Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Recent Topps Wrestling promos ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent Topps Wrestling promos ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Topps had a new WWE Raw Alexa Bliss promo at the NYCC show in October. Numbered NYCC 2

Over the past 3-4 years, Topps has had a TON of new, exclusive promo cards that appear to have been DVD inserts. For example, I've seen WWE NXT promos that seem to go up to P10

My question is, have there been any OTHER recent promos that were NOT DVD inserts ? Were there any new promos that were sent to dealers or given out at shows ?

I have seen these, but don't know of their origin:

WWE 2017 P2 (Seth Rollins)

WWE 2018 P1 (Brock Lesnar)

Does anyone know of the source of these 2 promos ? Were there any others in 2017-18 ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is actually a great topic since we will be releasing our Wrestling Almanac in the spring. I want it to be as complete as possible and I know there are DVD issues out there that aren't in Beckett's system yet. Any help or leads anyone can provide would be much appreciated. There is a Macho Man Randy Savage Heritage issue that came with a DVD apparently. I have only seen it once on eBay and never again. I would love to know more about it, as well as the Rollins, Lesnar and any others.

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All of these Best Buy or Wal Mart exclusive wrestling DVDs came with Topps cards / promos that you could not get anywhere else. I am sure that this list is FAR from complete, but these are the ones that I have seen on ebay, searching by DVD and Topps cards:

Wrestlemania 23, Summer Slam, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble; these 4 DVDs, which came out around 2007-2008, each had a pack of 4 cards, which made up a set of 16 cards total

Wrestlemania 32 (2016)

WWE Extreme Rules 2015 and 2016 (2 different)

WWE Battleground 2015 and 2016 (2 different)

WWE Fast Lane 2015 and 2016 (2 different)

WWE TLC Tables Ladders Chairs 2015

WWE Payback 2015 and 2016 (2 different)

WWE Hell in a Cell 2015

WWE Money in the Bank 2015 and 2016 (2 diff)

WWE Edge a Decade of Decadence

WWE Survivor Series 2016

WWE Clash of Champions 2016

WWE Summer Slam 2014

WWE Royal Rumble 2016

And I am SURE that there were more in 2017 and 2018. Like Dave said above, there appears to be a 10 card set in a WWE NXT DVD.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also, there appear to be a bunch of Topps WWE promos that were only available through the Topps Insider in the UK. You can see a few different ones on ebay, signed by the wrestlers

The backs clearly promote the Topps sets

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UofLHoops
posted Hide Post
I randomly found a Seth Rollins promo number P-1 and a Rey Mysterio promo number P-2, both dated 2018, but promoting Topps 2019 sets. Not sure where their origin is/was but they fit the description of the DVD release promos.

Update- I now have a Rhonda Rousey P-5 that matches the previous two, so there must be at least a P-3 and P-4 out there somewhere, if not more numbered beyond.

Update (2/24/22)- I found the P-4 which is AJ Styles

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UofLHoops,

Posts: 401 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: October 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UofLHoops
posted Hide Post
Would love to hear of any new Wrestling promos out there if anyone has seen anything recently?

Posts: 401 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: October 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have seen a Topps NXT promo P1 of Austin Aries dated 2016. Not sure where that was released.