Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Twilight Breaking Dawn Sneak Peak card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Breaking Dawn Sneak Peak card
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I have seen all over the auction sites a card for the new Twilight movie which says "for promotional purposes only" on the back, a so-called Sneak Peak card

It promotes the film, not a card set. Anyone know if its legit, or is it just like those tons of other Twilight promos from a few years back, that someone printed down his basement (NOT the convention ones, which are actual promos)

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dru'sgarden
posted Hide Post
Really wish you'd posted a link to it, cuz I didn't think there were cards for Breaking Dawn.

Posts: 495 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I saw this card a few weeks back on Ebay as well and wondered if it was real or a "fan made" card. I never really got the answer, but the card does say Summit Entertainment on the back, so I suspect it might be real. The seller of this auction also implies that the card is from Brazil, so maybe it was an exclusive for that market.

If someone does actually get one of these, we would love the hear if it is standard sized, etc.

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Suddenly the seller has another 8 - was tempted but $15 postage Shake Head An advert for another one from Australia states "Standard size trading card"

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is Summit the company that produces the legit Twilight cards that were given away at San Diego and the other shows in the past, or is it the company that does those Fan Club promos, of which there are a zillion different ones ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Is Summit the company that produces the legit Twilight cards that were given away at San Diego and the other shows in the past, or is it the company that does those Fan Club promos, of which there are a zillion different ones ?

Summit has done the SD Comic Con promo packs plus the soundtrack promos.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to question whether Summit really created these cards or not, there is another Twilight Promo on Ebay called "Wedding Album".

The back of the card does say Promotional, and Summit. The description even implies that there is a set of cards coming...

I'll post the pictures from Ebay shortly. Just have to get them to a hosting site.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Here are the images of the Wedding Album card:

Front:

Back:

While working on this, I saw another probable unlicensed card as well. It too says Summit on the back.

Front:

Back:

If these are not licensed cards, I guess Summit must have a closed eye to this type of material.

Mike.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
These Breaking Dawn cards look great but I am very suspect of their origins (like Mike T & others)

The loads of slick handmade knock-off Twilight cards have made lots of money. No reason to think that will change anytime soon!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see more promos on ebay, P1-P5, with Summit logos on the front and they are being sold by a reputable card dealer who has 1,000 other non-Twilight, non sport promos for sale. So are they real or not ?