Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    SDCC Official Promo Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC Official Promo Thread
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Chaos promo cards raised uv

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone else aside from the above with more recent promo card news - what happened to the blog with promo card updates started by Harris a few years ago - does not seem to be much FREE this year

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Upper Deck announced that Joe Jusko will be at their booth Friday and Saturday and will be signing a couple of Marvel Masterpieces prints. If this runs the way it did last year the prints are 8x10ish and there's a different one each day.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot get a reply from either Rittenhouse or Cryptozoic about promos at the SDCC this year.

The upper deck are replica prints of original card art drawn by Joe himself of Deadpool and Lady Sif

Posts: 157 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have information on the blog today about promos (plus convention packs and grab bags) available at MNS Cards booth at Comic Con:

MNS Cards at Comic Con

Mark will have four new promo cards for The Art of Robert Aragon.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Do we take it from that there was going to be a series 2 release and this has been shelved?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Do we take it from that there was going to be a series 2 release and this has been shelved?

Dunno, Wolfie. Based on the blog content, it sounds like maybe the base and chase cards (with the exception of two) are the same of those which were in the series one release?

Either way, the new autographs and prop cards sound cool. I would love to add a Donnie Dunagan auto to my collection and the dual prop card would be way cool! (although I'm sure those will all end up in the hands of someone with deep pockets and be held hostage at $$$ for the next several years, lol. Big Grin )

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And already, SDCC promos are for sale, you know where...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
And already, SDCC promos are for sale, you know where...

I can't see any and the sketch auctions are being removed.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The promos for a certain NBC horror show are still there. Several auctions

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
The promos for a certain NBC horror show are still there. Several auctions

I see one, and it's a pretty good buy IMO.
Better than I thought. Maybe I should have waited.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see a whole bunch if you search by SDCC and the name of the TV show

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see a whole bunch if you search by SDCC and the name of the TV show

I did. I forgot about the Grimm 5x7, but in my defense, I thought that was for the pack considering the price.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's some info about Upper Deck's plans for Comic Con, including Hello Kitty promo cards and oversized Marvel Masterpieces cards:

Upper Deck at Comic-Con

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there will be Ndbag and the Boogeyman cards, like there have been every year at SDCC since 2009

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Here's some info about Upper Deck's plans for Comic Con, including Hello Kitty promo cards and oversized Marvel Masterpieces cards:

Upper Deck at Comic-Con

Thanks for the heads-up, Harris. Love Hello Kitty. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Alright! SDCC is up and running at full speed! So here's our 2nd announcement with our Promotional event! Amongst the cards at the booths listed in the previous post, are 5 special cards! They have Julie's initials like in the 1st picture on the back of the card. If you get 1 of these cards, when you find us for our other cards be sure to show it to us! You will receive a FULL P1-P10 variant set that features these awesome scalloped corners! There's only 5 of these sets available like this! As of close of day #1, ALL 5 sets are available! So be sure to check them!

Pics are on our fb page Smile

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Alright! SDCC is up and running at full speed! So here's our 2nd announcement with our Promotional event! Amongst the cards at the booths listed in the previous post, are 5 special cards! They have Julie's initials like in the 1st picture on the back of the card. If you get 1 of these cards, when you find us for our other cards be sure to show it to us! You will receive a FULL P1-P10 variant set that features these awesome scalloped corners! There's only 5 of these sets available like this! As of close of day #1, ALL 5 sets are available! So be sure to check them!

Pics are on our fb page Smile

Hi Jake,

Tried emailing you a couple of days ago to get your contact info while at the show. Is the email address you have listed in your profile out of commission?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
It seems there is a promo from Rittenhouse at the show : Under the Dome P4 (seen on Ebay).

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are, indeed, 4 new Ndbag and the Boogeyman promos at booth 2103