Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOBBIT AT DENNY'S
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
ARTICLE FROM GLOBAL LICENSE

Warner Bros. Pictures has teamed up with Denny’s to bring menu items and exclusive memorabilia based on the upcoming film The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey to restaurants across the U.S.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, a production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, is set to hit theaters on Dec. 14.

Beginning Nov. 6, Denny’s will unveil a Middle-earth-inspired menu featuring 11 new offerings including the Hobbit Hole Breakfast, Frodo's Pot Roast Skillet and the Build Your Own Hobbit Slam.

Denny's guests will also have exclusive access to 12 collectible trading cards designed around the film. With the purchase of select Hobbit-inspired entrees, guests will receive a trading card pack that includes collectible cards and Denny's coupons.

"We are delighted to partner with Warner Bros. Pictures to bring the captivating spirit of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey to life in our diners nationwide," says Frances Allen, chief marketing officer, Denny's. "We were inspired by the imaginative world of Middle-earth and wanted to offer fellow fans an equally inspired food experience to share in the excitement and anticipation for the upcoming debut."

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This sounds great, i would love these if anyone is going to get some. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I have a Denny's 2 miles or so from my house, rarely go there as the service is not that great. Guess it is time to go again, and of course find out if my 2 sons who are still at home have any friend who work there....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There's a Denny's down the street from me. I might have to try it out.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I'm hungry just thinking of it. Drool

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
http://news.mymiddleearth.com/...ding-cards-and-more/

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
This **** looks really healthy! Eek

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Cool, the cards are supposed to be there starting 11/6. I get airmiles when I eat at Dennys too.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
I get airmiles when I eat at Dennys too.

I get something completely different when I eat at a Dennys.... Shake Head

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I have news for you guys..... The cards and menu are at the restaurants NOW.

I had a crappy day at work, so I decided to seek redemption by trying my luck with the ol' "have you received any Hobbit promotional items yet" approach at the Denny's near my home. BULLSEYE!

So, to begin my story, this location has begun what they call a "soft roll out" of the promotion - meaning, they introduce just a few of the menu items, but don't post the advertising yet. I immediately turned on my Jedi-like charm and chatted up the female manager, and we shared a few geek moments together about the promotion and movie in general. The next thing I know, "Amy" and her assistant manager "Edward" are showing me the new laminated menu and three sample cards from a pack they opened to satisfy their own curiosity.

Still smiling and shaking hands, I made a promise I would be back at their restaurant only for more business, but they let me leave with the three cards - "Kili", "Gandalf the Grey", and a coupon card. One one side, the coupon card advertised "Free Pancake Puppies" (in traditional Hobbit font), and the other side featured the images of two "Limited Edition" cards - "Gandalf the Grey" (not the same as the one they gave me) and "Bilbo Baggins". The wrapper even advertises the odds of these limited edition cards in traditional trading card fashion as 1:16 packs. This means there are actually 14 cards to collect, not 12. The 12 cards are the base cards, and the additional limited addition cards brings the total to 14.

Three hours later, I returned after I convinced my long-suffering but understanding wife to do take-out. I ordered over the phone - from "Amy", who remembered me - the "Frodo Pot Roast Skillet" and the "Dwarves Turkey and Dressing". When I picked up the order, Amy gave me my own copy of the menu and four more packs (she only had to give me two, according to the promotion instructions she whipped out from her desk).

I gave her a nice fat tip and agreed to return SOON (that's no lie, gotta get more of these cards). When I came home, after eating the food (which was cooked just fine), I followed thru with my promise to complete the online survey to give her and the staff a perfect score.

Now about the cards – the quality is top-notch. They are printed on the same card stock and with the same gloss you would expect from an Upper Deck or Topps release. The cards are NOT numbered. Just as you would expect from a nicely produced card set, the images on the front differ from the backs. Even the coupon cards are all printed with the same attention to card-stock quality. Every coupon card has the same front advertising the two limited edition cards, but the backs differ – I have two Free Pancake Puppies cards, and the other three advertise $5.00 off a $25 purchase, 20% off the entire guest check, and a Free Beverage. Of the 10 base cards, I received the following:

Gandalf the Grey (x2)
Kili (x2)
Fili
Dwalin
Gollum
Galadriel
Bilbo Baggins
Thorin Oakenshield

So, in all – 5 packs that garnered 10 base cards – with two dupes. Needless to say, a trade will be welcome and will probably help ALL of us to avoid excessive intake of Denny’s fatty meals.

Happy hunting, folks!! This is gonna be a fun promotion!!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
I get airmiles when I eat at Dennys too.

I get something completely different when I eat at a Dennys....

quote:
I get something completely different when I eat at a Dennys....

LMAO Big Grin
Yeah Greg I know what you mean!
But I might risk it & order their breakfast to get these cool cards that Geoff describes so well in his story.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Shame we will miss out on them in UK Frown

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello there first time poster.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but there is intact only 12 cards for this set not the 14 that were said.
This set includes 10 base cards and 2 special short print gold border Rare cards.
the inserts with the coupon verify this by saying collect all 12 "including" 2 special rare cards.

I work for a Dennys store where the product was previewed so I have seen samples of the complete set.
Further more I have in my possession a complete set that was raffled at our work meeting ramping up to this module along with about half a dozen packs of unopened cards.
so I can verify that there is in fact only 12 cards including the special ones.

if anyone is interested in obtaining the complete collecting from me please send me an email.

Posts: 14 | Location: southern california | Registered: November 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeff
posted Hide Post
I would be interested but couldn't find your email
Jeff

Posts: 92 | Location: FORT PIERCE FLORIDA | Registered: April 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SHSTIDO@yahoo.com

Posts: 14 | Location: southern california | Registered: November 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took the liberty of scanning my complete set.

These are all 12 of the cards including the 2 Special rare gold bordered cards.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a friendly reminder. Buying/selling is not permitted on the discussion forums here on NSU Card Talk.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is trading ok?

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I would be intrested in a set. I could trade you stuff from the UK for one. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by togurorocks:
Is trading ok?

Yes, trading is fine (and encouraged). But soliciting sales is not.

Thanks for your understanding.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post