Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOBBIT AT DENNY'S
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The basic set minus the coupon cards should be coming from 2 generous Card Talk Members. Just need the bonus cards.

quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
The Denny's closest to me (still a long drive) finally got the cards in but they were guarding them and giving them out as if each pack was the prescious. I did manage to get 3 packs and almost half the set but had to buy 3 meals.

NEED FILI, THORN OAKENSHIELD, GALADRIEL AND BOTH BONUS CARDS

HAVE LOTS OF STUFF FOR TRADE

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
Dunno why, but it never occurred to me that there'd be a thread on this. As there's no word on regular cards, I've not checked in in weeks!

Anyhoo, can anyone help an English member? I'd like to acquire a full set. I can pay shipping costs/reasonable expenses.

Please post here or PM me if you cam help.

Many thanks

Rob

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Went to Denny's in Salem, N.H. and got : Balin, Dwalin, Fili, Galadriel, Gandalf the Grey, Gollum, Kili, and Radagast the Brown.Also got 4 different offer cards for $$ offand free food and drink. Anyone know the other cards that I need and the bonus cards ?? My cousins son needs the cards to complete his set. Thanks, Mister E.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I am missing the Bonus cards. Need one FILI to complete my set and one Fili, Bilbo and Gollum to finish a second. I have only seen 4 different (backs) coupon cards.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
togurorocks,

Thank you for sending the cards and helping me complete the base set.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
we've got 9 of the 10 regulars so far and no specials. Might make 1 more trip as we have a busy week ahead of us lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post
I'm needing the Gold Gandalf card. Have lots of extras to trade. Anyone?

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
still have some stock

packs
1 complete set
and an extra bilbo

Posts: 14 | Location: southern california | Registered: November 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
My family and I went to Denny's the first day and got 3 packs of cards.

My son and I went there this past Saturday morning and we were lucky to get 8 packs for two breakfast meals. The guy behind the cash register asked me how many I wanted and I replied "two packs because there's only two of us" he smiled and handed me a stack of eight.

So, now I have two complete base sets, multiple coupon cards {of the four}, but I only have one Gold Gandalf.
Anyone have a Gold Bilbo Baggins ? I know it's a long shot, but I do have others {base and coupons} for trade.

F

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
I am missing the Bonus cards. Need one FILI to complete my set and one Fili, Bilbo and Gollum to finish a second. I have only seen 4 different (backs) coupon cards.

Found 2 of my missing 4. Still need Fili and Gollum as well as the 2 limited edition. Stopped at Denny's yesterday and they only gave me one pack. Had to ask twice!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I tried to talk the cashier into letting me buy a few extra packs but no dice (even after a very nice tip!)
One pack: Free Drink w/ entree purchase, Thorin Oakenshield and gold Gandalf The Grey Limited Edition Dance

Looks like I'll have to go back for the Hobbit Hole Breakfast tomorrow! #addicted

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Erik,

I sent you an email.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Denny's told me that this promotion is ending on the 14th of Janurary!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have extras of Balin (1), Bilbo Baggins (1), Galadriel (2), Gandalf the Grey (4), Kili (1), Radagast the Brown (2). Also I have extras of several different coupon cards. If anyone needs any of those let me know.

Posts: 74 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Still missing cards.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
Erik,

I sent you an email.

Got the trades today to finish my set. Thanks Steve. Got yours out on Friday.

posted Hide Post
Went to a local Denny's on Friday. The manager gave me 10 packs when I asked for one. Said he has boxes left. Only bad part was no limited cards in my packs!

Posts: 120 | Location: Cardinal Nation | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had breakfast here Saturday, got 6 more packs. One had the Bilbo Limited Edition, now just missing the Gandolf!

Posts: 120 | Location: Cardinal Nation | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have an extra Dwalin, somehow I must have overlooked having him in my set. That or I lost him somewhere. Anyways I need him to complete my base set of 10, I have a few extras for trade if necessary. Please let me know. Thanks.

Posts: 74 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Still missing cards and cannot get to a Denny's.