Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Wars Jedi Legacy (Topps) ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Jedi Legacy (Topps) ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
So P5 was at Philly. Where are P1-P4 ? Isn't this card set coming out this month ? So where are the other promos ?

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Topps, promos P1-P4 will be in the Star Wars Insider magazine released in June. There will be 2 promos per issue, so you'll need to buy two copies to get all 4.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If that is correct then a big Thumb Up for the promos in the magazine and a big Twak for making people buy 2 copies of the same mag.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As soon as I read the above this morning, I called my local comic store to ask him to order a few copies of the Insider. Unfortunately, he told me that Diamond (the main comic distributor here in the U.S.) was sold out. So I guess I'll have to rely on ebay come June. Frown This is not a magazine that most stores carry, where you can walk in off the street and buy it off the rack.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You should check out your local Barnes & Noble or Books A Million or even your local smoke shop which sometimes carry a wide selection of magazines.

Posts: 4393 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I've seen it in stores, and not near a major city.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing these will not be in the UK issue of Insider, if that be the case I would be looking for a set of the 4 promos, if any kind sole out there is willing to help please post here Wink

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like 2 will come in the newsstand version (you get both in one copy) and 2 in the subscribers version

They're all shipping in June, and both versions can be ordered directly from at least one source, but I've noticed that this source lists a shipping time of up to TWO MONTHS !!!

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and ordered a pair, easy enough, a little higher than cover price I think, but free shipping at least. Once you've entered your payment information, you get sent to a confirmation screen, but I didn't receive any email confirmation, not immediately anyway. Maybe I'll get one when the order is actually processed. Hopefully they won't bend the heck out of them in the mail.

I ordered them today, June 3rd, so we'll see what the actual shipping time is. I'll report that as well as the condition they arrive in when the time comes.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From looking around, it appears the the subscribers' version is already "out there", as people have them for sale, with the promos

I hope we get ours before August, when the NEXT Star Wars set comes out !

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen P2 and P3

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
The Insider issue is now out and about on the racks. My copy had the two Vader cards inside.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
In all of Rhode Island only one {not that there are a lot} Comic Book store carried the Luke cover. And I was fortunate enough to score a copy of it. As for the RED Padme' cover, sold at newsstands, I couldn't find that one anywhere in little Rhodey. I looked in grocery stores, Pharmacies {CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens}, and since Borders is gone, we only have Barnes & Nobles and my local stores doesn't even carry that mag.
Fortunately, my brother found two Padme' covers in his hometown, in Connecticut. Woo hoo
Dance
Thanks Tom.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
In Paris (France), both the Luke cover and the Padmé cover have the same promo inside : P1 & P4. Shake Head
If someone have a spare P2 & P3 and need the other 2, send me an email (I can have quite a few of those).

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chesspiece, have you or anyone else received your magazines from that site mentioned above ? Last week, they actually called my house and asked me to confirm if I truly wanted multiple copies of each. They could not understand why. Nothing has come yet. I think it is a better deal than buying promos P1-P4 from the auctions where people are asking $40 a pair

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I haven't gotten them yet. They also call me to make sure the order was correct, because I ordered a bunch.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I called the number this afternoon and spoke to the rep. They confirmed that yes, they are on the way, and yes, they DO come bagged with the cards. However, they won't be in my hands for another 5 weeks. Frown

I still think this is a better deal-- $10 a magazine-- than paying $ 40 for a PAIR of promos on ebay !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was actually waiting to report on this until the matter was totally completed, but I received the envelope (magazine size tyvek) from Illinois with the Two copies of the magazine in it on Monday, so 3 weeks to the day I ordered, not bad given the estimate.

It is the Padme cover with just the magazine logo and no other type on it, so it's a big picture of Natalie Portman in the torn white outfit, almost like a mini poster in that way. This is the subscriber edition, so I'm pretty sure it's the only one you can get through this offer. It comes in a clear plastic bag with nothing on it. It also has a white piece of tagboard in it indicating maybe these copies were intended for Canada? (you'll know what I mean when you see it).

The same Portman cover but with cover type and a plastic bag that has printed words on it indicating the cards are inside is the newsstand edition.

