Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Perna Studios Presents Hallowe'en: Witchcraft
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perna Studios Presents Hallowe'en: Witchcraft
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted
Perna Studios is very excited to announce our eighth trading card set (in the works) entitled Hallowe'en: Witchcraft (for release in October of 2016). This set will focus on witches (Halloween witches and Coven witches). If you love witches flying on brooms, stirring cauldrons, casting spells or with their cat familiars then this set is for you. This release is more of a subset to our previous Hallowe'en trading card sets. This set will also include sketch cards from some of the top artists in the industry.

This promo card art was created by artist Juri H. Chinchilla and will be available at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show in Allentown, Pennsylvania on Saturday & Sunday May 14th and 15th (at Tony and Elaine Perna's table). http://phillynon-sportscardshow.com/promos-may-16/ - This is the first promo card for our upcoming Hallowe'en: Witchcraft trading card set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
You're killing me with these GREAT sets and promo's. FANTASTIC

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Perna Studios is very excited to announce our eighth trading card set (in the works) entitled Hallowe'en: Witchcraft (for release in October of 2016). This set will focus on witches (Halloween witches and Coven witches). If you love witches flying on brooms, stirring cauldrons, casting spells or with their cat familiars then this set is for you. This release is more of a subset to our previous Hallowe'en trading card sets. This set will also include sketch cards from some of the top artists in the industry.

This promo card art was created by artist Lynne Anderson and will be available at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show in Allentown, Pennsylvania on Saturday & Sunday May 14th and 15th (at Tony and Elaine Perna's table). http://phillynon-sportscardshow.com/promos-may-16/ - This is the first promo card for our upcoming Hallowe'en: Witchcraft trading card set.

www.lynneanderson.deviantart.com or www.facebook.com/lynne.anderson.12

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
We're very happy to reveal our artist list for our Hallowe'en Witchcraft trading card set! We're excited to have these fantastic artists contributing to our set! Release date for this set is October 2016. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
YAAAS... time to start dreaming of the upcoming Hallowe'en Witchcraft set!!

Happy Dance! Dance Elephant Bouncey

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
This promo card art was drawn by artist Craig Yeung and digitally colored by artist Juri H. Chinchilla and will be available at Craig Yeung's table at the Fan Expo Canada comic convention September 1st to 4th 2016. www.fanexpocanada.com

www.csyeung.deviantart.com and www.jurithedreamer.deviantart.com

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fantastic - love this!! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Here is a preview of Amy Clark's Hallowe'en: Witchcraft sketch art cards.

www.amyclark.deviantart.com or www.facebook.com/AmyClarkArt

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Let the sketch previews begin!! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pleased to see only pretty witches are allowed Thumb Up . The hag has her place I suppose but those are the ones I usually trade away if I can find anyone who wants them!

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Pleased to see only pretty witches are allowed Thumb Up . The hag has her place I suppose but those are the ones I usually trade away if I can find anyone who wants them!

Noooo!!! Must allow equal time for the Crones and Hags, too! Halloween is supposed to be scary, Bwa-hahahahaaa!! Wink

I actually like both the hags and the pretty witches, so when the time comes, I'll be your trading partner, Triple-Frog. Wave

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:

Noooo!!! Must allow equal time for the Crones and Hags, too! Halloween is supposed to be scary, Bwa-hahahahaaa!! Wink

I actually like both the hags and the pretty witches, so when the time comes, I'll be your trading partner, Triple-Frog. Wave

Don't think you will have much chance with this set, pretty sure Tony and Elaine specified in the instructions to artists it was pretty witches only Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't think you will have much chance with this set, pretty sure Tony and Elaine specified in the instructions to artists it was pretty witches only Big Grin .

Doh! Say it ain't so, Tony and Elaine! Big Grin

Well, that's alright as I like strong, sexy, bad-*** women, too! The perfect Enchantress! I draw the line at helpless, air-headed cheesecake, though, so if I get any of those I'll be sending 'em your way, Triple-Frog. Wink

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
No hags or crones????????

It will be no wolfie's next. Big Grin

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are absolutely correct and to emphasise the point, the following message was posted on their Facebook page:

"ARTISTS WORKING ON HALLOWEEN WITCHCRAFT PLEASE READ.

Please only draw PRETTY Halloween witches with either pointed Halloween hats or PRETTY coven witches with hoods. Do not draw old ugly hag witches. These will be rejected.

Some of you are not following the guidelines and unfortunately these cards can not be used. We sent the guidelines with the sketch cards or by email for a reason. Please read them."

Some artists appear to have been ignoring the guidelines and some sketches have already been rejected. So this could be an even smaller release than usual.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Doh! Say it ain't so, Tony and Elaine! Big Grin

Well, that's alright as I like strong, sexy, bad-*** women, too! The perfect Enchantress! I draw the line at helpless, air-headed cheesecake, though, so if I get any of those I'll be sending 'em your way, Triple-Frog. Wink

We wanted a specific theme and look for this Hallowe'en set. Sometimes it is nice to have some cute and pretty as well at Hallowe'en time. Do not worry, there will be plenty of hag witches, creepy and scary stuff in our 2017 Hallowe'en set. There will also be some witches doing some pretty creepy things in this set too. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I think there may be a little confusion about the Witchcraft set. We've had a few people ask why we are making a "subset" card set without base cards. This will be pretty much a regular Perna Studios release, but with a smaller size base set.

Since this set is just based on one theme we did not want to flood the aftermarket with 1,000 sketch cards of witches. There will still be base cards, spot foil chase cards, lenticular chase cards, metal chase cards, metal sketch cards and redemption cards. The only difference with this set is there will only be 3 promo cards instead of 5, 10 base cards instead of 20 and around 500 sets instead of 750+. There will be a lot of goodies and not just a sketch card pack.

The maximum amount of sets someone can order will be 8 sets for the first 50 people (= 400 sets). Whatever amount of sets is left after that will be offered to people who would like 1 to 4 sets and who does not order the maximum.
Big Grin