Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Flo's Family Portraits (Progressive Insurance)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flo's Family Portraits (Progressive Insurance)
 Login/Join

posted
These were given to employees of Progressive Insurance. There are two additional cards Flo & Flo's mother.

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Wow, those are great! They all seem to be the actress who plays Flo in elaborate makeup a la Eddie Murphy in "Nutty Professor". Good stuff!

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's all from the latest Progressive commercial and the whole family is indeed played by the same actress. That Flo character is a gold mine for them, just as good as the GEICO gecko.

I enjoy most of their TV ads, they are very clever. Now about their insurance I have no idea. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Too funny, I had no idea there was a commercial with those characters, as we've mastered the DVR and see very, very few ads these days.
It certainly does make sense that they wouldn't go through all the trouble just to make a set of cards for their employees. I checked to see if any were available you-know-where out of curiosity and there weren't, but there were plenty of other "Flo" promo items they've made over the last few years, like bobbleheads and such, and some of that is pretty pricey, so it has been a great campaign for them. The Geico "cavemen" once got a (short-lived) weekly series, maybe there's one for Flo on the horizon, too...

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
These are pretty clever, and wish more companies did stuff like this. That said, dont think I would chase after these, Flo gives me the willies, and a whole family of Flo's gives me the heebie jeebies...

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
The actress who plays Flo was on Mad Men in the first season, if someone would ever do my dream set and make Mad Men The Complete Series, maybe she could sign?

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Her name is Stephanie Courtney, and right, she was Marge in the phone bank at Sterling Cooper during the first season.
I, too, would love a Mad Men set. As long as they could get Jon Hamm to sign, I think it'd be worth a go.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can anyone post the missing 2 cards of Flo & her mother? I'd love to see how they did Mom/

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post