Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Wars Illustrated (Topps)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Illustrated (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
There are 2 audio CDs of the 1980s radio show being released on Nov 6 by HighBridge. They come with an exclusive Topps card-- 2 different. Each CD sells for $ 29.95

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know anything about the promos for this set that are supposed to be exclusive to STar Wars Insider magazine # 144 ? These were advertised, but I see some of the mags on ebay. They don't seem to have cards in them

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I thought it was issue 145 which was going to have the cards and I don't think it is out yet.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
The cards are advertised for issue #145 which is due out in late October.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
OMG I was right. ( faints ) Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Star Wars Insider will be revealing their four Illustrated promos on their Facebook account next week. Also, Topps confirmed on Facebook that they will be distributed just like the Jedi Legacy promos were.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
P1 and P4 are in the subscribers issue.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Some of you may have this card already, but here is the reveal of the P-1 promo from theforce.net

http://www.theforce.net/story/...sider_145_154748.asp

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These magazines (both versions, to get all 4 promos) can be ordered from the same source that you could use to obtain the Jedi Legacy promos, earlier this summer. Worked for me last time !

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Here is the reveal of the P-3 promo from rebelscum.com

I don't know if/where the P-2 or P-4 have been revealed.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story...sider_145_154747.asp

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, there are 2 versions of the magazine. I can confirm that.

So it's probably like with the last Star Wars set that Topps did, 2 promos in the newsstand version, 2 promos in the subscribers version

Buy 1 copy of each, you get all 4 promos

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
Here is info and image of P-2:

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=13890

And here is P-4:

http://www.yodanews.com/

Scroll down for the news item "Star Wars Insider #145 Topps Special - YN Exclusive Reveal!" posted on October 15, 2013.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Thanks Andy. Those 2 sites aren't in the group of Star Wars fan sites I frequent.

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
The magazine hits shelves in North America next week. Subscribers are probably already starting to see it arrive in the mail.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Barnes & Noble told me the 22nd

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Got the cards today at Barnes & Noble. P1 & P4 were in one magazine and P2 & P3 in another magazine

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So two of the cards are not subscriber exclusive then if you got them all in the bookshop.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
That is correct. I bought two magazines. The cards are visible from the front packaging. B & N had three copies. Two had P1 visible and one had P2 visible.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ordered my mags directly from that source, that magazine distributor whose link people shared in another post.

My order arrived today and all was fine. I have to say, these came much quicker for me (less than a month) than the last SW Mag with the promo cards that they had, the one released early this summer

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I received my Light Side and Dark Side copies of the radio drama from Highbridge today. They were very well packaged in a bubble mailer. The CD's are packaged on a standard plastic CD mount with a cardboard outer case that unfolds to be three panels. The promo is cello packed and mounted on the center panel with booger glue (that's what my family always called it). It's a nice little display. The promos are numbered HB-1 and HB-2.

Kudos to Highbridge for packing the promo so it wouldn't receive any damage!