Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Checklist for New Cryptozoic Promos ?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Checklist for New Cryptozoic Promos ?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So new question, what Fringe promo is going to be in the NSU issue?
And is the P1 that Jane got the promo Ed said was supposed to be given out at the Chicago show but said wasn't approved in time, but now Cryptozoic is now saying it was handed out?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Frankly I don't remember the woman who worked the Cryptozoic table's exact words...it was something to the effect of these were for Chicago but I have a few here. I may have made some assumptions that they WERE given out.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The NEW Walking Dead P2 and Fringe P1 have now appeared on the auction site

Starting bids for each--- $ 99.99 !!!

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Report This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Pardon me whilst i just give up in despair.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It makes me VERY cross that something that somebody got for NOTHING, probably at a show where they were lucky to get one, should be sold or attempted to be sold for this sort of money

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
The NEW Walking Dead P2 and Fringe P1 have now appeared on the auction site

Starting bids for each--- $ 99.99 !!!

I can ASSURE you those aren't mine. I didn't get The Walking Dead one..... Eek

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I also suspect that those two promos will show up again in another form of distribution....isn't there a new card show coming up in PA in June?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I really hope that these turn up in the weeks and months ahead in more quantity. In particular, I'm wondering where the Smallville P2 is, that the set checklist says was at the C2E2 show in early April.

In my opinion, if the Fringe, Vampire Diaries P5, and Walking Dead P2 turn out to be scarce, then alot of card collectors will be upset. I am somewhat relieved that the Tarzan P2 is starting to show up for auction, so I can obtain that one. I can understand the frustration that many people had with the Guild P1 promo last year, and the 3 recent Breygent GTS promos, the latter of which weren't even available to the public.

I am not opposed to card companies distributing promos at non-card related events, but they should give out the same, general release promo P1 that is also available to card collectors and dealers, and not make it an exclusive promo that most people can't reasonably obtain.

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I had to got onto the US site too see the promos that you're talking about. That's the same guy trying to sell the Vampire Diaries P5 for $50 Shake Head even though he does say he will NOT ship internationally, I'm putting him on my list of never to buy from. Asking those sort of prices is very extreme and greedy, hopefully no one will buy into that lunacy and inflate the already high prices Shake Head

And I just hope that more will be released, because I can't imagine many people can afford those prices, I sure can't.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It makes me VERY cross that something that somebody got for NOTHING, probably at a show where they were lucky to get one, should be sold or attempted to be sold for this sort of money

These are my cards.
I assume, since they are mine to do as I please with, I have the right to ask what I want for them. If this offends you, displeases you, makes you hot under the collar or does whatever to you, then just do not buy them. That is your right.
But to trash me for asking what I want for them is not right.
Because I got them for free I should give them away. If I won a lottery should I just give the money away since I got it for free. Don't be stupid.
They are worth what someone else is willing to pay. If they turn out to be the only ones avail- I think the price is too cheap. Only time will tell.

Hammer- I met you at the Philly show that you attended and thought you were an ok guy. I see that I might have been mistaken. Please do not bother to talk to me or stop by my table for those "extremely cheap" P1 promos that you loved so much.

Harris- this is why I left Card Talk last time and why I think this board is just a bunch of idiots with WAY too much time on their hands.
If the price is too high- move along. I don't see why I should have to deal with all the BS you people dish out from your high and mighty perches.

Mike.

Posts: 10 | Location: NC | Registered: April 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's trash this guy too.

Item #270963981798.
Seller jeremys-autographs-and-collectibles

He is selling the Benchwarmer Mary Riley auto card that EVERYONE at the show got FOR FREE for $150.00. He even rubbed off the personalization that the girls had to do on ALL the cards they signed as part of their deal to be at the show.

I will find more people to trash. Keep watching.

posted Hide Post
Found a Vampire Diaries P5 that sold for $44.00.
Item #280869981560.
So is my $50.00 really that out of the ballpark?
I think I know the seller and really like her, so I will not trash her.

The search continues.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
MikeG, I am truly sorry if I offended you and I didn't mean to intentionally trash you. I do take back what I said and hope that I'm not responsible for your leaving the forums again.

But, can't people be allowed to vent their feelings about card prices good or bad?. Again, I am sorry if that was aimed at you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Asking those sort of prices is very extreme and greedy, hopefully no one will buy into that lunacy and inflate the already high prices

This is not "venting your feelings about card prices" as much an attack on me and my "extreme and greedy" ways.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeG:

Hammer- I met you at the Philly show that you attended and thought you were an ok guy. I see that I might have been mistaken. Please do not bother to talk to me or stop by my table for those "extremely cheap" P1 promos that you loved so much.

Mike.

Mike

Firstly I liked you too and I wasn't having a go at you personally (I haven't looked at e-bay just commenting on this thread) as I didn't know who was selling - it's my opinion that something somebody get's for free at a show shouldn't be sold for a huge profit (not saying it shouldn't be sold and as you are a dealer you do have a slightly different stance and I appreciate your opinion too) - I would just like to see these cards at a $15 BIN price point so that collectors can get them at a reasonable price and those selling can make a gain. Obviously if you put it to auction and somebody pays $40 then that is your good fortune or if somebody pays the high BIN price then good luck. I am not trashing individuals - the worst I have said is it's makes me cross (hardly the worst kind of trashing) and it is an opinion not a world war declaration. I totally agree that they are your cards to do what you want with and you have - no need to jump on the attack, I didn't attack you personally so why attack me personally?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeG:
Found a Vampire Diaries P5 that sold for $44.00.
Item #280869981560.
So is my $50.00 really that out of the ballpark?
I think I know the seller and really like her, so I will not trash her.

The search continues.

At least be consistant with your trashing - "I like her so I won't name her!!!" At no point in my original post have I named you or anybody

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I'm locking this topic as things have taken a nasty turn.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Report This Post