Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Wars: Droid Tales DVD at Walmart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: Droid Tales DVD at Walmart
 Login/Join

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted
I was in Walmart today and noticed that the dvds for the Star Wars: Droid Tales that came out this week have a sticker on them stating that each dvd has a card set inside. It also mentioned collecting all three sets. This was in Canada, so I don't know if the US Walmarts have them as well. I didn't pick up the dvd yet, so I can't say what the cards look like but I imagine that the images are likely taken from the episodes on the disc (the show being done in the Lego style).

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This is a 9 card set and you do not get all 9 cards in the dvd, multi purchases are required.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, a pack of 3 in each DVD, 3 different packs total, and no way of telling what you're getting until you buy and open the DVD. Frown

Posts: 4011 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are at Target, also, but beware of the regular version that does NOT have the cards

Posts: 4011 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
The dvds with trading cards are clearly marked on the front:
"DVD + free exclusive trading cards"

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have seen 9 open DVDs so far:

6 had the Jedi pack

3 had the Darth Vader pack

Have not seen the third pack, of C3PO / R2D2, Luke and the Emperor

I've been to several Targets, and the stores have each had 3-4 DVDs only. So these are not plentiful

Posts: 4719 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I actually forgot about this and finally picked up the dvd today. Inside was the pack with the Luke, Emperor and R2/Threepio cards. Made by Topps, so the cards are nice but I'm not going to buy more copies of the dvd to get the other two sets.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
About a week or so after the DVD release, a bunch of the 3 different packs started to appear "you know where", so they ARE showing up...

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Anyone looking to put a set together?

I'm needing a Jedi pack.

Have a Luke pack and a Vader pack I can trade.

Collation was hit and miss. But today I had 4 DVDs and they all had the Luke pack. Luckily I needed that one, but I think I'm done chasing. Finish off 1 more set and call it good.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ed, I wish we had spoken a month ago when I had 6 of the Jedi packs, but I returned all but 1 of them to Target !

The Luke/C3P0 pack was the last one that I needed, but I found it

Posts: 4719 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Ed, I wish we had spoken a month ago when I had 6 of the Jedi packs, but I returned all but 1 of them to Target !

The Luke/C3P0 pack was the last one that I needed, but I found it

I'm really surprised that Target would take them back opened. Here they are only returnable for the same item in exchange. Taking back an open product that didn't have the cards you wanted seems strange to me...

I know I'm late to the party, but I started when Target marked them down from 19.99 to 14.99.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In most instances, they will only take them back if they are defective. Conveniently, none of the 6 seemed to work in my DVD player. Perhaps they would have worked, had they contained different packs of cards ?

In any event, Target received their DVDs back, with the cards, and I was given a full refund. It all worked out in the end. Smile