Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Monster Art of Mike Sosnowski
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monster Art of Mike Sosnowski
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone see the promos for this recent Studio E card set ? I've heard that there are 2 different ones, and that they were given out at the preview night at the San Diego Comic Con back in July. Also, it looks like they are randomly inserted in the factory sets of the cards. From what I can see, only 400 factory sets were made

I have NOT personally seen the promos...

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received an email from the company, Studio E

They claim that the 2 promos were never given out separately to anyone. (Are they true promos, then ?) Studio E says that the only way they were EVER available was to buy the factory set of cards

Each factory set supposedly has a base set plus EITHER 1 of the 6 chase cards OR 1 of the 2 promos

However, the factory sets were also made available a second way. Dealers were allowed to order a "case" of 4 sets; if you purchase this case (my phrase) of 4 factory sets, you get ALL 6 chase and the 2 promos with it. Looks like these cases are selling for $150.

Only 400 factory sets were made

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
David:

Just a quick FYI...We had this info on the NSU blog back in July along with some art images and some other things. Here the link:

Studio E's Mike Sosnowski Card Series to premier at Comic-Con

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dave, I bought the "master" factory set from my dealer, which as you said, consists of 4 sealed base sets

As David stated, if you buy 1 sealed base set, you get the basic set of 36 cards, plus random promos and chase cards

The chase cards say "Monster Chase 1", "Monster Chase 2," etc. on the backs and are not much different than the base set-- no enhancements, foil, or anything. There are 6 chase total

I also pulled 2 Mike Sosnowski auto cards and both promos, P1 and P2

However, if you purchase the "master set" of the 4 base sets sealed together, like I did, you should get all 6 chase and the 2 promos

A nice card set !

Posts: 4013 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post