Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Perna Studios Presents Hallowe'en: Witchcraft
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perna Studios Presents Hallowe'en: Witchcraft
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
Samantha Johnson

www.srj-art.deviantart.com or www.facebook.com/TheRealmofsAm or www.therealmofsam.com

Beautiful. Smile The one with the kitty on her shoulder is particularly striking.

The effort that the artists are putting into this set is amazing. Can't wait for this release!! Clap

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Now that the Hallowe'en Witchcraft presale is getting closer we wanted to get an opinion from the collectors. We have a few artists that drew some old hag witches on their Witchcraft sketch cards. We wanted to know if collectors would still like to see these inserted? So far there are 13 sketch cards with hags. They are very detailed sketch cards by really talented artists. The main reason we are asking is because 9 out of 10 of Yuriko Shirou's sketch cards are all hag witches and her last card is unusable. These will probably be the only sketch cards she will have for this set. Would you like to see all of the hag witch sketch cards inserted in the Witchcraft sets? Please be advised that these will be the hit sketch card of the set and not a bonus sketch card. We will keep this poll open for 3 days and close the poll on Friday September 23rd at midnight EST.

The poll is on our Perna Studios Facebook Group
www.facebook.com/groups/pernastudios

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh Elaine, you're going to make me remember my Facebook password, (which I do nothing with), aren't you? Wink

Although I've been thoroughly impressed by all of the amazing 'pretty witches' sketch cards, you can't go wrong by adding a few hags! And the ones shown look amazing. Better yet, don' t add them and sell them to me instead, lol. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
No worries. The consensus is to add them to the sets. We can not afford to put them as bonus free sketch cards in sets. We are already adding 30 free bonus metal sketch cards in sets. We might sell the hag witch cards in separate sets.

I think now, it's just trying to find the best way to offer them. We do not want anyone to buy more than 8 sets. Maybe if someone wants the maximum of 8 sets and wants a hag witch card to please let us know when they order that they want one. They can not choose which artist though. This way they would know that the hag witch would be the hit sketch card of that set. That is the option we are playing with now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
No worries. The consensus is to add them to the sets. We can not afford to put them as bonus free sketch cards in sets. We are already adding 30 free bonus metal sketch cards in sets. We might sell the hag witch cards in separate sets.

I think now, it's just trying to find the best way to offer them. We do not want anyone to buy more than 8 sets. Maybe if someone wants the maximum of 8 sets and wants a hag witch card to please let us know when they order that they want one. They can not choose which artist though. This way they would know that the hag witch would be the hit sketch card of that set. That is the option we are playing with now.

Sounds good! One question/suggestion: since it sounds like the majority of folks are open to the hag sketch cards, any chance that one of the thirteen sketches gets held back from the 8 set orders, for random insertion into the remaining orders? Of course then I understand that someone ordering just one set who didn't want a hag would be majorly bummed...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:

Sounds good! One question/suggestion: since it sounds like the majority of folks are open to the hag sketch cards, any chance that one of the thirteen sketches gets held back from the 8 set orders, for random insertion into the remaining orders? Of course then I understand that someone ordering just one set who didn't want a hag would be majorly bummed...

It would add a little more confusion for us. I think we are just going to let the first 13 people (who order 1 to 8 sets) and asks to include a hag witch in their order get them. It's a lot less confusion for us and it will be easier for us to add them into the coalition of the sets as we add the sketch cards into the sets after the presale. Also, we can't make them bonus sets as we can not give anyone more than 8 sets. This is a very small release and I'm sure we will have orders for more sets than we have available.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome SP cards!! Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:

It would add a little more confusion for us. I think we are just going to let the first 13 people (who order 1 to 8 sets) and asks to include a hag witch in their order get them. It's a lot less confusion for us and it will be easier for us to add them into the coalition of the sets as we add the sketch cards into the sets after the presale. Also, we can't make them bonus sets as we can not give anyone more than 8 sets. This is a very small release and I'm sure we will have orders for more sets than we have available.

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable and fair plan.

Man, your guys inbox is really going to blow-up this time! I know that my finger is going to be hovering over the send button, LOL!! Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that the Hallowe'en Witchcraft presale is getting closer we wanted to get an opinion from the collectors. We have a few artists that drew some old hag witches on their Witchcraft sketch cards. We wanted to know if collectors would still like to see these inserted? So far there are 13 sketch cards with hags. They are very detailed sketch cards by really talented artists. The main reason we are asking is because 9 out of 10 of Yuriko Shirou's sketch cards are all hag witches and her last card is unusable. These will probably be the only sketch cards she will have for this set. Would you like to see all of the hag witch sketch cards inserted in the Witchcraft sets? Please be advised that these will be the hit sketch card of the set and not a bonus sketch card. We will keep this poll open for 3 days and close the poll on Friday September 23rd at midnight EST.

The poll is on our Perna Studios Facebook Group
www.facebook.com/groups/pernastudios

Now that the voting is over. Most people voted to keep the hag witch sketch cards as part of the set. Some people suggested to sell them separately, which is not a bad idea. However, they will be inserted in sets just like all of the other sketch cards, but we are only going to let people who want them purchase them when they place their Witchcraft order on October 2nd.

We are going to allow the first 13 people to purchase them, when they place their order on October 2nd and request a set with a hag sketch card. Unfortunately you can not choose which artist you would like and the hag sketch card will be the hit sketch card of that set.

Example if you order two sets and would like to purchase a set with a hag sketch card, one of your two sets will have a hag sketch card and the other will have a sketch card by a different artist.

The same thing will happen if you order 8 sets, one of your eight sets will have a hag sketch card and the other 7 sets will each have a sketch card by a different artist.

Only one request per order/person/household. There are 9 hag witch sketch cards by Yuriko Shirou, 2 hag witch sketch cards by Anthony Tan and two hag witch sketch cards by Israel Arteaga.

Do not worry. If you do not want a hag witch sketch card in your order, you will not get one. Only the first 13 people who actually request them with their order will receive one in one of their sets. We can not sell them as "extra" or "bonus" sets. 8 sets is the maximum anyone can buy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome detail on these! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post