Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Wars The Force Awakens (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars The Force Awakens (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
P1 was in the Lando comic at SDCC

Looks like there are more to come

Posts: 4012 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's accurate to call it a Force Awakens promo. It's just a generic Star Wars P1 promoting Topps next 3 or 4 Star Wars releases.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Right, the Luke is a multi-series promo, but it is interesting they numbered it "P1".

The actual "Force Awakens" promos, and thus the first cards for the new movie, seem to be the other card that came with the P1 in that Marvel custom Lando issue from comic-con, and it looks like there are four of them in all:
Rey on her Speeder (Daisy Ridley)
Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac)
Stormtroopers
X-wings

These are "hard" copies of the virtual cards that Lucasfilm made for Entertainment Weekly earlier this year as a reveal of some new images and the names of several characters.
The thing is, there were 8 of those cards. It could be that Marvel will, at another convention, possibly New York, release another custom Star Wars related comic that has the other 4 virtual cards made real. (They would be rolling droid BB-8, Stormtrooper Finn, Villain Kylo Ren, and one other subject that is escaping me now.)

Well, I bought 3 sealed Lando comics (after the convention, online, as I was unable to get even one at the Marvel booth on Thursday or Sunday), and I got two of Poe and one of the Stormtroopers, so I'm halfway to this set, with one double to trade, plus two doubles of the P1 Luke. Good times...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3329 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the new cards are # 53, 74, 81, 88

I wonder if these will be identical to the cards which later show up in the set in December

Someone "you know where" wants $100 for the set of 4 !!!

Posts: 4012 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, if you can get 4 of the sealed Landos for about $15 each, delivered (about the best price), and have some good luck when opening them, you could get the whole set of 4, plus four of the P1s, and four of the Lando issues for about $60.

I bought 3 (for about $40 delivered, and I did pretty well as I got other stuff in a lot with 2 copies that I can sell to get at least half of the $40 back), but I still already have a double, and therefore, only 2 out of 4 different, $40 in.

With that in mind, he might sell that set of 4 for the $100 you know where. I think it'll depend on just how many of those Landos were distributed.

Posts: 3329 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Right, the Luke is a multi-series promo, but it is interesting they numbered it "P1".

The actual "Force Awakens" promos, and thus the first cards for the new movie, seem to be the other card that came with the P1 in that Marvel custom Lando issue from comic-con, and it looks like there are four of them in all:
Rey on her Speeder (Daisy Ridley)
Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac)
Stormtroopers
X-wings

These are "hard" copies of the virtual cards that Lucasfilm made for Entertainment Weekly earlier this year as a reveal of some new images and the names of several characters.
The thing is, there were 8 of those cards. It could be that Marvel will, at another convention, possibly New York, release another custom Star Wars related comic that has the other 4 virtual cards made real. (They would be rolling droid BB-8, Stormtrooper Finn, Villain Kylo Ren, and one other subject that is escaping me now.)

Well, I bought 3 sealed Lando comics (after the convention, online, as I was unable to get even one at the Marvel booth on Thursday or Sunday), and I got two of Poe and one of the Stormtroopers, so I'm halfway to this set, with one double to trade, plus two doubles of the P1 Luke. Good times...

Guess I'm just being a purist and not considering the 4 cards "promos" since promo or preview isn't anywhere on the card. Smile Seems like they're just cards that'll be in boxes of "Journey to the Force Awakens" or "The Force Awakens".
Weren't there also 4 cards randomly inserted (announced after the fact) in one of the recent Star Wars card products?

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The fronts maybe, but there's no way they would have the same minimal type on the reverse side even if they do make it into the set with the same front numbers (and even that's not certain). With that in mind, they'll be very easy to differentiate from regular cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I pulled 53 and 88

Does anyone have the other 2, that they are willing to part with ?

Posts: 4719 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like all 4 of these promos come as inserts in the new Star Wars Chrome set, but as chrome cards instead of the Heritage style stock

Numbered the same--53, 74, 81, 88

Posts: 4719 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

P2,P3,P4,P5 are in the next Star Wars magazine.

http://www.starwars.com/news/s...-trading-card-series

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are they 1 per copy or do you get all 4 ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Are they 1 per copy or do you get all 4 ?

It looks from the cover that you either get P2 and P3 or P4 and P5.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's the way they did it with the last two times they had promos. It helps them to sell two copies of the same magazine. They also, until recently, had two different covers, for the same reason.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What is the release date for the magazine ? Someone said Sept 9 but I have not seen any

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Issue #160 is out 22nd Sept.

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I'm a subscriber to the Star Wars Insider and got an interesting email from them today regarding the new issue. It talked about the promo cards in the upcoming issue and offered a link for those interested in obtaining both sets. It also mentioned that the cards are printed on 24 point heritage stock.

Oh, it also stated that as a special bonus for subscribers, Topps provided them with two of the Luke cards that are autographed by Mark Hamill and that they have been randomly inserted into subscriber copies. Please note that the two autographed cards are ONLY in subscriber copies and will not be in the newsstand or comic shop versions of the magazine.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a great bonus for a pair of lucky people!
I get Star Wars Insider through my comics subscription company (the same way I get NSU) so while I technically subscribe, I get the comic shop version of the magazine, meaning I have no shot at one, but here's hoping one of them is in yours! Smile

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Found both sets yesterday at B&N in Towson,MD. The cards are clearly visible so it is easy to tell what set of cards you are getting.

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have extras on P4 and P5

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there was a P6 at the NYCC