The funny thing was - when we were there, it was harder to get an unsigned one then a signed one.
 
Posts: 12974 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I have an unsigned one. The guy handing them out had them in his pocket, so mine WAS bent.
Fortunately, I was able to exchange it later. I will make a trade list tomorrow.

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

 
Posts: 3136 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was lucky enough to get a couple extras of all 3 + a number of other unusual things. Always happy to trade for unusual stuff. Getting these cards was a pain. Most were in the GEEK ROOM which was only for VIP's Every once in a while they let non VIP's in. There was no schedule on this but it was closed more than it was open. Have most of these cards signed as well. Looking for a good connection to other Wizard Cons and San Diego con.

quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
We have a story on the blog this afternoon about three promo cards that will be available exclusively at Wizard World Philly, for any of you lucky enough to be able to attend:

Some Very Cool (and Very Limited) Promo Cards Being Given Away at Wizard World This Weekend
  • Machete
  • Steam Wars
  • Romper Zombie
You might want to check out the story anyway as these might be on your want list, even if you can't make the show.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,
 
Posts: 957 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Frank, can you help your fellow NJ collector with the Steam Wars ?

Please post here, or email me at mistermycroft@msn.com

Thanks !
David
 
Posts: 4585 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris, you said four. Did you mean three ?
 
Posts: 4585 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, there are 4 EXCLUSIVES but the Lohan card was so limited they were the hardest to get. It looks like some people did. There was also other promos at the show-new PHIL series 3- W/MODERN FAMILY, BIG BANG, 501 legion cards + STICKERS, a number of artist cards, 258 CARDS, BETTIE PAGE PROMO STICKER, ROMANCE TRADING CARD PROMOS and lots of post cards.
Not a bad show. Too many people on Sat and autograph prices are so out of hand pretty soon I won't even be able to get them. There were even buckets to donate to charity at nearly every artist table. I am not in great financial shape right now so when an artist asks me to donate money to sign my book I really can't. (Admission, tolls, parking, gas-ALL ADDS UP)
People do have lots of cash there as lines for photo ops and signatures for most guests was never ending. I could not even get Summer Glau as in the morning it was VIP's ONLY and I got chased off the line twice in the afternoon as it was too long. They eventually passed out numbers which I kept missing. OH WELL, SHE'S YOUNG-I'll see her sooner or later. I just hope by that time I don't have to sell my entire collection to get a signature.

Can someone at SIDEKICK tell us how many Lohan cards were made?

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Harris, you said four. Did you mean three ?
 
Posts: 957 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Reply sent.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Frank, can you help your fellow NJ collector with the Steam Wars ?

Please post here, or email me at mistermycroft@msn.com

Thanks !
David
 
Posts: 957 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
No, there are 4 EXCLUSIVES but the Lohan card was so limited they were the hardest to get. It looks like some people did. There was also other promos at the show-new PHIL series 3- W/MODERN FAMILY, BIG BANG, 501 legion cards + STICKERS, a number of artist cards, 258 CARDS, BETTIE PAGE PROMO STICKER, ROMANCE TRADING CARD PROMOS and lots of post cards.
Not a bad show. Too many people on Sat and autograph prices are so out of hand pretty soon I won't even be able to get them. There were even buckets to donate to charity at nearly every artist table. I am not in great financial shape right now so when an artist asks me to donate money to sign my book I really can't. (Admission, tolls, parking, gas-ALL ADDS UP)
People do have lots of cash there as lines for photo ops and signatures for most guests was never ending. I could not even get Summer Glau as in the morning it was VIP's ONLY and I got chased off the line twice in the afternoon as it was too long. They eventually passed out numbers which I kept missing. OH WELL, SHE'S YOUNG-I'll see her sooner or later. I just hope by that time I don't have to sell my entire collection to get a signature.

Can someone at SIDEKICK tell us how many Lohan cards were made?



quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Harris, you said four. Did you mean three ?


Apparently they handed out 20, per their Facebook post. However, I saw 3 or 4 displayed in Artwork, so there may have been as few as 16 or 17.

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

 
Posts: 3136 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How was it determined how the Lohan card was handed out ? Did anyone here on the page, aside from Harris, get one ? Just curious.
 
Posts: 4585 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's some more news on the rare Lindsay Lohan card. We asked Cardhacks why it was so limited.

More On The Rare Lindsay Lohan Machete Promo Card
 
Posts: 12974 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up
 
Posts: 12086 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
They should correct it, and print more so more people can get one.
 
Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:
They should correct it, and print more so more people can get one.

I like the fact that certain things are rare, it makes them special (yes, I'd feel this way even if I didn't already have one). The Topps "May the 4th" promo card had the makings of something really special, then every dealer that had leftovers dumped them and you pretty much can't give them away now.
 
Posts: 1477 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Ted, you wouldn't feel that way if you were a die hard completionist! I used to be but over time have calmed that need down! Smile

Maybe in a year or 2 that Lohan promo will be in your bargain/trade box???? Smile

Mike.
 
Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Ted, you wouldn't feel that way if you were a die hard completionist! I used to be but over time have calmed that need down! Smile

Maybe in a year or 2 that Lohan promo will be in your bargain/trade box???? Smile

Mike.

Sure I would! The thrill of the hunt is what makes collecting fun. If I could just have everything handed to me, it would get boring.

I know exactly what card it would be next to in my box... Wink
 
Posts: 1477 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Three Wizard World Philadelphia Exclusive Promos

© Non-Sport Update 2013