Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    More American Horror Story promos
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More American Horror Story promos
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
This is not a comic con set it is a preview set and it was sold out to the dist/dealers this week

Tom

Oh, OK - the Preivew set and the Con sets are separate. Gotcha'. Wink

Now I just have to start stalking dealers to see who has these for sale. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
There is no American Horror Story comic con set.Just the preview set.

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no American Horror Story comic con set.Just the preview set.

Tom

OK, thanks. The article in the latest Non-Sport Update is confusing. The first paragraph under the sub-title "Comic-Con Creepiness" reads, and I quote:

"For the non-sports hobby, the horror kicks off in May, with a preview set consisting of 12 cards which cover the pilot episode of season One. There will also be a chase set featuring six key characters, and a two-card autograph chase set. This will be followed in July with a full-blown set and a special Comic-Con International set."

So actually, I'm glad there aren't two additional sets to find. Smile Like I said, I just need to find out who's selling 'em! Wink

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We were trying at that time of the article to have a comic con release but that will not happen.

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have absolutely no idea, but if you look at the completed auctions "you know where", you will see them.

They say AR PROMO and AP PROMO on the backs.

Different fronts than the 16 that I have seen.

I looked at his other completed auction.
He also has American Horror Story Red Robin promos that are not in the holder with the numbered seal on them.
Why would you take them out of the holders?
Doesn't it devalue the cards?

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dobo98985:
quote:
I have absolutely no idea, but if you look at the completed auctions "you know where", you will see them.

They say AR PROMO and AP PROMO on the backs.

Different fronts than the 16 that I have seen.

I looked at his other completed auction.
He also has American Horror Story Red Robin promos that are not in the holder with the numbered seal on them.
Why would you take them out of the holders?
Doesn't it devalue the cards?

I've left all mine as they came. You would loose the numbering if you took them out.

The only way I could see them being worth more out of the holders, is if they had been professionally graded.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zero:
quote:
I was told that they are all brand new. For this reason, I pre-ordered the preview sets

Everyone is flabbergasted at the amount of promos already available. I find it very hard to believe there will be seven new ones on top of the eighteen already out there.

I stand corrected, scans of the seven cards just hit you know where and very nice they look too.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Zero, I have seen the backs of the two Apple Cards promos.

To answer your question, the one with the woman hiding is a promo for the preview set. The back says AP APPLECARDS PROMO

The one of the crying guy/boy (?) says AR APPLECARDS PROMO

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zero, I have seen the backs of the two Apple Cards promos.

To answer your question, the one with the woman hiding is a promo for the preview set. The back says AP APPLECARDS PROMO

The one of the crying guy/boy (?) says AR APPLECARDS PROMO

Excellent, i'll tweak the first post and, of course, there is the comic con promo now as well, although I've not seen one for the preview set. Big Grin

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Zero, have you checked to see if the 7 new promos you saw scans of, are different from those 2 NEW promos which you reported having seen ? Are they part of the preview set promos ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just a follow up. I think those 7 you may have seen are the preview set itself, not the new promos that come 1 per preview set. We have not seen the true promos yet

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just a follow up. I think those 7 you may have seen are the preview set itself, not the new promos that come 1 per preview set. We have not seen the true promos yet

Well there is one very keen seller who has got everything listed and he has images of the 12 base cards in one listing and seven different cards advertised as the promo set in another. The only puzzle is the image he has for the six chase cards are the six AR promo set. A mistake I think.

All the images are new to me too.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A friend suggested to me that those 2 new dealer promos may be upcoming case incentives. Anyone hear anything like that ? I guess we will see soon

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More AHS promos at Philly, but where are those 2 mystery ones that showed up on ebay earlier this summer, that Zero talked about above ? I haven't seen them since. Any idea when and where they will eventually be given out ?

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
More AHS promos at Philly, but where are those 2 mystery ones that showed up on ebay earlier this summer, that Zero talked about above ? I haven't seen them since. Any idea when and where they will eventually be given out ?

The new promos are for Asylum, the second series. I've seen four advertised so far.

quote:
One more announcement soon on those 2 promos.It was an error that person had these.

tom

These have dropped of the face of the earth. Picked up 22 promos out of 26 so far, missing these two and the Red Robins. Applecards price had dropped considerably when I picked them up. maybe I just got lucky. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A friend of a friend knows a dealer who has 1 of the 2 mystery promos (not the seller on ebay) but apparently he was not allowed to sell it, at least not yet

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any info from Breygent as to when/where those 2 mystery promos (seen on ebay in June) will be released ?

When are the AHS cards themselves coming out ?

Already we are seeing promos for the 2nd AHS set and yet we don't have all of the promos for the first one !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone has mentioned that on the first set there are also promos AR Promo UK and AP UK. has anyone seen these ? I have not. Apparently different from the Applecards promos...

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
what mystery promos? what title?

tom

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
coming soon