Finally, the illustrated Luke Skywalker cover is the Previews exclusive edition meaning it could be advanced ordered through Diamond Previews or else found in many comic shops, most of whom get their stock from the Previews catalog. I don't know if those are bagged in the printed bag or the clear one as with the subscriber edition.

I'm pretty sure either of the two packs could be in any of the three versions of the magazine.

As for the cards in the subscriber edition, they are happily sealed in a 2 card packet which helps prevent them from wear and tear, which is especially important given that the magazines are sent without a backing board in envelopes that are also not marked DO NOT BEND or DO NOT FOLD, which means if the postal worker folds your mail to get it through your door slot, in your mail box, or in your PO Box (as is the case with mine), disaster could ensue.

I didn't unwrap mine from the plastic yet, but the ONE pack I got, the Vader pack, seems to have cards that are in nice shape.

Unfortunately for me, one of my bags did not have a packet of cards in it, although the clear bag around it appeared to still be sealed, so it was likely a packing error. I contacted the representative immediately and told her the problem and she seemed to understand exactly what I was talking about, making a note that I was lacking the "Luke" packet of cards and promising to send that along.

She seemed very friendly and competent so I have no doubt I will receive them soon at which point I will be very pleased instead of partially pleased which I am now and will report that in this space.

Since she did seem to appreciate the collector aspect of the trading cards, I also took the opportunity to let her know in lieu of the ideal backing board that would protect the magazine (and any future inserts in it) from damage in the mail but could be more expensive for the company to ship, that the words DO NOT FOLD on the outside of the envelope could prevent a lot of future trouble without increasing the company's shipping cost at all.

As for the current price of these cards on Ebay, I certainly would not pay it. I saw one buyer snap up 15 copies of the magazine with the cards in short order at only $8 per issue, delivered and that's just one example of how many are out there or soon will be. These cards aren't what I'd call overproduced, but they are by no means "rare" either.

Finally, I hadn't read Star Wars Insider in a while, but looking at this one, it is still a great read, just lots of stuff inside for the Star Wars fan to enjoy. Titan puts together good magazines. They are offering a subscription now that comes with an exclusive Han Solo T-Shirt. I wonder if that subscription could begin with the current issue which would also net the new subscriber a packet of the cards? If so, it seems like maybe the packet of promos and the t-shirt could be sold off later allowing the person basically a free subscription. Something to think about, certainly...

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did receive a replacement issue as promised with the missing Luke set of cards, one week to the day I received the original package and made the call to customer service, so the whole thing took four weeks to the day I ordered to have the promo set in hand, which is why I ordered in the first place. Not bad.

The wrapper on the third magazine, the one I just received had been torn open to put the Luke pack of promos in, so I don't know if that was another one missing the promos that they had in stock, or else they replaced the Vader pack that had been with that magazine for some reason instead of just finding one that had the Luke pack. Whatever, I got what was promised, and while I didn't need another magazine, it did help to protect the cards inside the tyvek mailer they use, one which again should be printed with the DO NOT BEND. This one was again folded over to fit in my PO box, but again the cards were saved from damaged by coming in a clear cello pack as opposed to just being tossed loose into the bag. No creases and the corners look good, too.

All 3 of the magazines have the same Natalie Portman cover, the nice looking one with no cover copy obscuring the image. This one:

If any one wants to mail me a self addressed manila envelope with $2 in stamps with it (or on it), I can send you a free magazine, no cards obviously.

You can send the Manila envelope to me in a regular 45 cent long envelope, so you'd get the thing for about $2.50, not bad for this quality issue. I would make (or want) nothing on the deal obviously, but wouldn't mind sharing the extra magazine with someone who wants it, especially since it'd be pretty easy for me to just put it in an envelope you've already addressed and drop it in the mail slot.

I'll give away at least one, maybe both extras if there is sufficient interest. First come, first served. No international on this, sorry, shipping for up to 2 ounces is now almost $7, and this weighs more than that I'm pretty sure so it'd cost even more than $7, and wouldn't be worth it to send.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My copies came in the mail, with the 4 different promos. Everything was fine. So it took a little less than a month, for me.