Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WonderCon Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
This show was the last weekend of March, I believe. Someone told me that 258 West had an exclusive card there. Has anyone seen it ? Were there other promos ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like 258 had another Matt Smith/Dr. Who promo, nearly identical to the Portland and Emerald City Comic Con ones from earlier in 2013, same image but different show logos.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Nice promo for the DrWho fans

There was also a Naruto card game pack and 2 different packs for Pacific Rim that made a 5 card set. I don't know if they were exclusive or not though. I don't believe they were by Cryptozoic but I'd have to check that to be certain.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pacific Rim cards weren't exclusive but hard to get. Not many promos, 258 West was the one other that had card. There were also Oblivion promos but not actual trading cards. Will try to post when I can.

The Oblivion stuff is on Ebay - type Oblivion Wondercon 2013 and there are 3 promo items.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NL,

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So the Pacific Rim cards are not Cryptozoic promos right? just studio promos?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure who did the Pacific Rim but Crypto wasn't at Wondercon. There were 2 and/or 3 card packs of these cards for 5 various Jaegars.

I was able to get China and Russia but there is USA, Japan & Australia.

Also, there were lots of 501st member cards as well as promo cards for the upcoming movie release Brass Teapot.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Got to find that Matt Smith for my 258 West collection. Drool

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know anything about those Viking promos from Wondercon, that promote an upcoming History Channel show ?

There seem to be 5 different, but the backs are numbered up to 22 (Ex: x/22, y/22, etc) so I wonder if there are 22 cards in the set, and that others will be given out at upcoming cons. Anyone know ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
They were digtal cards released on the History Channel at different episodes, Those are numbered like that. They used some of those images without any changes for these cards is the reason they are numbered like that. We'll have to wait to see if they do more.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Anyone know anything about those Viking promos from Wondercon, that promote an upcoming History Channel show ?

There seem to be 5 different, but the backs are numbered up to 22 (Ex: x/22, y/22, etc) so I wonder if there are 22 cards in the set, and that others will be given out at upcoming cons. Anyone know ?

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Is this Matt Smith card still around? I need it.
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Is this Matt Smith card still around? I need it.
Fred

I would like this one too, since I have WWP and ECCC ones.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that on those Viking promos, some people are selling "sets", claiming that they consist of only 3 or 4 cards. But it appears that a true set has 5 cards in it.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I have a few Matt Smith cards from C2E2 (Chicago) to trade if anyone is interested.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I have a few Matt Smith cards from C2E2 (Chicago) to trade if anyone is interested.

I am. I haven't seen that one. I'll look and see if I have any WWP or ECCC left.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm sending you an email about this card.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too..if you have any left. Thumb Up

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I will soon have the Farpoint and C2E2 cards. Just need the WonderCon one.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have three of the Wondercon Matt Smith 258 promos that I'm looking to trade for any of the other Matt Smith 258 promos (CECE, Farpoint, WWP, ECCC, etc- I only have the Wondercon one). Email me if anyone has the promos I need, or if you need a Wondercon promo and we can set up a trade.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went to the "Big Wow" show in San Jose, CA last weekend and looked for this WonderCon promo. Nobody had it.

This show used to be much smaller, taking up just a side room in a convention center. Now, it's in a big hall. Admission used to be $3 - now it's $20 if you don't get an advance ticket. There were no show exclusive cards and no "goodie bags" either. Very few dealers or artists were giving out promos - just business cards with artwork. Disappointing.

quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post