Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Guardians of the Galaxy Wal Mart underwear cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guardians of the Galaxy Wal Mart underwear cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Packs of Hanes underwear at Wal Mart contain packs of Guardians Series 2 cards by Upper Deck

These are apparently just common cards from a Wal Mart exclusive card set for Guardians. In other words, the cards are not exclusive to the undies. You can or will be able to get these in packs elsewhere, but only at Wal Mart

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification. I will skip'em now...

Posts: 2235 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Didn't realize it would be this big

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, so to clarify, Wal Mart has exclusive Guardians cards. I believe that last year they had exclusives on Capt America, also. These are all in packs

So the underwear cards are not unique. They are the same ones you can pull from the Wal Mart packs

Posts: 3973 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Son-in-law went shopping and gave me the pack.

It had a die-cut card of baby Groot, one foil, and two base. All the images were animated instead of live shots from the movie.

Cool Cool

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
More specifically the Pack content...
2 base (numbered WP#. Guess WP = Wal-Mart Pack?)
1 foil (numbered WP#)
1 die-cut (numbered DC-5)

Wrapper states...
Gold parallels 1:2
Blue parallels 1:2
Autos numbered to #10
Stan Lee auto numbered to #10
Memorabilia 1:10,000 (That's a lot of undies) Eek

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Jeff Allender's site, the underwear cards are actually slightly different from the Wal Mart pack cards. At least some of them are

He says

Subjects for the WP base cards generally match those of the RP Walmart-exclusive inserts for the later main GOTG2 release, with different card backs and images that were changed, cropped, or at a different magnification. A few of the higher numbered card subjects were replaced with characters that were not identified in the Hanes series to avoid pre-movie-release spoilers.

Plus it looks like the underwear cards are WP and the matching insert cards in the packs start with RB

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have both versions and they are quite different

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I have both versions and they are quite different

Both versions of what? The cards or the underwear Razz

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post