Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Mystery Science Theater 3000
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mystery Science Theater 3000
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
So far I have seen promos # 2, 3 and 8

Are there others ?

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Yes - the three I was sent are 3, 5, and 8 so there are at least four of them out there Smile

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I received #1, 5, and 8.

LLAP

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There will be 9 different. I guess the company sent out 3 random ones with each request

As always, if you do the Kickstarter, you will get the set of 9 promos

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened two more NSUs and pulled # 3 and 7

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are 9 different. All 9 different were sent to NSU for inclusion (one per issue). Distribution of all 9 in NSU was perfectly even (so odds of getting any one specific MST3K promo card are all the same). Yes, 3 random promo cards were sent to those requesting through the Facebook MST3K fan pages.

Posts: 45 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were 2 at SDCC, Promo 1 and 2

Manos the Hands of Fate, and Night of the Blood Beast

These appear to be different from the 9 ones in NSU...

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are the 2 ones seen at SDCC the same as the ones in the brand new NSU ?

I thought that someone said that the ones in NSU say NSU Promo on them. I don't think that the SDCC ones say that on the backs

I haven't picked up my copies of NSU yet

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
1,2,3,4 were on the uncut sheet.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have also seen you know where promos 1 and 2 that said they were given out at SDCC, and some dealers had them for sale. I don't think they said NSU Promo on the backs

These are the new poster ones, not the ones previously released which showed scenes from the TV show

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Many times in the past I've seen people selling cards on line claiming they were from Con but were not.
Frown

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone cut up one of the uncut sheets to make promos. It's been done before.

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
That was my thought too, but wouldn't we see all 4 cards if that was the case? I wish Richard would chime in on this topic.

Posts: 283 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see an NSU Promo 1 that is Robot Holocaust

But I now see an auction for what is called the San Diego promo of Manos, and the back says NSU Promo 2

Is Night of the Blood Beast NSU promo 4 ?

The reason I ask is because I see some people offering the Manos and the Blood Beast as "2 card promo sets" from SDCC but it seems as if they are really NSU promos # 2 and 4, so not really SETS

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I got NSU promo 1 (Robot Holocaust) in my subscription copy. Many thanks to Richard!!

Posts: 2235 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I just got a pair of the MST3K "SDCC Promos" (P1 & P2) and they do not say NSU on the back. They are simply numbered Promo Card 2 (Manos the Hand of Fate) and Promo Card 1 (Night of the Blood Beast) on the back. I haven't seen any of the NSU ones in person yet, as I'm still waiting for my issue to arrive. The hunt goes on...

(Corrected the card numbers)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aeolus14ummbra,

Posts: 283 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So it seems like the 2 SDCC promos are not the same as the 4 NSU ones, because the SDCC Manos is promo 1 and the Manos from NSU is NSU promo 2

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Is Night of the Blood Beast NSU promo 4 ?

The reason I ask is because I see some people offering the Manos and the Blood Beast as "2 card promo sets" from SDCC but it seems as if they are really NSU promos # 2 and 4, so not really SETS

Yes, Night of the Blood Beast was in my NSU copy and it clearly says "NSU promo card 4" on the back. There were 4 different Mystery Science NSU promos available in the current mag and I guess you might want all of them as a group, but not really called a set.

Don't know why you said 9 Mystery Science 3000 promos in your other post, unless you are counting ones that were included in an earlier NSU issue. This Aug/Sept issue has NSU 1 - 4 only.

Posts: 10354 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, at the time of the earlier post I did not realize that the latest NSU had 4 new promos in it. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Sorry, at the time of the earlier post I did not realize that the latest NSU had 4 new promos in it. Smile

My bad, you couldn't unless you were clairvoyant. Big Grin

Posts: 10354 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post