Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Grimm GTS promo (Breygent)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grimm GTS promo (Breygent)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone going to the GTS Open House in Allentown, PA, on April 19 ? Breygent will have an exclusive Grimm promo there, different from the Philly one. See the post above re: the Philly promos.

Anyone live near Allentown ? Smile

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
If I known about it before I would have left UK on Wednesday Big Grin If anybody has a spare at the show on Saturday, throw one my way PLEASE

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
This may only be open to GTS customers, who would likely be sports card store owners, comic book store owners, and other retailers of trading cards. In other words, it would be for retailers.

Tom may come by and correct me if I'm wrong.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris, isn't the comic book store that you run on the side a customer of GTS ? Smile

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did a little detective work. I contacted GTS and they told me that the event was only open to retailers. However, they promised to email me a list of NJ retailers who were attending, and suggested that I contact them, to try to get the promo. We'll see what happens...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello David, Mike and all you promo collectors.

Have no fear, I will be in attendance at the GTS open house tomorrow.
So, I will have this promo card available at the Philly Non Sports card show this weekend. Please stop by my tables and inquire. Please come early as I have no idea how many i can pick up.

Posts: 15 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
what is GTS stand for?

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Artist:
what is GTS stand for?

That's what the company became when GAMUS and Talking Sports distributors merged. And to go back further GAMUS stood for Georgia Music way back when I started doing business with them 14 years ago.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A friend of a friend attended the show, and he said there were actually THREE promos there: Grimm, Dead World, and Warlord of Mars

He said that 2 (not sure which) were numbered to 125 and that they were ALL very tough to get

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Oh dear, that's not good to know. Shake Head

All I really want is the Grimm promo Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Supposedly all 3 promos have the GTS logo on the back.

Haven't seen any on the auction sites yet...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I didn't think of confirming the logo when I spoke with GTS yesterday, but it's true that they had those three promos Tommy.

Haven't seen any on Ebay yet, either.

I was hoping to have complete promo sets of Warlord of Mars and Grimm. This knocks the wind out of my sails. It's like, why bother even starting.

I don't usually buy TV/Movie sets, but when I do, I want most chase and all promos.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
This knocks the wind out of my sails. It's like, why bother even starting.

That's how I feel about collecting sets.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I agree with you guys about "knocks the wind out of my sails", and also knocking the wind out of the card sales. I was really interested in half a dozen of some recent sets, and even started collecting a couple of them, but then I found out some of the cards needed to complete them were so limited it would be almost impossible to find (or afford) them. So I just gave up on the two I started and never even tried collecting the others.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are now up for auction "you know where"

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
These are now up for auction "you know where"

I know, and I use to stand a chance of winning them, lol.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Just great, US only, so I can't even try and bid on it Shake Head

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Juelle, I would look again...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks David for the tip!!!

Just bought one, YAY Clap Big Grin

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
A friend of a friend attended the show, and he said there were actually THREE promos there: Grimm, Dead World, and Warlord of Mars

He said that 2 (not sure which) were numbered to 125 and that they were ALL very tough to get

It seems the Deadworld and Warlord of Mars are numbered to 125. The Grimm promo is more.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post