Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2015 promos ???
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My friend went to the booth of the fellow giving out the Cryptozoic promos. The guy had the new Fringe p1, p2, p4 but no p3, and he had the DC Villains / Batman p2 and p3

Anyone find a Fringe P3 ?

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Leaf was there (near booth 4730) and that's where the Benchwarmer girls were. There was a Benchwarmers cosplay set made for the show ($20 for a 9 card set I think) and there were also promo cards being given out at the booth.

Gentle Giant had 3 cards (at least that's all I saw on Saturday). (Will post photos later). Done in the Star Wars blue border design, the back of the card indicates it's a raffle card to buy some of their exclusives.

I did not get a Fringe P3 either.

Fx also had cards they were giving out. 9 cards in the set I think. The Fx area was outside of the convention center, open to the public. Some of the cards were just handed out, others (Fargo, American Horror Story, The Strain, Bates Motel) required going through the "fan experience" for the particular show.
Topps was handing out a promo card for their Star Wars Trader app.
Artist Hannah Lynn (in the dealer area between Tom Wright and Tony Sacarello's booths) was also giving out an exclusive promo card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WandringRebel,

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Panini is giving out cards Dragonball Z and sticker books Spiderman and Frozen.

Marvel has Guardians of the Galaxy Disney XD promo card packs at the booth

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NL,

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw images of DC themed tarot cards that were given out at the DC Comics booth today. I think the person was holding up Joker and Harley cards. Not sure if there were any others, they were closer to widevision sized cards.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Besides the 9 Benchwarmer Cosplay cards which you could buy, were there really also 9 different BW cards given out at SDCC ? I have seen just 5 so far

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I got the regular 5 card Benchwarmer promo set at the Leaf booth on Thursday (all were on the counter at the same time) and there was also the (unsigned) autograph card #4 available with those. I think there were 4 autograph cards, and if so, that would make 9 in all.

Those autograph cards were apparently being signed at the Diamond Previews booth during the show. I went by that booth a few times on Thursday and Sunday (my only days in San Diego), but never saw any of the models signing there.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I got the regular 5 card Benchwarmer promo set at the Leaf booth on Thursday (all were on the counter at the same time) and there was also the (unsigned) autograph card #4 available with those. I think there were 4 autograph cards, and if so, that would make 9 in all.

Those autograph cards were apparently being signed at the Diamond Previews booth during the show. I went by that booth a few times on Thursday and Sunday (my only days in San Diego), but never saw any of the models signing there.

At one point on Friday I went past the Leaf booth and there was a sign about the times for the Benchwarmers autograph sessions. I got the impression that the signings were taking place at the Leaf booth.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Benchwarmer told me that there were indeed 4 autos at the show, A1 to A4, but so far I have seen just 2

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
just talked to Topps Online.... they are printing to Order for the SDCC Star Wars 5x7 sets.... (REPRINTS) or 2nd print if you prefer.....

Not ordering any more..........

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
P.S. if you want em...us this code at checkout for 15% off

15OFFJULY

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the code!
Very nice of you to share Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
no worries....

it will take up to 2 weeks to get them even w/ 2 day shipping....

Topps is Printing these to order....

No way to tell 2nd Edition from the 1st run....

done w/ Topps......

Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
just talked to Topps Online.... they are printing to Order for the SDCC Star Wars 5x7 sets....

That is odd. Topps SW Facebook page shows:
"The remaining stock of SDCC exclusives are on-sale now.."

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
no worries....

done w/ Topps......

They told you they were a second print run or are you assuming that? They showed pictures online from the end of the show showing what was leftover and would be offered online.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:
quote:
just talked to Topps Online.... they are printing to Order for the SDCC Star Wars 5x7 sets....

I guess I am naïve here but if an item, be it product or promo, is labeled as a Con exclusive by the manufacturer, doesn't that mean it will not be sold outside that venue by the manufacturer? I am not talking about secondary market sellers, because everything will hit that as soon as it comes out.

I mean if Topps had SDCC exclusives advertised, can they just sell them somewhere else if the inventory did not blowout at the show? I would think not, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
no worries....

done w/ Topps......

They told you they were a second print run or are you assuming that? They showed pictures online from the end of the show showing what was leftover and would be offered online.

I was Told They ARE NOT IN STOCK & WERE BEING PRINTED TO ORDER..... by A Topps Online Customer Service Rep......

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
quote:

I guess I am naïve here but if an item, be it product or promo, is labeled as a Con exclusive by the manufacturer, doesn't that mean it will not be sold outside that venue by the manufacturer? I am not talking about secondary market sellers, because everything will hit that as soon as it comes out.

I mean if Topps had SDCC exclusives advertised, can they just sell them somewhere else if the inventory did not blowout at the show? I would think not, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

CRYPTOZOIC EXCLUSIVES From the Lehigh Comic Con were given out @ SDCC ....

EXCLUSIVE....."You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means”

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
LOL Big Grin Well I'm not using the word "Exclusive" they are, but clearly you must be right, my meaning is not the manufacturers meaning.

If something is advertised as being exclusively sold or handed out in one venue to my mind production is limited to that place or event. Usually everything disappears anyway, but if there happens to be significant leftover inventory and the same manufacturer sells it or gives it away somewhere else, does that not mean that it was not really exclusive after all?

It's a word. You could say that I don't understand what it means, but I might say that they don't know what it means. Wink

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
quote:

CRYPTOZOIC EXCLUSIVES From the Lehigh Comic Con were given out @ SDCC ....

EXCLUSIVE....."You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means”

Hey Kryten67:

Can you point out where it said those cards were exclusive to Lehigh Comic Con? As you are aware, I was the one handing one of those out and we never said they were exclusive so I'd be curious to see your info/link. Perhaps Cryptozoic said it but I don't think so. Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was Told They ARE NOT IN STOCK & WERE BEING PRINTED TO ORDER..... by A Topps Online Customer Service Rep......

Okay, maybe you were, but the folks who actually handle the line are saying differently. But it looks like you might already know that.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post