Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Benchwarmer Grand Prix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchwarmer Grand Prix
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Looks like there are 8 new cards for this recent event. I believe that in 2012, there was a 10 card Grand Prix set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 4013 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
in 2012 there was a 8 card set with the back showing 1 of 9 thru 8 of 9 (got the set) never seen a 9 of 9.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There definitely were 9 cards in the 2012 set, not 10 as I said earlier. See my post below for the list.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....1605453/m/8307078916

I recall that Benchwarmer sold cards 1-8 through their website, saying it was a "set", and I think #9 may have been released a short while later, but all 9 have been seen on ebay

Posts: 4013 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 2012 card #9 is Wrenna Monet. Pretty easy to find one now Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
That 2012 Grand Prix set 0f 9 is pretty, and now we have the 2013 set of 8 with only a slightly different design....

I think that BW is making far too many of these event sets, & now the sets are getting larger too (8-12 cards many times)

Whats even worse is that the BW girls sometimes do not even appear at the events that are promoted on the card (i.e. Chiller Theater, Comic Con, etc)

I'm cutting way back on collecting the new BW holiday cards (July 4th, Fathers & Mothers Day, New Years, etc) Way too much of what was once a good thing!

How do the rest of you feel about this?

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I personally only collect BW cards that say 'promo' on them, or which specify an event. An exception being the Summit ones they've done in 2012-2013, because they seem to be just older promos and chase with the Summit logo stamped on them, numbered and autographed. Plus there are seemingly HUNDREDS of different of the Summit cards out there, and some are so limited #ed to 5, 10, etc. that it's impossible to collect them all, or to even know what even exists!

I chased after the 2010-2012 Tropic Beauty promos--the unsigned ones, but even those cost me a fortune. There are at least 66 cards in the set (hopefully not more!)--25 in 2010, 3 "finalist cards" in early 2011, and 38 in 2011-2012

Regarding the girls not showing up at events, the most infamous examples of that have been the San Diego Comic Con cards ! In 2011-2012, BW was not at SDCC, and yet in the months afterwards, a bunch of the SD exclusives started showing up on ebay, for both years.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The new 2014 Grand Prix set consists of:

1- Lisa Gleave
2- Tiffany Selby
3- Mary Riley
4- Michelle Baena
5- Billie Jo Powers
6- Talor Marion
7- Raquel Pomplun
8- Jessica Burciaga
9- Jennifer Walcott
10- Hiromi Oshima