Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Preview of New CBLDF Promos
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preview of New CBLDF Promos
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted
3 Promos coming soon for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund Liberty Trading Cards.

You can see them on our Facebook page here:

Cryptozoic Facebook

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Very nice, thanks for posting these, Scott! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those are some great promos!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Nice promos guys.
I can't wait to start hunting these down.
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are these the first non-sport, non gaming promos that your company has produced for any set ? Were there/are there promos for The Walking Dead, also ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

These are indeed the first. We haven't issued anything for Walking Dead yet but you should see something pretty soon.

Thanks.

Scott

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott Gaeta,

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
please keep us posted Smile !!!

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know it was said that comic stores will be getting the P1 promo for Free Comic Book Day, which is this Sat, May 7. However, I have contacted a few stores, and no one I've spoken to has received these promos

These stores are all participating in Free Comic Day, as Diamond has shipped them the free comics to give out later this week. So they have everything on hand, but no one knows anything about the promo...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I, too, called 3 comic book stores looking for the P1 promo that is supposed to be given out on Free Comic Book Day

Unfortunately, it appears that you had to specifically order them from Diamond (the distributor) and none of these guys did. So they all have a ton of the Free comics, but no one has the promos. I haven't seen any on ebay, either.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
That's a shame you can't find them David and Tommy. I hope some stores ordered them.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I haven't seen any on ebay, either.

Why would they be on eBay at this point? Isn't FCBD this coming weekend?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the past I have noticed that some comic stores will put the Free Comics on ebay a few days before the Free Comic Day, which they are not supposed to do. They could probably get in trouble with Diamond for doing that. Plus, if a fan wants these comics and there are no stores where they live, I guess ebay is their only means of obtaining the supposedly free comics and cards

Perhaps Scott can help us. Scott, how come stores are not getting the P1 promo ? Can you find out for us who the stores can contact to get them ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, here is what Diamond told me

David, Diamond Comic Distributors sent 1,000 of these packs out. 1 pack went to each of the top 500 stores from each distribution center that it participating in FCBD. If your store did not see these on its invoice, it must have not met this criteria.

So does this mean that only 1000 promos exist and each store that qualified received just ONE promo ? Frown

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
David, I cannot imagine just 1 promo per store. Something must be wrong with that information, at least I hope so! Smile

I will be going to FCBD here close to my house and will ask the owner if he knows anything about them..... And if they have some, I will grab what I can... Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I called a comic store in Los Angeles and the girl told me that they had a pack of 50 on the counter. But they could only give them to me if I showed up in person

Also found a store in Illinois which has them

Seems like only the BIG stores received the promos

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found a comic store who was willing to send me 2 of the P1 promos he received, if I purchased a comic. Just sent him a Paypal and the cards are on the way. Yay !

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Here's the correct info. The Free Comic Book Day promo was sent in packs of 25 to the top 1,000 participating Diamond accounts. If they buy trading cards from Diamond that should have weighed in their favor.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Scott

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Thanks for posting the correct information. 25,000 makes more sense than 1,000 promos, especially for an event this wide spread.

David R, I just got a response from my local comic shop. He did not receive any, but now that he knows about the promo, he is trying to get it.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
picked up the card - scans later ... P1

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
My store didn't have any, and a friend of mine who goes to the largest store in the city was also told that they didn't get any. Guess no comic stores in town buy enough cards Confused

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post