Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Monster Times
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:

I received this card, as well as the others, too.
I like the retro look of it.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy: I received this card, as well as the others, too.

How did you receive them?

From a subscription? An order?

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy: I received this card, as well as the others, too.

How did you receive them?

From a subscription? An order?

Mail away offer.
Check out RRParksCards.com

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What "others" did you receive ?

I received the 3 Stooges and the Monster Gags P2 and P3

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In addition to Monster Times I received
Chronicles of the THREE STOOGES
Promos 1-4 - The WRAPPER Exclusives
Seen here Three Stooges Promos

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EriktheArchitect,

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
Hello fellow collectors -- There is currently only one The Monster Times retro style promo card. I'll be creating a second The Monster Times promo card to distribute with retail boxes of CHRONICLES OF THE THREE STOOGES series two (due out this Christmas) and will also make it available, free, to those sending a SASE.
Am glad to see people are liking the 'retro' look ... when I published The Monster Times cards that was part of the deal I worked out with Larry Brill (original publisher/owner of The Monster Times tabloid of the 1970s) that the series would be created in a 'retro style' format ... partly wanting the cards to look like the same vintage/era as the original tabloids and ALSO because I'm a real fan of the old school kraft/newsback cards of the 1960s and 1970s. Designing the cards was a lot of fun and Larry Brill really liked how they came out ... and the extensive interview done with Larry Brill for the card backs was a blast.
Yer fellow collector and fan,
Richard Parks
RRParksCARDS

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
Available free by SASE (and included with orders while supplies last... and in some boxes of series one Chronicles of The Three Stooges). Most of the retro style The Monster Times promo cards are distributed... have some left, but going fast.
Richard Parks
RRParksCARDS

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard. The Retro cardboard style is the best.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The boxed set of this contains an exclusive Halloween promo #1 not available anywhere else

Halloween promo #2 will be available in the future for a SASE

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They also now have Monster Times promos 1 to 4, different from the earlier P1