Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2019 Promos ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone know what new promos will be at this month's SDCC ? Usually Cryptozoic has new cards there, but so far I have not seen any announcements.

A few months back they said that they'd have promo P05 on the upcoming CZX DC Heroes and Villains there. Maybe something for CZX Outlander, as well ? So far on the latter we've seen promos P1 to P5 in NSU and at prior 2019 shows.

I'm sure Topps will have new Star Wars cards at SDCC.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
According to the outlander checklist there is a P6 at San Diego

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And a SDCC1 promo for Steven Universe.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Rick and Morty as well, plus special convention packs for Outlander and Steven Universe, both which include autos.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Crypto sent out a new email which lists the following, in terms of promos:

CZX Outlander P6

CZX Outlander P8 (in the $ 50 pack, 299 made) No mention of a P7 promo anywhere

Rick and Morty Series 3 P1

CZX DC Heroes and Villains P5

Steven Universe SDCC1 will be in the $ 30 pack, limited to 200

DC Bombshells Series 3 P1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
CZX Outlander P8 (in the $ 50 pack, 299 made) No mention of a P7 promo anywhere

That $50 pack will also have 2 random promos, any between P1 - P5, previously distributed elsewhere and the big hit is an auto/relic card of Laura Donneley. When a promo stops being a promo, right? Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ndbag and the Boogeyman will have new cards, as he's had every single year at San Diego since 2009.

He's had 4 new cards every year, except the first year, when I believe he had just 2.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ndbag and the Boogeyman will have new cards, as he's had every single year at San Diego since 2009.

He's had 4 new cards every year, except the first year, when I believe he had just 2.

It was the second year (2010) where there were only two. Four for 2009.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Pretty poor pickens.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like maybe 2 new Garbage Pail Kids

Steven Universe P7 by Crypto

Star Wars Power of the Dark Side card SDCC-26; back says to look for all 25 cards in the set. Anyone have info on what these are ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Topps also had 5 more cards (#6-10) that were a continuation of the first 5 from the Star Wars Celebration show back in April. There will be 15 cards in the set. The 5 SDCC ones show pictures of Episode I to III.

I guess these were probably also limited to 99, and you had to buy something from Topps to get them, just like with the first 5.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like maybe 2 new Garbage Pail Kids

Steven Universe P7 by Crypto

Star Wars Power of the Dark Side card SDCC-26; back says to look for all 25 cards in the set. Anyone have info on what these are ?

Yes, they are sold on the Topps website as a 25 card on-demand set (with bonus autograph and insert card), available now.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I noticed a pack of 5 Marvel Comics "ARTFX Premier" cards, and the wrapper says "promo pack" on the back

The cards say San Diego Comic Con exclusive on the backs

Looks like there are 5 cards in the set, but you only get 1 card per pack ? Not sure

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Coming soon. What I found at Comic Con. Surf

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is that a promo for a post about promos?

quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Coming soon. What I found at Comic Con. Surf

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
yeah.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Promo Cards I found at Con:

Whitney Pollett: Biz card

Classic Tales, Frankenstein: Happy Trails Animation

Justin Chung VP2: artist signed

Oakvale Rooks, Stacy Cavallaro: book promo "Dugout"

Steven Universe: P7, SDCC1

DC Bombshells series 3: P1

Cryptkins series 2: P20

CZX Super Heros & Supervillians: P02

CZX Outlander: P6

TBIRD & THROTTLE (2 cards): Tbird, Throttle

Steven Silver: Silvertoons

Big Apple Comic Con Promo

Monster Art of Robert Aragon: MANS-1 (NSU) Marks NonSport Cards

Stectrum: 6 cards

The Moon Minis: Book promo

Red Flags: Game card promo

Superfight: Game card promo

Chaney Legacy: LCP-6, LCP-8 (Marks Non Sport)

Horror Movie Night Cards, HMN Podcast.com: 8 cards (#9 through #16)

Outland, season 3: P8, P3

NDBag The Boogeyman: 4 cards

Rebel Legion: 5 cards

501st: 6 cards (not sure if new)

Mercenary: 1 card

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Just back from Sdcc
Can add these to the list
THE WHITE MANS GUIDE TO MALE WRITERS OF THE WESTERN CANON -11 card cello pack set

Costume designers guild-DC/Marvel related 14 card set
Horror movie night continuation of last years set
#9-16

Motion comic
Classic tales 20,000 leagues under the sea card
Monster Schol -new comic con 50 years card

Maybe few more once I’m over jet lag

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paul hart:
Just back from Sdcc
Can add these to the list
THE WHITE MANS GUIDE TO MALE WRITERS OF THE WESTERN CANON -11 card cello pack set

Costume designers guild-DC/Marvel related 14 card set

Motion comic
Classic tales 20,000 leagues under the sea card
Monster Schol -new comic con 50 years card

Maybe few more once I’m over jet lag

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is that Justin Chung card VP2 new ?

I didn't realize he did new promos. The last ones I saw were back in 2015.