Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOBBIT AT DENNY'S
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Just completed 1 more set if anyone still wants one.

Posts: 14 | Location: southern california | Registered: November 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Contact me togurorocks. My email is under my profile Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anne N.
posted Hide Post
You wouldn't by any chance have any extras of Gollum or the 2 limited edition cards would you togurocks? Wink

Posts: 23 | Location: PA~USA | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I ate at one yesterday and had the "Build Your Own Hobbit Slam." The hash browns and sausage seemed extra-greasy. I couldn't finish my plate. I received one pack.

I assume most collectors will be collecting the coupon cards as well since they are also card-size and on the same stock.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I got two packs today. I don't know if I'll be able to go on a Denny's diet to get the rest.

Same thing here -- the food was so greasy, I took a shower when I got home so I think 4 cards is it for me.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Yeah, I ate at one yesterday and had the "Build Your Own Hobbit Slam." The hash browns and sausage seemed extra-greasy. I couldn't finish my plate. I received one pack.

I assume most collectors will be collecting the coupon cards as well since they are also card-size and on the same stock.

Does anybody know how many different coupon cards there are? I have 4 different ones so far.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
After eating there twice with family I 3 packs each time = total of 6 I am pretty happy so far. I used one of my coupons the 2nd time to save $5.00 or could have use the 20% coupon. The food is actually very good! I think we will go back a third time to complete the set. Pulled on limited out of 6 packs so I have beat the odds so far which made me very happy. Need 2 base and bilbo limited!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Have you folks seen that lot of 300 packs that is up for auction?

Crazy.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anne N.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
[QUOTE]Does anybody know how many different coupon cards there are? I have 4 different ones so far.

I think we've only gotten 4 so far as well:

20% off total check
$5 off $25
Free Beverage
Free Pancake Puppies

Posts: 23 | Location: PA~USA | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:

Crazy.

This person must have eaten a lot of meals.

What?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Crazy.

Or they are a bunch of packs that were stolen from Denny's by a worker.

What?

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Denny's closest to me (still a long drive) finally got the cards in but they were guarding them and giving them out as if each pack was the prescious. I did manage to get 3 packs and almost half the set but had to buy 3 meals.

NEED FILI, THORN OAKENSHIELD, GALADRIEL AND BOTH BONUS CARDS

HAVE LOTS OF STUFF FOR TRADE

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
The Denny's closest to me (still a long drive) finally got the cards in but they were guarding them and giving them out as if each pack was the prescious. I did manage to get 3 packs and almost half the set but had to buy 3 meals.

NEED FILI, THORN OAKENSHIELD, GALADRIEL AND BOTH BONUS CARDS

HAVE LOTS OF STUFF FOR TRADE

That is how mine is as well. It makes me laugh! I offered a very nice tip if someone could get me extras but they acted like these cards were gold.

Still love the food and the promotion. Need that other limited card! Anyone have ane extra bilbo?

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I lucked out. I went to Denny's with my girl and before we were seated, I asked the host if there were cards available at that location. He said sure and gave us two packs from his apron pocket and then handed the same to another couple he seated at the same time as us.

They had no idea what they were and seeing the quizzical look in their faces, I explained they were a tie-in to a new movie, but didn't seem to know anything about it, and the lady handed them to me for which I thanked her very much.

We went ahead and ordered our entrees from the Hobbit inspired menu so we'd be sure to get a couple more packs.
We took our time while eating, discussing our day and the same lady who'd given me her two packs from before had made he way to the register to pay but then walked back over to her table to give me the pack they'd given her when she paid as she'd also ordered a Hobbit item. Finally, when we paid for our entrees, we got two more packs and I asked the host (a different person from before) if additional packs could be purchased directly. She said no and sorry, but then gave us one more pack as a consolation.

So that meant 8 packs from one trip, not too shabby, and we'd even used a 20% coupon for the whole thing.

The 16 cards yielded a set of the regular 10 cards and 6 more towards a second set. No limited edition cards, but I was still pleased to finish the basic set in one trip, and the food was good, especially the dessert named for the character Radagast which cost only $2 ($1.60 with our coupon).

I have experience collecting Denny's cards in the past, their terrific baseball hologram sets made from 1990 through 1996 or so. Those cards were very well made, the first 4-5 sets by Upper Deck and last couple from Score Pinnacle. The thing about them though, is that cards from Denny's have never been limited by any stretch of the imagination and they are still very widely available these days and I suspect that will be true of these Hobbit cards as well.

The first couple of baseball sets are a little tougher since, like the Hobbit cards, you couldn't buy the packs directly, but the later packs were sold separately so there are 1000's and 1000's of sealed packs of those out there.

It's likely in the years to come, the same will be true of these Hobbit cards. As other people with access to loads of packs make the sets, they will be widely and inexpensively available for years to come. There are scores of Denny's restaurants offering these cards and we know, based on the fact that an employee of one who posts on this very board could get at least 100 packs, that each of those stores likely has hundreds if not thousands of the packs to distribute.

But while they aren't exactly rare, they are very well designed and we might go another time or two as I would like the limited edition cards (but even those should only be about 3X more "rare" than any given regular cards since each regular cards is one per 5 packs while the limited cards are one per 16 packs, so it just might be a better idea to wait 'til those show up in large quantity on the auction sites).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Crazy.

What?

I think it is crazy because they have so many of them. And I think we all know how they got them. I don't want to go into anymore details about it, as that might be considered a bit of outing of the auction(s).

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
My wife and I went tonight for the first time since this promotion started. We were only able to get 1 pack each and I waited until we got home to open them up.

First pack, a gold bordered Gandalf. I was so happy that I have gotten one of the 2 limited cards so far.

We will be going back! Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anybody needing one or two cards to complete your collection

I have plenty of extras.

Im willing to give away a dozen or two extras as long as you send me a self addressed envelope with a stamp on it. I just wanna drop the cards in the envelope and mail them out.

Email me.

the wife is getting mad at the stacks of cards laying around lol, and since its the holidays id rather give them away than throw them away.

Email me for info.

Also those who Have received sets from me I hope you guys are happy with your cards.

Happy holidays

Posts: 14 | Location: southern california | Registered: November 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any Incredible hulk anything Im willing to trade packs or cards for whatever you have lol.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Crazy.

What?

I think it is crazy because they have so many of them. And I think we all know how they got them. I don't want to go into anymore details about it, as that might be considered a bit of outing of the auction(s).

Anyone wondering how I have so much stock

I work at two dennys,both which are in a latino saturated areas.

People at both my dennys dont care for the cards except the coupons.

I pay my bus boy to not throw away the cards people leave behind on tables after they eat.
I have the same arrangement with all 3 shifts in my restaurants so I have 6 shifts all saving cards for me. 24 hours a day 7 days a week lol.

SO i have plenty of single.

Packs are different.
Packs I acquire from the promotional distributor.
Guys been a friend of mine for ever he usually comes in to set up displays and window decals.
He had a box of around 400-450 packs he was going to just return. I worked out a deal with him for them and thats how i got those.

So no i do not eat alot of dennys because I obviously work there lol.
But i knew that someone somewhere was going to want the cards so instead of throwing them away I save them so I can get to people like you.

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Sounds fair enough, at least you aren't just walking out the backdoor with them, as happens with a lot of promotional items.

Picture of jeff
posted Hide Post
Cards arrived in yesterdays mail thanks alot great looking cards.
jeff

Posts: 92 | Location: FORT PIERCE FLORIDA | Registered: April 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post