Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYCC Exclusives
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
The New York Comic Con is Oct 4-7

Cryptozoic sent around an email with a list of new, exclusive products at the show

Outlander 3 costume cards CE4 and CE5, available for sale for $ 25 each. Each limited to 299

Cryptkins and Rick and Morty exclusive packs, for $ 5 each. Unclear if these are the same ones as they had an San Diego in July. The former supposedly has 2 promos in each pack. Again, are these the same as the SDCC promos ? Who knows ?

Plus, a bunch of new figurines/statues, a DC Comics gaming set (with gaming promos), and a Rick and Morty game, as well

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Cryptozoic sent around an email with a list of new, exclusive products at the show

Outlander 3 costume cards CE4 and CE5, available for sale for $ 25 each. Each limited to 299

Note the wording: pieces of fabrics used in the production of costumes.

To me that means not from show worn costumes.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Note the wording: pieces of fabrics used in the production of costumes.

To me that means not from show worn costumes.

Most likely. Wonder if it is scraps left over from when they made the costume or an extra bolt of fabric that was laying around.

Kind of like the new source material cards in Star Wars releases. They are from the same material but as far as we know were never on set.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have seen these so far.

Rick and Morty Series 2 P1

Cryptkins P16

Star Wars NYCC 1 (Topps)

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There also appears to be a Han Solo and Lando card by Topps, shows a scene from the recent film, but I'm not sure what the back depicts

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, it looks like Topps had 4 promos at the show, numbered NYCC 1 to NYCC 4

NYCC 1 was Star Wars

NYCC 2 was Topps WWE Raw, Alexa Bliss

NYCC 3 was Garbage Pail Kids, Jack Lagoon

NYCC 4 was Stranger Things

And there were also exclusive Stranger Things/ Garbage Pail Kids crossover cards and stickers there, also

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also at NYCC, some might consider these to be promos...

For Garbage Pail Kids / Stranger Things aka "Stranger Kids", there were 4 bonus cards numbered 1 of 4 to 4 of 4, which advertise the card set that was released

Apparently these 4 cards were available 1 per day, and you had to purchase from Topps, at their booth, the Stranger Kids card sets A and B, to get a bonus card/promo. So I guess you had to buy the card sets 4 times (each of the 4 days) to get all 4 bonus cards

I have seen sets of the 4 bonus cards on ebay--for $ 250. Frown