Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    SUICIDE SQUAD PROMOS OR BOOTLEG?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SUICIDE SQUAD PROMOS OR BOOTLEG?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Saw a few SUICIDE SQUAD card sets up for sale on u know where. Are these bootlegs or legit? I know the masks/fans and the tattoo sheets are legit as I was at a con where the studio was promoting it.

If they are legit and someone has them for trade let me know.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There are many licensed cards showing comic characters of the villains/heroes in Suicide Squad/New 52 in past sets.

As far as I know, no company has said it had a license for the movie. The promo cards I've seen pop up have studio and DC copyrights indicated on the back. The backs of an 11 card "promo" set I saw are much more interesting then what is on the front. There is also a single "promo" card making the rounds.

Item descriptions don't really indicate the origin or source and many buyers don't seem to care anyway. Check the seller's other merchandise if you don't want to ask the obvious question. Big Grin

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Frank,

If you're talking about the 11 cards and the 1 card from a certain seller discussed below in the topic about the X-Files Revival promos, then there is some question about whether these are licensed or homemade

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One quick word about the cards. FAKE!

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevins:

Yea, I know now. Things are being done so well on the bootleg side now that I am sometimes tempted.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevins:

Yea, I know now. Things are being done so well on the bootleg side now that I am sometimes tempted.

Without commenting on any specific items, your observation has been true for literary decades. While most unlicensed cards are cheaply made and look it, there have always been some "Broders" that were very well done indeed.

However without a license any card is regarded as counterfeit and can have no official value. It may have a market price, people are always quick to say that, but that is not the same thing as true value. Unlicensed cards will never be worth more than you were willing to pay for them and when you go to sell them no knowledgeable collector wants them.

So you need not feel tempted to go to the dark side, there's nothing there. Big Grin

Posts: 10353 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post