Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Wars Insider with P-1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Insider with P-1
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
Not certain this has been posted, but I found the new issue of SW Insider with a Rogue One series 1 promo P-1.
The issue offers two variant covers, but the promo seems to be the same.

..............RED ALERT!!!................
Be advised...every promo I've checked, at three different stores, is damaged.
Unfortunately, they placed the promo right where the seam to the protective packaging is located. It is hard to see until you remove it. Good hunting.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are some being sold in which the sellers claim that the promo is not damaged. Hope that they are telling the truth !

Posts: 3974 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found one today and it is ok ,but I am in the U.K

Posts: 50 | Location: U.K | Registered: August 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!
Clap

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
My subscriber copy finally arrived today and it was damaged in two places... the aforementioned mark from the seam of the bag and while the card was affixed to the front of the magazine with some gummy stuff, it was done so at an angle so one of the corners stuck out below the edge of the magazine and was bent as a result. Ah well, it's just a free promo so I'm not going to sweat it, but previously when they put promos in the bag with magazine, they handled it better.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened the sealed copy of the mag today. While you cannot see the damage to the card in the wrapper, unfortunately when you open it and hold it on an angle, there is a big white diagonal slash across it

I also picked up a loose P1 on ebay without the mag and it was not damaged

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I just re-looked at mine. There's a vertical line going from the R in "Rebel" almost straight up to the top.

Add to that, Barnes & Noble doesn't give returns on magazines, especially ones that have had their bags opened up.

Nerf-herders! {B&N, Star Wars Insider mag, and Topps} Mad

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:

The real fault lies with the production company that bagged the magazine. Normally, bagged magazines are done so with the seam on the backside so that the cover is cleanly visible. My copy came with the seam on the front of the magazine which was right where the card was located. If they had bagged it properly, meaning the seam on the back, the line damage would have been avoided.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I've got mine damage too Mad

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quick question ,does star wars insider magazine have promo cards in often ?.

Posts: 50 | Location: U.K | Registered: August 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
quote:

The real fault lies with the production company that bagged the magazine. Normally, bagged magazines are done so with the seam on the backside so that the cover is cleanly visible. My copy came with the seam on the front of the magazine which was right where the card was located. If they had bagged it properly, meaning the seam on the back, the line damage would have been avoided.

I picked up a copy today, the UK edition seems to be bagged slightly differently - no seam or gum holding the card in place. I'm not collecting the USA cards, so if anyone needs this promo, let me know.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

I picked up a copy today, the UK edition seems to be bagged slightly differently - no seam or gum holding the card in place. I'm not collecting the USA cards, so if anyone needs this promo, let me know.

That will be me. Wavey

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
OK Wolfie, I'll send it to you next week. Wave

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
OK Wolfie, I'll send it to you next week. Wave

Thank you, i would email you but it does not seem to be working at the moment. Frown

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brown123:
A quick question ,does star wars insider magazine have promo cards in often ?.

No, in recent years, maybe once a year, sometimes less often. I would say that over the history of SW Insider, they maybe had promos 4 or 5 times

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you David

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I bought both mags with different covers, so if someone needs the extra promo I have, give me a holler.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post