Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharknado (RRParks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
There are 3 promos on this upcoming card set, 1 of which was given out at the SDCC.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RRParks has said that the other 2 promos will be through NSU and The Wrapper magazine

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
***Engage humour mode***

I wonder how much RRParks are getting paid to release this set Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of people will have a good laugh at this. As they have since day one regarding the movie. But it has become such a mainstream cult phenomenon (to coin a phrase) that I think he will do VERY well with these. I’ll be buying some!

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Me too what a fun release! Why are the Brits so bitter?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fun set ! I made my Kickstarter pledge towards this.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Me too what a fun release! Why are the Brits so bitter?
Did you not read my opening line ?

***Engage humour mode***

Or spot the big smiley at the end ? It was meant to be taken as a joke, nothing bitter even given a thought.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did and thought I had some tongue in cheek humor in mine. My apologies if I offended you in anyway.

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevins:
I did and thought I had some tongue in cheek humor in mine. My apologies if I offended you in anyway.
Not you Kevins, I was addressing Batman and his 'Why are the Brits so bitter?' comment Smile

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have many friends over your way it was also meant to be, as you put it, a bit cheeky! Relax!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Bitter is best served as a pint....cheers. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think the Brits are on edge because they have not gotten over the Sharknado of summer 2017. Hopefully the rebuild of Buckingham Palace and Stonehenge is going well so you don’t have to see all the constant reminders and can just move on.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promo P3 is in the new NSU, the Aug/Sept issue

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
***Engage humour mode***

I wonder how much RRParks are getting paid to release this set Big Grin
.... I'm getting paid one million kajillion dollars ... r-i-i-i-i-ght! Although being paid 'fat stacks of cash' (a little FB 'humor' there) I'm having a lot of fun. Both the producers (David Latt and David Garber) have been extremely helpful and encouraging... director Anthony Ferrante called me with his best wishes and is also providing personal assistance with some tricker bits of creating this card series ... and writer Thunder Levin emailed me yesterday and he, too, is excited I'm doing this project and has also offered to help. EVERYONE involved with the production, direction and writing of the Sharknado movies has been super supportive and responsive. They sent me a HUGE pair of parcels containing genuine movie props and costumes for the relic and wardrobe cards... including a 6' bloody rubber shark from Sharknado 3 so I can create relic cards so collectors can own an actual piece of THE Sharknado itself. The series is all designed and mapped, going through some approval processes with licensing, and I've got some of the BEST (subjective... but in MY opinion the BEST) sketch card artists on board ... many of whom were on MST3K Series One for me and also on MST3K Series Two that's coming up. I recognize some names here as backers on the Kickstarter -- my sincere thanks to you guys for your support. Not easy building a card company these days and any and all support is much appreciated (and to those who have backed my past Kickstarters, not just appreciated but rewarded with gratitude).

Posts: 45 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
RRParks has said that the other 2 promos will be through NSU and The Wrapper magazine

Correct... there's a promo for the SDCC, a promo for The Wrapper, and a promo for NSU. Three different promos forming a Sharknado puzzle. I've also held back a small stack of each so Sharknado master set backers on Kickstarter can have a full set of them. Seems only right.

Posts: 45 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
Congrats on passing $13,000 on Kickstarter... and still 5 days to go!

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
It's now passed over $15,000 and still has two hours to go!

Closing on Kickstarter

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post