Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2015 promos ???
 Login/Join

posted
any word on any promos for SDCC 2015 - no need for Topps info as they are a petty pathetic company but any other info would be helpful

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have heard 2 things:

Artist Virva Peikko will have her P4 promo. She previously had P1-P3 and P5 awhile back

Also, some may not consider this to be a promo, but Ken Thomas (Lazy Bones) will have a metal card of Anne Frankenstein limited to 50 or so

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Tommy,

What is her booth location? I will not be at the CC but I have someone going there.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like Upper Deck will have exclusive cards to purchase (not promos) including stuff for Marvel Comics and Hello Kitty

Check out the SDCC website

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Virva told my friend that her promos will be at the DKE Toys booth Thurs to Sun, and that she will be walking around handing them out, too

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there will be new Dexter and Bates Motel promos at SDCC

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
This article on EW mentions that FX will release 7 different promo cards at SDCC. They'll be for Archer, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, The ******* Executioner and The Strain. And they'll debut cards for American Horror Story: Hotel and Fargo.
All cards are designed by Martin Ansin.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monkeyafterdark:
This article on EW mentions that FX will release 7 different promo cards at SDCC. They'll be for Archer, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, The ******* Executioner and The Strain. And they'll debut cards for American Horror Story: Hotel and Fargo.
All cards are designed by Martin Ansin.

Awesome, I love Martin Ansin. It does sound like you have to do the offsite event though, and I normally skip those, but maybe I can make an exception. I did follow people around the Gaslamp for three days to get a set of The World's End cards, after all.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Looks like there will be new Dexter and Bates Motel promos at SDCC

So I see Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have a story on the NSU blog today about Diamond Comic's plans for Comic-Con. They'll have Bench Warmer girls at their booth (Raquel Pomplun, Malorie Mackey, and Pamela Horton)- perhaps they'll have some exclusive promos? Honestly, I don't know but it's worth checking out, especially if you're already at Comic-Con.

Diamond Comic Distributors Announces Comic-Con Plans

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Anything from Topps this year? or Walking Dead?

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
No Cryptozoic on the exhibitor list. Doesn't mean there won't be WD Stuff. I imagine there will be a push for the spinoff.

As for Topps. They'll have a 10 card oversized Star Wars set:

quote:
Each set will have 10 oversized cards featuring classic Star Wars characters on iconic Topps designs for $20. Find us at Booth 2913-J.

With luck Topps will have some surprises, or leftovers from Celebration maybe.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Topps Star Wars Galactic Connexions trading discs will debut at the show.
They will give away an exclusive Galactic Connexions disc.

There will also be an exclusive digital card giveaway for SDCC attendees.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Nothing from Rittenhouse, Steve just posted this on the RA board:

quote:
I regret that we completely lost track of making special promos for the SDCC this year. Not many of you may know, but there was a flood in our old office building at the end of the winter, and we had to move to a new office. This move took up so much of our time and attention that we simply forgot to work on these promos. Next year....

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Upper Deck has announced a six-card Avengers series. Each card has an embedded patch. They look really nice. They're priced at $20 each and they're limiting sales to 150 each day. Buy 5 and get the 6th card free so the set is $100.00.

They've also announced a Hello Kitty set of dog tags that come with oversized cards.

See those details here:

UPPER DECK OFFERS UP COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVES FOR MARVEL & HELLO KITTY!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Not much of a list for free promos. Guess I'm on my own this year. Good luck all.
Ace Roll Eyes

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Marco has 5 new promos at the 258 West Authentic booth #5639.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ogopogo Press, Booth P12, will have the Crypto DC Villains and Fringe promos from the recent comic show in PA, that were discussed below !

Plus they will have ones for Arrow and Penny Dreadful. More info on Facebook

Looks like 4 total for Fringe, 2 for Penny Dreadful, 1 Arrow, and the DC Villains P2 and P3

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What booth is Diamond at ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
According to Topps, the Lando #1 comic they're handing out at the Marvel booth with the blue card frame and Randy Martinez art, has a SW: Journey to the Force Awakens promo in it.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post