This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/4107076236

August 06, 2013, 10:20 AM
David R
James Bond Autos and Relics
The P1 promo for this RA set is out, sent to dealers. Shows Daniel Craig
August 07, 2013, 03:10 PM
Mister E.
Also up on the Rittenhouse Archives web-site for us collectors.

September 20, 2013, 10:19 AM
David R
P1-- general release; has been out for awhile

P2-- Philly show

P3-- binder

P4-- Other fall 2013 shows; I wonder where ???

P5-- UK exclusive; I wonder where ???
October 08, 2013, 09:35 AM
David R
Has anyone seen P4 or P5 yet ?
October 08, 2013, 12:33 PM
wolfie
I've seen them both for sale on ebay but have not seen them anywhere being given out to collectors.

October 08, 2013, 02:13 PM
David R
I see P5 from a UK dealer, in the location you mentioned

I see just one P4, but not an active auction...
October 09, 2013, 04:37 PM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I've seen them both for sale on ebay but have not seen them anywhere being given out to collectors.

Some P5's are being given away with a box of cards - It's an incentive card going to people who are buying the product. P1,2 and 4 have gone to general public P3 & 5 are incentives. If you are collecting the set you can get a P3 by buying the binder and a P5 by buying a box of cards from a dealer who has them. Why should people not collecting the set get these cards? PS I am NOT collecting the set!!
October 10, 2013, 05:29 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

P1,2 and 4 have gone to general public P3 & 5 are incentives.

Yes this brings up that old chestnut of what is a promo, if the P3 and P5 are incentives then they are not promos so why number them as such.

October 10, 2013, 06:52 AM
Card Owner
As a UK dealer we offer the P5 with any order of a sealed box, binder, case etc.

This give more value to customers buying from a UK seller and helps UK dealers to secure more sales as opposed to buyers looking to buy from outside the EU to save on taxes etc.

It is therefore a kind of incentive but at least it is offered for free with certain products as opposed to being sold off separately.

Unfortunately EU sellers cannot really compete with US dealers due to the shipping, taxes etc. that have to be paid on importing the products.
October 10, 2013, 10:20 AM
David R
Again, does anyone know what show P4 was at or will be at ? I've seen just one up for auction
October 16, 2013, 09:58 AM
Tommy C
Dave, a dealer told me the P4 was at the GTS Northeast show on Sept 12
October 21, 2013, 03:57 PM
David R
Just curious, has anyone here on Card Talk come across a Bond P4 promo for themselves ? I've only seen the 2 up for auction "you know where" by the same seller. I don't know of anyone who has managed to pick one up.
October 22, 2013, 10:24 AM
Tommy C
Dave, a P4 sold yesterday on that auction site for $ 50 !!! I, as well, have only seen that one, plus the one from the same dealer which sold 2 weeks ago for $ 16
October 22, 2013, 11:52 AM
wolfie
What sort of person pays $50 for a standard promo card of which Rittenhouse must have had thousands printed and just not decided where to put them out yet.

I really must start selling things. Big Grin

October 23, 2013, 09:58 AM
Tommy C
Well, occasionally you get a tough, recent promo.

Case in point, the Valiant CP1 by Rittenhouse that came out in June. Only 3-4 appeared on ebay back in the summer, that sold for $10-25 each. Rittenhouse claims that they did not have any, that ALL were sent to the comic distributor to give out at ONE show, Heroes Con. I haven't seen any on ebay since the summer

Or how about the recent Witchblade promo by Breygent exclusive to that August Canadian Expo show ? Is that not worth $ 20 ? Breygent says that they don't have any left, and only ONE dealer had them at the Expo show, and he claims that he gave them all out. I have seen a half dozen on ebay over the past two months, all from one dealer (I think) with starting bids of $ 25. How else can one reasonably obtain this promo if only one person has them available ?
September 26, 2014, 08:44 AM
X
Well it took nearly a year of waiting but I finally got a P4 for a tenner. More than a promo should cost IMO but they're this one just doesn't come up cheaper and I wasn't paying £20+

Still having a nightmare finding Bond 50th Anniversary Series 1 P2.

Never known such tricky RA promos in recent years!
September 26, 2014, 09:52 AM
Tommy C
There have been a few tough Rittenhouse promos in recent years. That Bond P4, the Valiant CP1. And what about that Star Trek P4 from a few years ago that was only available from RA through their Facebook offer ? Not sure if many of those show up anymore.
September 26, 2014, 11:47 AM
WOMBLE
quote:
Originally posted by X:

........Still having a nightmare finding Bond 50th Anniversary Series 1 P2.

Have you checked with Rittenhouse whether their offer is still good?
https://www.facebook.com/Ritte...2429/?type=1&theater
September 26, 2014, 11:53 AM
X
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

........Still having a nightmare finding Bond 50th Anniversary Series 1 P2.

Have you checked with Rittenhouse whether their offer is still good?
https://www.facebook.com/Ritte...2429/?type=1&theater

I only found out about the FB offer way too late to make use of it. Annoyingly, for my sins, I have an account as well!

I emailed RA just the other week - they said they don't have any left. But thanks for trying to help WOMBLE. Appreciated.
September 29, 2014, 02:55 PM
BILLZEE
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
There have been a few tough Rittenhouse promos in recent years. That Bond P4, the Valiant CP1. And what about that Star Trek P4 from a few years ago that was only available from RA through their Facebook offer ? Not sure if many of those show up anymore.

Totally agree that there are some tough to get RA promos through the years. Wish I had bought the NSU variant with the 007 Jaws P5 promo in it.
Now that issue is a sellout. Happily I won the Valiant CP1 in a drawing - never was easily available. Current NSU guide value on that card is $3 (!) which does not reflect its scarcity.