Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    SDCC Official Promo Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC Official Promo Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I see now that this is the same as the one in NSU.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
You guys missed a lot. I missed the Upper Deck booth & some of the Benchwarmers.
Ace Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am looking for the 4 card Hello Kitty set by Upper Deck from the show. Anyone have these ?

Unfortunately the only ones I have seen up for auction are for crazy prices-- $ 80 to 99 for sets !!!

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In addition to the 12 Benchwarmers, there were 3 other BW autos (some unsigned apparently) not part of the 12 card set, but with the SDCC logos on them:

1- Raquel Pomplun
2- Malorie Mackey
3- Pamela Horton

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I am looking for the 4 card Hello Kitty set by Upper Deck from the show. Anyone have these ?

Unfortunately the only ones I have seen up for auction are for crazy prices-- $ 80 to 99 for sets !!!

They only sold a limited number each day and they were fast sellouts. It think it was 4 mini-figurines available separately, but with a bonus 5th glitter figurine if you bought all four collector packs.

In those packs with the mini-figurines were the 4 oversized cards (1 in each pack) and a total of either 16 or 24 regular sized cards (it was either 4 cards or 6 cards in each pack, I forget), so it ended up being a pretty good deal at $40 for the whole thing, which most buyers clearly agreed with since they sold so briskly.

They also had 10 numbered uncut sheets of the cards which they sold for $100. I saw someone buy one on Sunday.

Good luck on any of that stuff. People are crazy for that kitty!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not as crazy as the My Little Pony fans. I never even tried to chase after those promos that have come out over the past few years. So many con exclusives, many selling for $100-200 each. Impossible to get them all, unless you have a large wallet !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
hi
here is a near complete list of what we found on travels-excluding breygent-which i think is already well documented.
tom anglebergers star warss origami card set of 8 (2 sheets of 4)
septimus heap pathfinder 9 card sheet
tonner evangeline,wonder woman,catwoman
scorpion tv series set of 6
benchwarmer signing cards 1,2,3
panini drangonball z p1-p5
hannah lynn shadow card
duarte comedy mini cards 7 diff
scott harben 10 new cards 21-30
ndbag the boogeyman 2014 set of 4
geek a week no.38
cospaint series 2 p1
art of robert aragon p5-p9
topps mars invasion the war for earth 1 of 9-9 of 9
how to train your dragon 2
peanuts snoopy 1 of 6-6 of 6
endgame collector card packet
legendary encounters upper deck
belles war 1
belle 13 chambers 2a
neworld papers series 1
seth says seth on super heroes sdcc 2014
jeff kaufman 4 diff
gentle giant rocket raccoon guardians of the galaxy
marvel 75 p1
under the dome p4
mike carbo advert card
slam city wrestling 4 diff
infex sticker
garbage pail kids comic corner p1
elfandea
sho murase no.2
justin chung db3
teddy scares befriend my heart
bench warmers 12 promo cards

hope this helps
all the best
PAUL.

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Have following cards

Send me pm and when I respond send SASE w/ top loader. Only one card per person.

IDW AMERICA'S ARMY CAPTAIN CARL REED x 10

TOPPS Garbage Pail Kids Promo Cards P1 Comic Conner SDCC 2014 x 10

NL

Received the GPK promo yesterday, thanks so much!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On Justin Chung, he also had an oversized black and white card with the SDCC logo on it that was not sold, but given away, thus making it a promo

posted Hide Post
David R contact me I have a set of Hello Kitty

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sherlock, there is no email in your profile

Please contact me at mistermycroft@msn.com

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Paul,
How many of the cards from your list are oversized or post cards?
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Paul, what is the Peanuts 6 card set you have ?

I see on ebay a Belle (Snoopy's sister) puzzle set of 6, but I also see Charlie Brown and Linus cards

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
There were 2 different Elflandea promo cards.

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi
All cards i listed were standard size or
Smaller gavent even looked at others
Yet! Smile
Peanuts set done 1 or 2 a day at snoopy
Stand selling items.have #3-6 only
Also now found there were 10 back to the
Future promo cards numbered 89-98 in topps
Style promoting a book.

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Dragonball Z p5 is harder to find than the others

I see a lot of "sets" of P1-P4, few P5s

Anyone have an extra ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, much harder. P1-P4 were distributed at the Panini booth and were in steady supply all through the whole convention with scores of them being made available on Sunday.

The P-5 was only as the Funimation Booth which had a very well travelled spot right in the middle the hall. The lady there on Thursday was very nice and giving them to anyone passing by, even calling people over to give the card to, along with a Yu-Gi-Oh (I think) paper mask of some sort.

The next day I went, which was Sunday, she was still there (and still very happy). I asked her if she had any more of the cards, and she told me they ran out of them a good while ago.

The thing is, even if the five cards were printed in an even number, the Panini cards went mostly to people who would treat them as collectible cards so many more will hit the market, while the Funimation ones went to a much more general audience, at least some of whom would've just kept them for themselves, given them away, or tossed them out (meaning less of them for sale).

As for extras, I did have a couple of them, but don't anymore, sorry. A week or so after the show, the set of 1-4 was $10 (or less), while the P5 could sell for that much by itself. I haven't checked lately.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
There were lots of P5s even if some went to Funimation. Panini was holding P5s for Sunday.
If you went early enough there were plenty.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think this is on your list, but I've seen up for auction a Walking Dead holo card that says "Big Thing" on it, and is signed by Todd McFarlane of Spawn fame

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Plenty of the P5s or no, the card now sells for between $60 to $90 with plenty of sales at that price.
Here's one from recently (absolutely not mine, plus it's ended anyway), and it had three bidders for more than $55.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon...&hash=item2c91e290cf

The near sets of P1-$4 might sell for $10, but when the P5 is added to it, the value goes closer to $100. Wowzer.
The five cards may have been made in equal quantity, but this really illustrates the difference with what can happen when card collectors get most of the run of a promo card as was the case with the P1 through P4 while at least a portion, and I'd say a goodly portion, of the run of the P5 card from the same set were distributed to people with basically no interest in cards. Most of those P5 cards given away at the Funimation booth won't ever come up for sale while a much bigger percentage of the cards all available at the card company Panini booth (P1-P4) will be eventually sold online.

I'm glad we walked by the Funimation booth a couple of times on Thursday, and the second time only because we'd come back to get in line for the Orphan Black photo op which was at the BBCAmerica booth next to Funimation.

We got four of the P5 promos between us thanks to that and I was happy to get basically $10 each for them (paid for the parking for both days!) when I sold them the week after Comic Con. Heh, wish I'd held on to them though. They didn't take much space, and those four cards would easily net a cool $200+ between them today, just a little over 4 months later. The recent sales do not seem to be a fluke, there have been enough of them over this last month to make that clear.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,