Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vampire Diaries P5
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
What is the story with this promo ? I was told that Cryptozoic gave out a few at Philly, but it wasn't really a Philly exclusive card.

So where was it available ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
There is a P5?!?
How did I miss it, has it been talked about somewhere on the forums that I missed? I too, would like to know where it was given out.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first I'd heard of it was up above in the Philly Show Reports

Someone from here on Card Talk said that Cryptozoic was giving them out at the show this past weekend

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I've now just spotted one on the 'bay, hopefully more will start being listed too.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't bid against me. I saw it first ! Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Someone from here on Card Talk said that Cryptozoic was giving them out at the show this past weekend

That was me. I walked past the table at one point on Saturday and picked one up. I just figured it was an unannounced promo that was being given out. I'll post scans of the front and back later today. It does not have the Philly show logo on it.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Suddenly, a few more have popped up for auction

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
quote:

That was me. I walked past the table at one point on Saturday and picked one up. I just figured it was an unannounced promo that was being given out. I'll post scans of the front and back later today. It does not have the Philly show logo on it.

I picked up 1 on Saturday too

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a scan of the front and back of P5.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't bid against me. I saw it first ! Smile

Well I didn't bid against you David, but it looks like you still had a lot of competition $35Eek
I'm hoping that quite a few more will pop up, as I can't bring myself to pay that much, yet..

I'm so jealous of all the lucky people who got to attend, anyone maybe have a spare one?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, I was bidding on a different auction, not that one. Mine hasn't ended yet. 3 or 4 more have appeared.

I haven't seen any of the other "new" Cryptozoic promos on the auction sites yet, the Tarzan P2, or the new Walking Dead P2. And where is Smallville P2 ???

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well those 3 or 4 must be US only auctions because there aren't any more listed as far as I can see. Shake Head

And there is now also a Fringe promo to be on the look out for too! Eek haven't seen one of them yet...

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i bid on the one that ended for $34.99, but I didn't go nearly that high, but from the sounds of it this promo may be extremely limited so I may have to bust out the $35+ to get one.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
$44 Eek Shake Head

I bid but it went above what I could afford, and that was the last one for sale. I really do hope more pop up...

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Once again the collecting world is going mad. Shake Head

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One just sold a few minutes ago for $37

Juelle, 6 total have appeared "you know where" over the past few days

I wish Cryptozoic would tell us where this promo was or will be available !

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yes but you have to take into account the fact that only 1 of them is listed to be sold internationally, which means there may be 6 you can bid on but at this moment there is only one I can. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I've often contacted the seller in this case, and most often they are willing to sell outside their country. Usually though, the shipping will of course be higher.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Several thousand of the P5 promo was given away at Paleyfest 2012 in LA back in March where the cast of Vampire Diaries appeared.

Paleyfest

We are in the process of adding all the promos to our product pages for trading cards moving forward. They are also listed on the pdf checklists but it seems this one slipped through the cracks.

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott for the info Thumb Up at least we now know where they were given out Smile

And Tattoox, thanks for the help. I will give that a try, it can't hurt to ask.