Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    More American Horror Story promos
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More American Horror Story promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I've been told that the 7 promos that come in the upcoming preview set (1 promo per pack) are new, different from the 16 that have been released to date. For those of you keeping track, the earlier ones were:

2 from Ed's Chicago show
1 in NSU
1 NSU Philly
2 in Philly admissions packs
2 Red Robins
2 from Applecards (UK)
AR1 to AR6

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Here's how I see it David. There are 18 (now 26!) different promos currently available that I have actually seen. I haven't seen the back of the Apple Cards promo (but David provided the wording for those two) or the seven preview pack promos.

Preview Set (13)

Non-Sport Update
Philly NSCS
Chicagoland ECE
AP Dealer Promo
AP Applecards Promo
AP Red Robin
Preview pack promos 1 to 7 (?)

Regular Set (13)

Non-Sport Update
Philly NSCS
Chicagoland ECE
San Diego Comic Con
AR Dealer Promo
AR Applecards Promo
AR Red Robin
AR Promo 1 to AR Promo 6

I wondered, therefore, whether the advertised promo in each Preview pack would be the seventh Preview set promo or one of seven, including the six above, and a new one. That last bit is guess work! Turns out they are all new!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zero,

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Zero, I am confused

What are these 2 other promos that you list?

There were 2 at Ed's show, and 12 more at Philly (the ones I list, sans the Applecards) Have 2 more come out since then ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You're right. I do see 2 new promos marked AP and AR DEALER on the back. I wonder where they are available ???

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
You're right. I do see 2 new promos marked AP and AR DEALER on the back. I wonder where they are available ???

They aren't making this easy for us regular low man on the totem pole collectors.
2 promos given to only 1 dealer for him to do with as he pleases and now 2 additional promos that no one seems to know about.
Yeah!

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where did you hear that there are 2 Applecards promos ? I have seen just one

Have a look in completed listings in ebay and you will see two from Applecards. It's somewhat overwhelming at first but I thought I had it cracked and then Tom said there were seven Preview Set promos and I thought 'what, another one!'

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zero:
quote:
Where did you hear that there are 2 Applecards promos ? I have seen just one

Have a look in completed listings in ebay and you will see two from Applecards. It's somewhat overwhelming at first but I thought I had it cracked and then Tom said there were seven Preview Set promos and I thought 'what, another one!'

Are the promos in the preview sets (the 7 promos) the promos that have already been distributed or are they 7 new promos all together?

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was told that they are all brand new. For this reason, I pre-ordered the preview sets

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was told that they are all brand new. For this reason, I pre-ordered the preview sets

Everyone is flabbergasted at the amount of promos already available. I find it very hard to believe there will be seven new ones on top of the eighteen already out there.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Again, I asked Tom Breyer if these were new promos or ones which had already been released. He told me that they were "new for this set." I am not sure how else to interpret that.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Tom himself said he went a little overboard with the promos. I like I good chase but sometimes I long for the days where it was just a P1, P2 and a P3 and the occasionally P4 Twak

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, I asked Tom Breyer if these were new promos or ones which had already been released. He told me that they were "new for this set." I am not sure how else to interpret that.

I would agree with that then. These are NEW promos.
I think I read that there will be 800 preview sets made. With 1 promo per set, and 7 different, that would mean roughly 115 of each if just enough were made for the sets- maybe 150 of each to keep a few for replacements.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is all so confusing, my head is spinning

Zero, my mistake. I was aware of the fact that there are 2 Applecards promos. I don't have them in hand yet

However, I didn't know about these brand new AR DEALER and AP DEALER promos which seem to have surfaced over the past few days. More to look for...

posted Hide Post
quote:
This is all so confusing, my head is spinning

Zero, my mistake. I was aware of the fact that there are 2 Applecards promos. I don't have them in hand yet

However, I didn't know about these brand new AR DEALER and AP DEALER promos which seem to have surfaced over the past few days. More to look for...

Where are these two new cards from?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have absolutely no idea, but if you look at the completed auctions "you know where", you will see them.

They say AR PROMO and AP PROMO on the backs.

Different fronts than the 16 that I have seen.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have absolutely no idea, but if you look at the completed auctions "you know where", you will see them.

They say AR PROMO and AP PROMO on the backs.

Different fronts than the 16 that I have seen.

Does anyone know the seller?
It says he is in Canada.
Maybe Tom can fill us in.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
One more annoucement soon on those 2 promos.It was an error that person had these.

tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Last time I will address this subject. I have heard a few of you loud and clear and I am moving on what is done is done. I made too many.

Thanks Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

I saw it mentioned earlier (in this thread, I think) that someone had already pre-ordered the Preview set. Are pre-orders open to dealers/distributors only at this point, or to all? With Comicon only a couple of weeks out, I'm still hunting for info on this set. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
This is not a comic con set it is a preview set and it was sold out to the dist/dealers this week

Tom