Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Guardians of the Galaxy Wal Mart underwear cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/3597038586

March 14, 2017, 09:13 AM
Tommy C
Guardians of the Galaxy Wal Mart underwear cards
Packs of Hanes underwear at Wal Mart contain packs of Guardians Series 2 cards by Upper Deck

These are apparently just common cards from a Wal Mart exclusive card set for Guardians. In other words, the cards are not exclusive to the undies. You can or will be able to get these in packs elsewhere, but only at Wal Mart
March 14, 2017, 06:04 PM
BILLZEE
Thanks for the clarification. I will skip'em now...
March 14, 2017, 11:23 PM
lag30240

Didn't realize it would be this big
March 15, 2017, 11:18 AM
Tommy C
Yes, so to clarify, Wal Mart has exclusive Guardians cards. I believe that last year they had exclusives on Capt America, also. These are all in packs

So the underwear cards are not unique. They are the same ones you can pull from the Wal Mart packs
May 08, 2017, 11:39 AM
xtime
Son-in-law went shopping and gave me the pack.

It had a die-cut card of baby Groot, one foil, and two base. All the images were animated instead of live shots from the movie.

Cool Cool

May 09, 2017, 02:36 PM
xtime
More specifically the Pack content...
2 base (numbered WP#. Guess WP = Wal-Mart Pack?)
1 foil (numbered WP#)
1 die-cut (numbered DC-5)

Wrapper states...
Gold parallels 1:2
Blue parallels 1:2
Autos numbered to #10
Stan Lee auto numbered to #10
Memorabilia 1:10,000 (That's a lot of undies) Eek

June 12, 2017, 05:47 PM
Tommy C
According to Jeff Allender's site, the underwear cards are actually slightly different from the Wal Mart pack cards. At least some of them are

He says

Subjects for the WP base cards generally match those of the RP Walmart-exclusive inserts for the later main GOTG2 release, with different card backs and images that were changed, cropped, or at a different magnification. A few of the higher numbered card subjects were replaced with characters that were not identified in the Hanes series to avoid pre-movie-release spoilers.

Plus it looks like the underwear cards are WP and the matching insert cards in the packs start with RB
June 12, 2017, 08:48 PM
Batman
I have both versions and they are quite different

June 13, 2017, 11:54 AM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I have both versions and they are quite different

Both versions of what? The cards or the underwear Razz