Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Scifi Cards Promo Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Scifi Cards Promo Cards
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
I have 2 new promos that will be released in September. Likely the last ones of the year.

First is P41. Will be distributed at the Amazing Hawaii Comic Con. Limited to 500, free to anyone at the show. Art by Fan Favorite artist George Webber.

P42 will be in the admission promo packet at the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 2nd and 3rd. Art by Dan Gorman.

At this point I am not doing any SASE offer for missed promos. Too many shows, and I don't want it to be forever before you get what you mailed off for. Will do something at some point though.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Ed - These are nice cards Thumb Up

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
very nice

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Ed, What do you do with the original artwork for your promos? Do you keep them or do they belong to the artist?

Very well done as always. Thumb Up

Posts: 10365 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Ed, What do you do with the original artwork for your promos? Do you keep them or do they belong to the artist?

Very well done as always. Thumb Up

Quick Answer: It depends. Smile

Obviously, if it's done digitally there's nothing to keep.

I usually keep the artwork, sometimes it costs me extra. It's all a matter of negotiation with artists. I usually become attached and keep the artwork. And they vary from card sized to 8x10 and larger.

I've got several pieces framed on the wall with the actual card in the frame too.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
First is P41. Will be distributed at the Amazing Hawaii Comic Con. Limited to 500, free to anyone at the show. Art by Fan Favorite artist George Webber.

Arriving just in time for Hawaii is the P41m metal variant. It is a double sided metal card with the George Webber art. Limited and numbered to 50 for the show. FREE with $50+ purchase or $10 each if you just want the card.

George will also be getting 5 Artist Proof metal cards after the show.

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Ed these great promos!! I look forward to adding them to my collection.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Until they run out, I'll have the P41 and P41m available at Salt Lake Comic Con this weekend and The Chicago Non-Sport Card Show the following weekend. While supplies last, obviously.

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have there been any new promos these past few months ? Anyone know ?

Posts: 3978 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Available at the Scifi Cards Table in Chicago, and all 2016 shows... P44

This is the 2016 show promo, not available with the SASE offer.

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was there a P43 ?

Posts: 3978 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Was there a P43 ?

Not yet. Had to go to press with 44 and 45 for Chicago. Artist was still working on 43.

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a P44 that they can spare ?

I have P45, but no P44 for myself...

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that P48 will be at the upcoming Chicago Show

P46 was at the Fall 2016 Chicago show

Where was P47 ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I believe that Ed is up to P55 now, first released at the El Paso Comic Con, in April.

P54 was at Philly a few weeks ago.

P53 was at the recent Chicago con.

P49 to P52 were at various 2018 shows. P51 had a metal variant.

Just keeping the list updated. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Just looked through my collection of these promos. Compared what I have to the list on Eds site (https://www.scifi.cards/our-promo-cards.html#/)

I am missing the following:

P5, P15, P30, P45, P47, P48, P49, P53 P55, and P56

Have some hunting to do to try and keep up

Posts: 381 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
About two years ago i started collecting these Ed Webb cards
I have gradually found quiet a lot of them but also missing a few.
There was a thread on these a few years ago I think that Wolfie started it , and if I can remember there were a few cards that Ed did not have available so were not possible to get without going to the secondary market.
And Ed Webb cards do not come up very often. I E Mailed ED last year and he gave me directions on how to get these cards if he has them in stock, to date I have not taken up this offer.
Also there are some quiet rare ones EG #33 has a foil and metal variety,and i am sure that I have seen somwere that one of the more modern ones have a metal variant #P6 also has two cards as #1 also
I must get back to Ed and see what is available
I am missing #P6 200 P6 2000 P9 P11 P13 P15 P17 P33 foil P33 metal P38 alien with book
P38 alien with parcels P40 P41 P44 P47 P51 P52 P53 P54 P55 P56
any offers will be gratefully received

Posts: 749 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Piko,

Try the dealers that attended the show. They may have some of the cards. Also some of the people that attended the show would go both days and may have extras.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Am i correct in saying that there is no P26? It does not exist?

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Ed's website, there are two P23s. One should have been P26